Why Does Wolverine get a pass but the Punisher Doesn't?

So I guess you're the target audience.

So I guess you're the target audience.

I guess. I like the freedom comics grant. You tell me you're not at least a little bit intrigued WTF is happening with FRANKENCASTLE?

Nope. Didn't like it when it was the Zombisher, doubt i'd like FrakenCastle either. I mean, this would be good for a halloween one shot, but this is gonna be the new status quo? Ugh.

Nope. Didn't like it when it was the Zombisher, doubt i'd like FrakenCastle either. I mean, this would be good for a halloween one shot, but this is gonna be the new status quo? Ugh.

For a guy such an optimistic avatar you sure are gloomy. I mean how long did Spidey have his Iron spider suit? Four or five months worth of stories, Is not really a status quo. I don't think it will stick beyond that. And if it does... the next Punisher film will be a lot more interesting.

Hollywood didn't know what to do with the Punisher as he is now, producers would **** bricks trying to adapt... FRANKENCASTLE!

Four or five months? No. Try maybe a year or two. This isn't just a silly storyarc dude. This is a group brain fart coming at us from the house of old ideas that didn't work so good the first time.

I'm just curious about what the story that restores the Punisher to normal will look like. I imagine becoming a living corpse monster would be kind of hard to undo without a totally ridiculous story.

The resolution? Nano-machines... *cough*MGS4*cough* But see, I think the problem with this is that it's not a costume change or allegiance shift, but it's a core change to a character's physiology. I mean from the way things are going, this looks like Frank is going to be hacked up and instead of getting the typical Marvel-Streamlined (nigh identical to original human form) cyborg body, he's going to be strung together with jury rigged tech. We don't even know if he's alive with dead tissue limbs re-attached or if he actually does die and is zombifed through magic and/or tech. If this is what the new status quo will be, it'll be a big chore for any future writer to just come along and reverse things to a stable level.

Ugh...I don't get it? Are the sales slipping or something? I mean I liked this book for the simple reason that it brought Frank back, but had him level the playing field in a way I wish he had done for years. Using stolen villain tech and paraphernalia to fight evil was genius. That's how he should be updated, not artificially tacking on bizarre and unnecessary crap. Sorry, that's just my $.02...I'm having flashbacks to zombisher. Ironically, I almost think that wouldn't be as bad as this.

FrankenCastle? I wonder how much thought went into that? It's obvious, really. Cleverly stupid. I mean, i have no problems at all with Daredevil or Spiderman or any other Marvel character popping up in a Punisher comic set in the MU. But when you do this stuff to him, it's just kinda stupid. I mean, sure, it makes sense that something like this can happen in the regular MU, but why The Punisher? Remender was doing an alright job on the title, but this is ridiculous.

Jason Aaron is doing the MAX title. That should be sweet. But this MU Punisher? I don't know. We'll see.

Remender has some crazy ideas in his other comics. Maybe this was his idea because he thought it'd be fun.

Remender has some crazy ideas in his other comics. Maybe this was his idea because he thought it'd be fun.

Well, then Remender, along with Fraction, needs to keep his ideas out of books for established characters. Let him f*** up something he has created. Does anyone remember when the Punisher was probably Marvel's most realistic and down-to-earth title? Back before we had to hunt down supervillians every friggin' month. Back when the Punisher's involvement in the MU consisted of a conflict with the Kingpin or Bullseye and a run-in with Daredevil or Spider-man once every two years or so? Back when killed characters stayed dead and the Punisher used REAL weapons, such as the trademark .45's. Back before mystical resurrections and former villains became supporting team members (ie. that reject Stuart Clark). I miss the simpler days... call me nostalgic, but I miss when the Punisher hunted mobsters and drug lords. Not "flyman".

Last edited:
Well, there's still MAX, and I guess Remender and co. is doing something to distinguished Punisher in the MU as different from just watered down MAX stories. I think the MAX series is considered the 'real' Punisher or whatever, and the MU Punisher is just there because it can maybe make a buck and their letting the writers play with it more

Last edited:
I'm with you, bro. MAX has been the only REAL Punisher for years now. And this "FrankenCastle" idea is complete bulls***.
I submitted my job application to Marvel, I'm tired of writers ****ing up a character who is so easy to write for provided one has a talent for creativity.

logan-wallface.jpg

owned.

So is Frank going to see a tiny cartoon-like Punisher floating his head too? :hehe:

Anyway, I'm actually kind of intrested of FrankenCastle. I like it that there not just giving us a watered down PG-13 Max Punisher and instead giving us bat-**** crazy ideas. Besides, Max still exist.

-Ultimate-Wolverine-VS-Hulk-.jpg

...hate when that happens.

can we rename this thread the "pictures of wolverine getting owned" thread?

Molly doesn't give a pass to either of them

Molly4.jpg

Runawaysv2012-page06.jpg

Runawaysv2012-page07.jpg

Jesus Christ, if she ever teamed up with Squirrel girl, that would be it for the MU.

Haha, what comic is that from? It looks like a Marvel Adventures comic.

Why was she screaming like that anyway? Just being an annoying brat?

Not a fan of Runaways but from what ive seen Molly looks really annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"