Why do we say ''Jesus Christ''?

I remember we asked my aunt when we were kids what the "H" stood for, and said "Harry. Jesus Harry Christ." She was kidding...but it was one of the rare times she had a sense of humor, so the moment stands out.

Having grown up in mostly Irish-Catholic home, I've heard several variations of it, the most popular being "Holy Mary, mother of God...(insert exasperated question here)."

I've also heard it uttered mostly in random moments of surprise, shock, and quite often during the first drop on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in Disney World.

Other than that I have no idea where it comes from as an expression. :oldrazz:

I go all planet of the apes and say "they blew it all up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

Any time i want to say Jesus Christ or god dammit, i say Matt Damon.

so im all like ughh MATT DAMON.

Jesus Titty Fracking Christ is a fav of mine

Why do people say ''Jesus Christ'' when angry? Why not say ''Fruit loops'' or ''Brad Pitt''?

Why does this pop into our brain? Do we take the lords name in vein because we know it's wrong? Or does it come to us naturally because everyone else says it?:huh:

It started as a way to express indignation in a way that's more shocking than "regular" vulgarity. Referencing bodily fluids or body parts was meant to be offensive but bringing the name of Christ or God into one's swearing is meant to blatantly offend sacred things. However, it's so commonplace now that I don't think people, especially non-believers, even know that.

i just say tona danza, same effect, both gods in my opinion

I have a habit of saying "Jesus Christ" when I can't believe something just happened or someone just did or said something ******ed.

Examples:

Bush: "I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

Me: Jesus Christ

A good friend: I got caught drunk driving.

I have a habit of saying "Jesus Christ" when I can't believe something just happened or someone just did or said something ******ed.

Examples:

Bush: "I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

A good friend: I got caught drunk driving.

I have a habit of saying " This is all Peter Parker's fault" and "I'm gonna eat somebody's brains" when I get mad. It really creeps people out and I'm not kidding.:yay:

I usually say "Jesuss SSS**** GODDAYUMN!!!!" ..which is like, nine times worse.

I have a habit of saying " This is all Peter Parker's fault" and "I'm gonna eat somebody's brains" when I get mad. It really creeps people out and I'm not kidding.:yay:

The Venom quote is awesomeness.

So there I was, shopping. I picked up a portable DVD player thinking this would make a good gift for someone for Christmas. I hear a woman next to me say ''Jesus Christ''. I turn to look at her, she looked stressed. Later that day I'm sitting down to drink some water. Some guy can't seem to get his money out of the A.T.M. He mutters ''Jesus Christ''. Why do people say ''Jesus Christ'' when angry? Why not say ''Fruit loops'' or ''Brad Pitt''?

Why does this pop into our brain? Do we take the lords name in vein because we know it's wrong? Or does it come to us naturally because everyone else says it?:huh:

Because saying that name has some therapeutic qualities. Say it next time you're frustrated and see if it doesn't help you feel a little better.

Let's all work to cease using God/Jesus' name as a curse, not just because it's a commandment not to do so.
But also, for us to be as cool as our very own Musclesforsupes and use words like "Randor" and "Megalon" in profane manners.

For example

*Hype member stubs toe*
Hypester: "Holy Godzilla!" :cmad:

I say 'Jesus ****in' christ, mother****ing, *****ucking, dickface, son of a *****, ****e, ****wit, C-word'

But that's just me.

Because we are unable to accept responsibility for our own actions. So when we stub our toe, we don't think, "I should be more careful." Oh No! We think, "Look what God's done to me now!" And subconsciously we immediatly leap to, "Since you did that to ME... I'll now do something to you!" Then we do what we know we shouldn't and somehow... somehow this little evil makes us feel better. Kinda like posting on the internet.

I like you:yay:

I say Jiminey Christmas a lot because it amuses me when people look at me funny. I also say jeepers, holy smokes, and golly. Unless I am around my nieces and nephews, and then I teach them all the cuss words, because that is my job as the "fun aunt"

I say Jiminey Christmas a lot because it amuses me when people look at me funny. I also say jeepers, holy smokes, and golly. Unless I am around my nieces and nephews, and then I teach them all the cuss words, because that is my job as the "fun aunt"

:D

I love the saying 'Jesus Christ bananas' -- it makes me laugh :grin:

Yeah, my wife can get pretty brutal on Jesus' whole family. My mother-in-law, too. Of course, they do it all in Spanish which just makes it sound really hot.
Aye dios mio!! Is the one I hear from my wife and mother-in-law. Not sure of the spelling though. and is very hot when a Puerto Rican woman looses her temper and start swearing in Spanish.

Even when I cursed, more then I do now, I never said "Jesus Christ" for a swear.

I used "GD" on a regular basis, until my father asked me to name three things God actually damned.

When I answer, the Hebrews in Egypt, and the desert, Sodom and Gomorrah, and Job, he answered back "smartass."

Needless to say, I got his point, and never said it again. :up:

Well he took the time to forbid the eating of shrimp, and wearing certain kinds of cloth, so nothing's too trivial for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"