• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

why did UlraViolet suck?

#1Batmanfan said:
because screen gems took over and didnt let kurt wimmer do his magic but i rented the unrated and it makes the movie better
Maybe a little better. I don't think there's a big difference because the Unrated is only a longer version of the studio cut, not the Wimmer cut.

enterthemadness said:
The film was 2 hrs long, but Sony Screen Gems took over and edited it. Backstory, violence, language were removed. The director has stated the theater cut isn't his soundtrack, special effects as well. The unrtaed version clocks in at 94 min.
There you have it. Case closed.

KenK said:
right down to Milla's white outfit when she goes after Daxus (granted, it eventually becomes red. . . .FOR NO REASON!!).
The original cut explained that too. It was something about that the outfit reacts to the colors of the enviroment. Or something like that.

I just hope that some day were are able to see the original cut.

I's be cause femal superheroines do not do well on the bigscreen (at least at the boxoffice). I can't say the same for DVD sales, though.

dnno1 said:
I's be cause femal superheroines do not do well on the bigscreen (at least at the boxoffice). I can say the same for DVD sales, though.
Because it didn't make money it sucks? Stupid opinion imho.

- no character development
- bad acting
- HORRIBLE dialogue
- choppy/corny fight scenes that've been ripped from other movies
- random actions and shots
- subpar effects
- little to no plot

the movie would make a person with down syndrome say "this movie is fargin' stupid!" the ONLY 2 things i liked about this movie was Milla Jovovich showing skin and the costume design. everything else was just piss poor. easily one of the worst movies i've ever seen...i want my 2 hours back.

Anybody who saw the previews for UltraViolet and thought it would actually be good is a fool. It was your basic paint by numbers action movie, nothing I saw looked anywhere near original.

Oh yeah and Equilibrium is not nearly as great as people say it is, it's also a paint by numbers movie, just using 1984 as the base material. Sure there was some pretty action scenes, but nothing about the movie was original at all.

3dman27 said:
where've you been reggiebar i haven't read a post from you in over a year
I try and pop up every now again - usually in this forum.

amazingfantasy15 said:
Oh yeah and Equilibrium is not nearly as great as people say it is, it's also a paint by numbers movie, just using 1984 as the base material. Sure there was some pretty action scenes, but nothing about the movie was original at all.

All of the EQ supporters are going to try to claim that although the concept was "borrowed" (they will now site how The Matrix was influenced by anima, etc...) EQ was still a great movie. No, it was a far from a great movie! In fact, it is a rather bland movie with a few spiffy sequences, bad acting, and corny dialouge.

all i can remeber about that movie is this line...

Really high pitch voice- Gonna Make stronger SOOOOLLLDIERS"

Rac said:
Because it didn't make money it sucks? Stupid opinion imho.

That is the way a lot of members at this board and others seem to equate it. The amount of money a film makes is a measure of the amount of popularity it had when it ran at the boxoffice. The less money it made indicates that fewer people were interested in actually going to see the film. That doesn't mean that the film won't get its money back eventually (from DVD sales).

enterthemadness said:
The film was 2 hrs long, but Sony Screen Gems took over and edited it. Backstory, violence, language were removed. The director has stated the theater cut isn't his soundtrack, special effects as well. The unrtaed version clocks in at 94 min.

While all of that is true, and I was able to SORT of see where Wimmer was headed with it before the studio took it over and completely FUBAR'd it, I still don't think it would have been a great film when he was done with it. The concept was good, and I think it would have come across as more original if Wimmer had been allowed to do what he wanted to do with the film. It probably would have been "okay" in contrast to just flat out being sh1tty like the final film that was released was. Stylistically, there was some cool stuff going on in the film and I thought Milla did a pretty decent job in the film. As it was, though, it was just a giant mess by the time it made it to release. A lot of wasted potential with this one.

jag

People just have this reverance for Equilibrium that it didn't really deserve. So that's why.

Equilibrium was really just a B movie with some quality actors and performances. The movie really was nothing truly special.

For those who have seen the extended cut... what is the partial nudity? Is it the same as in the theatrical?

There are better movies than Ultraviolet if you want to see Milla Jovovich naked.

zer00 said:
And now your credibility is gone again for apparently not having much of an IQ.

WHo the F Asked you? A hole.

The stoyline looked great in the trailer, sucked in the movie -_-'

TheVileOne said:
There are better movies than Ultraviolet if you want to see Milla Jovovich naked.
i liked ultraviolet because of the action......

AND I BET MY LIFE im gonna hear the the same "the action is a rip off of everything....and its super lame" ****..... i spit on u!

Mr. Credible said:
whoops. nevermind.
^
YOU OWNED YOURSELF!!!!!

BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

sorry..................BWAHAHAH!!

hah, i realized my drunken mistake and changed it before anyone but you saw it!

nice try!

UV was a very bland movie with okay action sequences and poor storytelling. Milla was decent in it, but her character was not interesting and none of the scenes made any lasting impression on me. It's like EQ, but instead of straight shootouts they had some sword fights instead. I'm not surprised by the lukewarm reception it received at the BO.

am i the only one that could tell that the intro music was ripped off of Spider-Man 2's intro music? listen very closely....UV's intro music even has the same ques and tones...

TheVileOne said:
People just have this reverance for Equilibrium that it didn't really deserve. So that's why.

Equilibrium was really just a B movie with some quality actors and performances. The movie really was nothing truly special.

Right On! BTW, I also think part of the love for EQ is the strange worship that fanboys seem to have for Christian Bale – it is odd to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"