Comics Why do people hate Carnage?

You cant hate that pshychopath!!!
But ult. Carnage should burn in bad place(2 much)Cant wait for ult. Kassady
can somebody tell me what happend at the end of Maximum Carnage?

Please stop spamming the MindBomb oneshot - it was hardly the Masterpeice so many seem to think it is.

Vile said:
Please stop spamming the MindBomb oneshot - it was hardly the Masterpeice so many seem to think it is.

Jesus H. Christ. No one claimed it was a "masterpiece." It is, however, relevant to the subject of this thread.

As such, I'll feel free to keep "spamming" about it if I desire to, since the subject-matter is on-topic; just as you no doubt will feel free to keep "spamming" your opinion about both it and the subject of this thread.

This kind of attitude is the exact reason it is all but impossible to have a decent conversation about anything out here these days; I literally cannot believe the high-handed gall needed to post a demand of this type. Who the bad place do you think you are? Request denied! In fact request denied so thoroughly that I may well post a few scans later.

I have always disliked Carnage because from my very limited knowledge of him, he seemed kind of shallow, lacking depth, and too close to Venom.

hes a vile bastard no doubt though a part of me resents the idea that hes stronger than venom. this never made much sense to me so blah.

Vile said:

Compared to some o' the crap Marvel is churning out nowadays, it does stand out as a very good comic, especially in relation to the Spider-Man Mythos.... and like others have said, I seriously doubt marvel would have the big brass balls to publish anything like that again....

A trend I seem to be noticing in alot of the posts on this baord is that some of the people who dislike Carnage know little about the character, and admit as much, therefore thier impresion of him is skewed torwards the negative.

Anyways, these are just some observations, I'm sure everyone's informed opinions on the subject are set in stone and will be unchanged, but for those who don't know about the character, the Comics listed earlier are highly recommended. And who knows, your opinion may change.

Symbiotica said:
Anytime anyone starts a Carnage thread in the Spidey forums, you're right in there giving your "Meh..." opinion, and just generally trying to stir the pot. One would be justified in asking, "why?" But hey, whatever. As for my "belittling" you, if I ever actually start belittling you there will be no doubt in your mind whatsoever.

And whenever anyone's making a Carnage thread, you're there to give your "Yay..." opinion. One would be justified in asking, "why?" but hey, that's all they are. Opinions. They're worth about as much as a penny sliced in quarters. I'm just as free to share mine as you are yours. Them's the breaks. If you don't like my opinion, tough cookies. I'm not gonna not express it out of fear of incurring your "wrath".

I think your behavior in here speaks for itself, actually.

This is one reason I like Carnage: he ticks so many people off. The right people, if you ask me. :up:

Far be it for me to get ticked off by a comicbook character. But if that's the way you see it, you're more than welcome to that opinion. And yes, I agree. My behavior in here does speak for itself. I haven't insulted anyone, haven't made any juvenile, sophomoric comments, so I really don't understand what point you're trying to make regarding my behavior. I guess one single sarcastic comment is enough to merit bad behavior throughout an entire thread.

And yet, if this thread were... say... "Why do people hate Black Cat?" I would be willing to wager that you would not be so hard on my opinions or my style of expressing them. Perhaps you'd even be lauding my methodology or laughingly agreeing with me when I sarcastically point out that the "Black Cat" miniseries has been mentioned multiple times on the same page. But this isn't about my methods, or my "behavior" (which there is not a single legitimate problem with), it's about my opinion. Which really, you shouldn't take so personally.

Fact of the matter is, if someone asks a question, I am well within my rights to provide an answer, whether or not you like it or whether or not it offends you. Same goes for you. You dislike something I like? Go ahead, say it. I won't berate you for saying it, I won't imagine slights in your behavior for saying it, and I most certainly won't try to make it personal.

So how about this? You'll stop taking my opinions so personally, and I'll continue not taking your opinions personally. :up: After all, you still like Carnage, don't you? None of my words have changed that fact, and none of them ever will. And I'm not trying to either. I don't care if you like him. I don't care if anybody likes him. But I'm not going to stifle my opinions on him or anything out of sensitivity to those who might disagree.

Good day to you, madam, or good evening or whatever time it is wherever you are.

Cyclops said:
Far be it for me to get ticked off by a comicbook character. But if that's the way you see it, you're more than welcome to that opinion. And yes, I agree. My behavior in here does speak for itself. I haven't insulted anyone, haven't made any juvenile, sophomoric comments, so I really don't understand what point you're trying to make regarding my behavior. I guess one single sarcastic comment is enough to merit bad behavior throughout an entire thread.

The innocent act isn't washing. You are here [and in all Carnage threads] for one reason: to sow discord within them.

And yet, if this thread were... say... "Why do people hate Black Cat?" I would be willing to wager that you would not be so hard on my opinions or my style of expressing them. [snippity-doo-dah-day!] But this isn't about my methods, or my "behavior" (which there is not a single legitimate problem with), it's about my opinion. Which really, you shouldn't take so personally.

Is finding your lack of reasoning annoying "taking things personally"? Maybe so; in your universe anyways. I "personally" find your hypocrisy funny, that's about it

Here's the difference between me and you, since you bring up Black Craptastic:

me: "Black Cat is an idiotic character who is way overpowered and an insult to females everywhere. Why? Because [here] she did this, [there] she did that, and TETMD is the stupidest thing I have ever read for [x] reason. Plus her costume is ridiculous, as all non-males can clearly see."

you: "Meh. I don't like Carnage. Never read anything with him in it, really, don't know anything about any of his main character-arcs, nor am I interested in knowing more... I just don't like him."

I understand that the differences between these hypothetical statements are invisible to you, and this is why you'll never get it.

Fact of the matter is, if someone asks a question, I am well within my rights to provide an answer, whether or not you like it or whether or not it offends you.

In order to provide a good answer, it helps to know something about the subject matter. Providing opinions about stuff you know nothing about is a great way to end up looking like an idiot. Why on earth should anyone care about -your- opinion on this subject-matter? You've pretty much admitted you know little about it! LOL!

This is quite amusing; pray continue :)

Whenever did I say that? You'll have to find the quote, because I'm not going to do your research for you. I have read plenty with him in it, ranging from comicbook arcs to prose novels and even kiddied-down cartoon and video-game appearances. I know about several of his main-character arcs. I know enough to know that he was portrayed entirely incorrectly in "New Avengers # 2" and that very portrayal is a wide-open door to retcon his death at the hands of The Sentry because there was nothing there that identified him as Carnage.

Truth be told, the exact same thing applies to you too. Why should anyone on earth care if you like him? Why should anyone care what anybody in this thread thinks? Why should anybody care what anybody thinks about anything? You obviously care very much about my opinion or you wouldn't be arguing with me so vehemently about it. So why is that? Why do you care so much about my opinion? Why does it bother you so?

I'm sure there are plenty of things you dislike that you don't know every last thing about. Or are you going to try to make me believe that you have a wealth of knowledge on everything you have an opinion about? Cripes almighty, intimate knowledge is not necessary to formulate opinion. Let me ask you this: what exactly did you know about Carnage before you decided that you liked him? Not a whole lot, I'm willing to guess. You probably liked the design, the powers, the artwork, so you investigated more. Am I right?

So, let's think here a bit. If one doesn't particularly care to learn more, he's probably not going to keep investigating just so his opinion holds more merit with people like you. After all, he doesn't particularly like the character, why would he keep reading? I can hardly be expected to go and read every single story about a character I don't particularly like to appease you.

So yeah, ya got me there. I don't have intimate knowledge of Carnage. Sue me. But I've read enough to know that I don't particularly care for the character. And I don't see what's so bad about me... golly gosh... saying so. After all, you've got your Carnage-gushing thread already. Heck, you've got two. Would you prefer that this be one too?

And now to address the discord-sowing... if expressing negative opinions is sowing discord, then you better get that high-horse a movin' sister, 'cause there's a whoooole heck of a lot of discord sowing going on all over these boards (and I'm certain you'd find some of your own too) and it's time for you to clean it aaaalll up. After all, you get on one guy for "sowing discord", it's only fair to get all over everyone.

So yeah, here we go. And this is the last I'll say in this little argument then you can get the last word to your heart's content: as long as the question keeps coming up, I'll keep saying my piece. As will you, as will everybody else in this thread. That's the Hype for ya. Happens if you're asking about Carnage, Storm, Gambit, Chris Claremont, Grant Morisson, J. Michael Stracsynski, John Romita Jr., any recurring subject. As long as the same questions get asked, the same people will continue to give the same answers over and over and over again, and there's not a damn thing you can say that will ever change that.

Cyclops said:
[sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip] So yeah, ya got me there. I don't have intimate knowledge of Carnage. Sue me. But I've read enough to know that I don't particularly care for the character. And I don't see what's so bad about me... golly gosh... saying so. After all, you've got your Carnage-gushing thread already. Heck, you've got two. Would you prefer that this be one too?

I can see the word "hypothetical" is lost on you; that's okay, I understand. But I only have one thread, not two; and I well remember when you showed up in it and attempted to start a fight. :) Yeah, *that* worked.

Let me ask you this: what exactly did you know about Carnage before you decided that you liked him? Not a whole lot, I'm willing to guess. You probably liked the design, the powers, the artwork, so you investigated more. Am I right?

Actually, no you're not. But the hows and whys of my becoming a Carnage fan are besides the point: the point is, I know a lot about him.

You don't.

Therefore I am not taking your opinion that seriously.

And this is the last I'll say in this little argument then you can get the last word to your heart's content: as long as the question keeps coming up, I'll keep saying my piece.

Riddle me this, discordian: let's hear some actual concrete reasons as to why your opinion on this issue is important. Why exactly DON'T you like Carnage? Be specific. None of this "meh" stuff. You have an opinion? A line of reasoning? Trot it out.

I've already made my position on the matter plain over a number of years, in differing threads. People know I like Carnage, and why I like him. Why should we care that you, who admit you know almost nothing, don't like him? Tell us. Say your piece.

Symbiotica said:
Jesus H. Christ. No one claimed it was a "masterpiece." It is, however, relevant to the subject of this thread.

As such, I'll feel free to keep "spamming" about it if I desire to, since the subject-matter is on-topic; just as you no doubt will feel free to keep "spamming" your opinion about both it and the subject of this thread.

This kind of attitude is the exact reason it is all but impossible to have a decent conversation about anything out here these days; I literally cannot believe the high-handed gall needed to post a demand of this type. Who the bad place do you think you are? Request denied! In fact request denied so thoroughly that I may well post a few scans later.

Tee hee.

=)

zer00 said:
Only racists hate Carnage. And I'll be damned if I'm going to agree with a nazi.

I swear you're the only rational man in this place. What time do they generally feed us, anyway? Say, does your cell have a window?

I love Carnage and I take him over bullseye Mr. Zsasz and the voilator any day. I also love the goblins(except the gray goblin) and the joker but everybody loves him, how ever I do wonder if just because he is the original if he,s really that much better then he,s Marvel counterparts, I mean the phantom is the original batman jet nobody seems to care about him.

I never much cared for him because he always seemed to be a way for Marvel to cash in on Venom's popularity. And with Venom being my all time favorite comic book character(along with Spidey),the comparassions were always being made between Venom and Carnage,and obviously I'm siding with Venom. Carnage seems like a combination of Venom and the Joker and as I've said,appears to be just a cash in on the "Venom empire."

I never much cared for him because he always seemed to be a way for Marvel to cash in on Venom's popularity. And with Venom being my all time favorite comic book character(along with Spidey),the comparassions were always being made between Venom and Carnage,and obviously I'm siding with Venom. Carnage seems like a combination of Venom and the Joker and as I've said,appears to be just a cash in on the "Venom empire."

Hobgoblin from The Animated Series was closer to Joker. Mark Hamill even voiced him to sound like Joker.

Hobgoblin from The Animated Series was closer to Joker. Mark Hamill even voiced him to sound like Joker.
Well,esp. when it came to the 90's series,Carnage(and Cassidy)acted like a loon,almost the same way that the Joker did(in certain forms of media). Always laughing and with a smile on his face. I certainly got that Joker "vibe" from the character.
With that being said,I don't hate Carnage,but I'm not a fan either.

Before reading stories of him I couldn't think of him as anything other than a symbiote too many with only motivation to be a psycho killer for fun, used to hate him. Now I like him

I think Carnage is awesome.....to an extent. He is far from being Spidey's greatest foe, if you ask me.

I'm glad this thread was bumped (after 5 years of inactivity). Otherwise I never would have read Symbiotica's awesome putdowns. :woot:

No, I hated what Bendis did to the character just to prop up Sentry. I dislike when writers have their characters beat up Spidey villains, it's just lazy writing to me. I'm happy Carnage is back, not a huge fan of comics from the nineties, but Carnage has a lot more stories to tell, imo.

No, I hated what Bendis did to the character just to prop up Sentry. I dislike when writers have their characters beat up Spidey villains, it's just lazy writing to me. I'm happy Carnage is back, not a huge fan of comics from the nineties, but Carnage has a lot more stories to tell, imo.

And marvel writers have really been screwing up with the spider-man characters.

Gwen Stacy having sex with Norman Osborn.

The Scorpion becoming venom

Spider-man making a deal with the devil:doh:

I like him. He's a spree killer and a sadist with an alien life form that gives him superpowers. You don't need too much depth with that character. Had a ****** childhood and grew into a monster. He's not different from any real spree killers that exist in the world, just as fleshed out. Far superior as a character to the eddie brock version of venom. Eddie is a one note wonder that's never had any decent character other than being a whiny child. Eddie vs. Cleatus? Cleatus every day of the week and twice on sunday. There's just no comparison.

He doesn't need something deep. He loves to murder and cause pain so he does it? What's there not to understand about it? He doesn't cover things up or make apologies. Some villains need deep motivation but that depends on their goals, if you goal is pain and death what more do you need than a love of causing pain and death?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"