• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

why did UlraViolet suck?

Mr. Credible

jukebox hero
Reaction score
how the crap did that happen?!? it had everything going for it! it had the futuristic, minority report-ish setting, great looking sets, a solid story idea, some good choreography (a fight scene with flaming swords, c'mon!) milla's bare ass, and her in alot of skimpy outfits, the guy from equilibriuum wrote/directed it (unless i'm wrong on that one, i'm not sure, and i didn't care enough to look) a few great special effects (and about a thousand that looked like they were straight from the 80's) some awesome concepts (disposable cell phone, anyone?), vampies, and a miriad of other things that should have made this movie great!

how did this movie end up sucking? i don't get it? it was sofa-king bad! it was almost uwe boll bad, as in, it wasn't even so bad it was good... it was just bad.

what are your thoughts?

oops... i meant 'UltraViolet', not 'UlraViolet'... my bad.

because screen gems took over and didnt let kurt wimmer do his magic but i rented the unrated and it makes the movie better

I was really hoping it would be good, but....it wasn't.
In fact it might be the worst movie I have ever seen

what was bad about it? i saw equilibrium it was pretty dumb movie but the fight scenes were pretty cool. but still the movies story just came off dumb. like it had matrix feel and 1984 going for it. seemed like a straight to video action film but a bit better with a rip off story., like carnasaur to jurassic park.

you thought equilibrium was a pretty dumb movie?

geez... i have no idea who you are, and as such you had no credibility with me whatsoever, but, if you did, it would now be almost all gone.

#1Batmanfan said:
because screen gems took over and didnt let kurt wimmer do his magic but i rented the unrated and it makes the movie better

wow... i'm very happy i didn't see the 'rated' version, then, because the unrated one still blew goats.

The film was 2 hrs long, but Sony Screen Gems took over and edited it. Backstory, violence, language were removed. The director has stated the theater cut isn't his soundtrack, special effects as well. The unrtaed version clocks in at 94 min.

The movie was so bad I got up out of my theater seat and took a nap in the aisle.

For some reason most movies with a female hero sucks

i JUST finished watching the unrated dvd and i loved it even more than in the theaters!

....kurt wimmer is awesome

UV didnt suck..... its an opinion.

UWE BOLL sucks... and thats a fact

Mr. Credible said:
you thought equilibrium was a pretty dumb movie?

geez... i have no idea who you are, and as such you had no credibility with me whatsoever, but, if you did, it would now be almost all gone.

let me guess and you liked Superman Returns? your credibility is gone for having the icon.

ZER0C00L said:
let me guess and you liked Superman Returns? your credibility is gone for having the icon.

And now your credibility is gone again for apparently not having much of an IQ.

At first I thought this was another "Resident Evil", but when I saw the trailer I realized it made RE look like "The Godfather".

AndI don't care how many "director's cut" or "special editions" they churn, the movie will STILL suck.

Too much of the film sucked for a director's cut to make any difference. There's still an overabundance of inept, cliched dialogue, ridiculously bad special effects, terrible acting, and a climax that's essentially a retread of Equilibrium, right down to Milla's white outfit when she goes after Daxus (granted, it eventually becomes red. . . .FOR NO REASON!!).

action was great..for me the story was just awful as awful could get

the action was great, the style of it all was great, but the story and dialouge totally sucked...so that's 2 out of 4...it only half sucked...I still bought it, just because of the stylization of it

Simple, Kurt Wimmer is highly over-rated by fanboys. EQ was average at best. So, why should this movie be any good? It shouldn't have been any good and it wasn't.

where've you been reggiebar i haven't read a post from you in over a year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"