• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Does Wolverine get a pass but the Punisher Doesn't?

No he hasnt.
He has if you disregard continuity completely! :up:

And besides, if Hulk is labeled a killer because he's smashed down buildings, so should Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, and many other Marvel heroes.

Wolverine has a bright Yellow Costume; Punisher doesn't.

Wolverine has a bright Yellow Costume; Punisher doesn't.

Hey that's why he get's MY vote! (snicker, snicker..)

Actually, I like Punisher more these days then Logan...as was stated earlier, ol' Wolvie just got too damn popular..(he's still a great character..just not in every appearance unfortunately). Frank, while I acknowledge him as being a one-dimensional kinda character, has been portrayed reasonably the same over time IMHO. Or in other words..at least I know what I'm going to get when I buy a Punisher book..with Wolvie it can be kind of a crap shoot....

:bh:

Did they ever follow up on the voice that Punisher made a deal with in BORN? Or was it a reference to something from the Zombiesher era I keep reading about here?

I think the voice just represented Frank's dark side. The bit inside him that makes other kids blow up bullfrogs and burn ants with magnifying glasses but usually goes away by the time they grow up. Frank's just stuck with him and re-emerged as a coping mechanism when he found himself in the midst of 'Nam.

Yeah, it felt supernatural to me, since it knew about the future, and Frank actually kind of traded his family for his never ending war. Maybe it's best left unexplained.

Anyone see the teaser for that b.s. "FrankenCastle" change that Marvel's promoting for November? Apparently Daken's gonna [BLACKOUT]cut Frank to literal pieces[/BLACKOUT] and he's going to be [BLACKOUT]resurrected as a monster/frankenstein hybrid[/BLACKOUT]. Two things:

1) Marvel: What. The. F***. Congratulations, this may be one of your worst ideas yet. What were you thinking? Zombisher was a disaster and this idea may be even worse. Way to screw over all of your fans and the loyal readers. Again. Great job. Also, who came up with this garbage? Is Loeb writing ALL of Marvel now? Rant point: between OMD, Ultimatum, Loeb's Hulk, the Punisher MAX relaunch and this, Marvel is desperately trying to screw over all of their readers. I'm a huge Punisher fan, and this is a sucker-punch in the face. F*** you, Marvel.

2) The Punisher has survived multiple run-ins with Wolverine and actually held his own quite well. So I'm to believe that Daken, the cheap, p***** version of Wolverine could[BLACKOUT] beat and dismember Castle[/BLACKOUT] when his Dad couldn't? I'm calling Bulls***. This would be like Rulk punching out Galactus. But, I'm sure that's coming too.

***Ranting done***

Well, before you go nuts, maybe you should really wait and see first if it even happens. I have a hard time believing that Marvel is going to end up doing that. Unless it's a confirmed change

Well, maybe you're right. I might be jumping to conclusions. But look at the promo images Marvel is releasing and maybe you'll see why I'm so mad (if you're a fan).

Oh, well I haven't seen it or anything. With as bad received as that Zombisher stuff you mentioned was I doubt Marvel would do that on a permanent basis for Punisher. Who's writing this?

I guess Remender, still. But it begins in a Bendis written tie-in.

While Remender's Punisher has been okay, both he and former writer Fraction, show a lack of understanding and respect for the character. I'd like to keep as open a mind as you, but Marvel's decisions seem to get worse and worse. Here's hoping it's retconned. I'm not happy about it and I assume many won't be: I've done a few google searches and the reception is already mostly negative.

Last edited:
Oh wow, that is...pretty weird. I wouldn't put much into to be honest. It may last awhile, but I think it'll be magically fixed or something fairly soon.

Either way, very strange move

Wow... Punisher-Zombie would be a really scary idea... (and given that image...)

Is this for real? Oh man, please Marvel don't do something this stupid, pllleeeeeease, I was loving this direction of the book.

That's ****ed up. Good thing I'm not a big Punisher fan!

Oh and a side note, Daken has actually got the better of his dad every time they have fought one on one if I remember correctly.

Wolverine is so watered down these days people don't think of him has a killing machine anymore.

From the last film he is like a big kitten.

I really really enjoyed the last Punisher film and do hope they do another with Rey he did a fantastic job.

Thanks to Origins I'm now kind of over Wolverine, the films will just be kids films there to make money, not comic book films that show us fans the real Logan.

X-Force is a great comic but Wolvie ain't in it all that much these days.

He has if you disregard continuity completely! :up:

And besides, if Hulk is labeled a killer because he's smashed down buildings, so should Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, and many other Marvel heroes.

There's a difference between unintentional collateral damage while fighting monsters and supervillains in order to stop them from doing worse, and breaking things because you're angry and insane.

oh **** I hope this is a joke?!

Killing Frank and now he is FrankenCastle ... no thanks.

I'll stick to the Max line hopefully they won't **** him up so much.

I'm with you, bro. MAX has been the only REAL Punisher for years now. And this "FrankenCastle" idea is complete bulls***.

I'm with you, bro. MAX has been the only REAL Punisher for years now. And this "FrankenCastle" idea is complete bulls***.

I hope its just a joke in the end.

Kind of tired of all this Dark Reign stuff now.

Osborn needs to be killed off once and for all.

The only good thing to come of it is Dark Wolverine, which is what Wolverine used to be before Marvel nurtured him and turned him into a *****.

FrankenCastle. Hilarious. It's obviously not here to stay, so enjoy it while it lasts.

This is the reason I love comic books, you can take a character and put a crazy spin on it without consequences. You can't have this much fun with any other medium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"