Why I love the back-issue bin...

Harlekin

Business
Reaction score
Okay, now don't get jealous ya'all, but I just bought the Avengers Forever maxi-series, for 12 bucks. :eek: :eek: :eek: So, this holds no relevance to the Marvel of today? True, true, I just really wanted to say this. So why not use this thread to comment on Avengers Forever, and I'll go and read it, and then comment myself? :D

05881216530.1.GIF

Heh shway, I can relate to yer joy. I've recently gotten a love of 50 cent bins myself. My first con ever and I walked away with almost 200 awesome issues fer 50 cents a pop. A good number in GREAT condition!

Backissue bins are your friend.

Actually, now that I think about it, why not indeed share your own back-issue stories. Although my other one wasn't actually in the bin but at a market I got Avengers #1-49 (Busiek run) plus two annuals from that same run for 50 bucks.

Ming...it's been about a year, I've already read and integrated some into th' main collection. What do I remember....

Well, Power Man & Iron Fist #121, Omega the Unknown about 5 issues, couple of th' Squadron Supreme mini from th' 80s, She-Hulk: The Ceremony #2, Spec SM Annual #2, Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix #1 & 4, Blade #1, Fantastic Four Atlantis Rising #1 & 2, th' issue of FF where Shulkie gets put into a nudie mag, Daredevil: Man Without Fear #1, Uncanny X-Men #281, Daredevil #250 & 251, Spec SM #32, 37, 41, 49, 54, 59, 68, 69, 131, 132, Darkness vol. 2 #12 & 13, Silver Surfer/Rune, Gladiator/Supreme and that's all I can remember from that haul.

I did recently order some backissues OL...they count too?

Anyone else wanna get in on this?

I got a Powers #1 signed by Mike Oeming for 5 bucks.

So far this year,I've picked up a sh1tload of Stern's Avengers in the #200s.

I'm trying to save money though so I usually just buy new releases these days.

****, ya just reminded me one of my haul was Avengers #240 or 241...whichever one had Spider-Woman as a ghost between worlds. Also th' Dave Letterman appearance and an annual team-up with th' Inhumans.

GNR4Life said:
So far this year,I've picked up a sh1tload of Stern's Avengers in the #200s.

I'm trying to save money though so I usually just buy new releases these days.

That's how I filled out most of my Avengers collection as well. I got pretty much all of the 200's and 300's from the $.50 and $1 boxes.

Awesome find! Avengers Forever is just incredible. Seriously, it's like Infinite Crisis, but... well, much better. So grand in scope, so entertaining... very memorable. I read it as a trade, and I think it works best that way.

As for back issue bins, I don't scour them the way I used to, but I found a lot of gems, particularly Avengers stories. Picked up a lot of great West Coast Avengers stuff in the 3 for a dollar bin, and found the whole saga of Hank Pym at a Flea Market for dirt cheap.

Flea markets are good for comics too. Five bucks for the first appearence of the Punisher. Not in bad condition either.

Five dollars for a four hundred thirty dollar comic.

Not shabby at all in my book.

I buy a lot of Old Captain America comics.

I love 80s Captain America comics. They rule ass over a lot of the modern stuff. And I'm Canadian.

I used to buy tons of comics from the 25 and 50 cent bins but I don't so much anymore. I think my standards have risen.

I think the newsprint keeps me from reading my older comics over and over again for some reason.

Marcdachamp said:
Awesome find! Avengers Forever is just incredible. Seriously, it's like Infinite Crisis, but... well, much better. So grand in scope, so entertaining... very memorable. I read it as a trade, and I think it works best that way.
Yeah, I read it, and I loved it. And for 12 bucks too! (and I bought a New Teen Titans TPB (Terror of Trigon) for 3,50 with it to boot).

As for back issue bins, I don't scour them the way I used to, but I found a lot of gems, particularly Avengers stories. Picked up a lot of great West Coast Avengers stuff in the 3 for a dollar bin, and found the whole saga of Hank Pym at a Flea Market for dirt cheap.
Yeah, I love dem flea markets. Like I said, I got about 90% of my Busiek run from there, and little gems here and there, like the Suicide Squad too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"