Why I think Cyclops is still alive

I haven't read through the entire thread, so excuse me if this has been mentioned but i know Jean Grey was the only level 5 mutant in X Men thus her awesome phoenix powers but wasn't Scott also a level 5 too? In The Animated Series, Scott and Jean were the only to 'level 5' mutants known, that's why Mr.Sinister was always after them and wanted to breed them to make an army. If Scott is also close to Jean ,power-level wise,(in the movies universe) then it is safe to assume that he did not die, so to speak.......

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
I haven't read through the entire thread, so excuse me if this has been mentioned but i know Jean Grey was the only level 5 mutant in X Men thus her awesome phoenix powers but wasn't Scott also a level 5 too? In The Animated Series, Scott and Jean were the only to 'level 5' mutants known, that's why Mr.Sinister was always after them and wanted to breed them to make an army. If Scott is also close to Jean ,power-level wise,(in the movies universe) then it is safe to assume that he did not die, so to speak.......
HMMMM...never thought of that. I don't think he is dead. His skin started to bubble but not evaporate like everyone elses that the Phoenix killed. She did something to him but I do not think she killed him. His death would have looked the same as the others...and there is a very good reason why we didn't see him actually die on screen.

Heretic said:
After killing Scott, Jean had a massive battle with Gambit, after 15 minutes of nonstop action, Gambit fled and Jean collapsed.

Fox didnt think anyone would be interested in this so they burned the copies.

Lol, I don't know if Gambit would be able to flee if that happened.

The thing that no one seems to get is that even though he "may not be dead" he was still absent through pretty much the whole movie... Forget about x4, that is not even on Marvel's up coming slate. What we have is X3, and what we don't have is Cyclops. All your "what if's" and "Maybes" don't matter because this is not a comic book, it's a movie and a new installment will not hit the stands every month spanning 3 or 4 different titles. It's over. X3 is ruined and your day dreams of X4 can not change it, no matter how much you want to love this movie.

Dead means nothing in comics or movies. They brought Spock back after we all saw him die in that radiation chamber. Did we see Scott's body?? :)

Look.......maybe.....just maybe....the good part of Jean placed Scott out of harm's way just before the Phoenix could kill him.

celldog said:
Dead means nothing in comics or movies. They brought Spock back after we all saw him die in that radiation chamber. Did we see Scott's body?? :)

Look.......maybe.....just maybe....the good part of Jean placed Scott out of harm's way just before the Phoenix could kill him.

Yeah, but the "bad boy" never stole Spock's girl or his captainship of his team. IMO, it's better for Scott to stay dead than come back in X4 to a dead fiance (whom Logan saved, btw), find that Storm has taken over the school and the team, and that Xavier, basically his father, considered him inadequate before he "died."

D-scythe said:
Yeah, but the "bad boy" never stole Spock's girl or his captainship of his team. IMO, it's better for Scott to stay dead than come back in X4 to a dead fiance (whom Logan saved, btw), find that Storm has taken over the school and the team, and that Xavier, basically his father, considered him inadequate before he "died."

What a great storyline!! :up:

I think he is dead. Logan and Storn would have found him when they found Jean ... but they found nothing more than his glasses.

There was a possibility or his return.....but after hearing Fox didnt even want cyclops to be in the movie...well no chance will we be seeing him again.

He's dead.

YES!

and they are like ''LOL @ logan going to hell for killing hundreds of people''

Well scott is anyways.

No X-man is going to hell:)...they are the good guys remember!!!

Optic Rage said:
YES!

and they are like ''LOL @ logan going to hell for killing hundreds of people''

Well scott is anyways.

Heh, with the way things are going for Scott, hell won't even want him.

Scott will end up in limbo for eternity.

I personally think all of these spinoffs won't do nearly as well as X-Men. I think its just a way for the studio to cpitalize on the franchise without spending as much.

And X4 isn't out of the question, though I suspect at least six years before it even starts moving forward.

BTW: Zak Penn said that they did not intend for Scott's death to be open ended....I'm guessing the studio realized that they may want him back so decided to cut away and have him thought dead, but not actually seen dying...

THE GOOD NEWS: Penn said he doesn't think we'll see Wolverine in any more team movies! Scott can finally be the male lead with Halle as the female lead and Gambit taking over the rebellious outsider role left by Logan!

Yeah, on Xverse, Penn said he doesn't expect to see Logan in any more team movies.

He also said "the Last Stand" was a marketing thing tagged on after the fact, so writing it, they weren't planning on it being the end.

Also, Avi Arad mentioned that though there are no plans for X4, never say never. It's more about deciding on what story to tell and when to do it (talent availability).

So I think it is possible and like I said, Scott's death wasn't written as open-ended so props to the director/ editors/ and producers for giving us an "out" by cutting away and leaving it mysterious and ambiguous.

...Seriously...if so, this is the best damn news I've heard. thank you, Penn.

Or you could look at it the other way and say "If they stuck with what Penn wrote, Scott would be out of the franchise forever!"

No, let's stick with your more optimistic view.

Although, it's sounding like Fox said no Cyclops in this one, and the WRITERS came up with the idea of killing him. Personally, I would have rather had Scott gone in the beginning (on sabbatical since X2) and arriving ONLY during the final battle. That would give Storm the chance to lead, Logan the male lead, but bring Scott back for the future....

not ONCE did ANYONE say Cyclops was dead. Not ONCE. Wolverine just makes that assumption and since he's the main character, we trust him. Yes, Jean does tense up a little when he mentions it - maybe she's worried that she may actually have killed him. But we are never given proof that Cyclops is dead.

Bottom line is:

If theres a sequel, hes alive.
If this is it, he is presumably (sp?) dead.

Just a thought, if Scott didn't died, why Xavier didn't know it, he would have knew it, but I'd love to see Scott again, but really all the "characther from dead" in these films I don't like it so much. I think with Jean was enough.

Angamb said:
Just a thought, if Scott didn't died, why Xavier didn't know it, he would have knew it, but I'd love to see Scott again, but really all the "characther from dead" in these films I don't like it so much. I think with Jean was enough.

Yes, but he didn't said that Scott was dead to Logan and Ororo... he just said that they had to go to Alkali Lake...

And what if Jean's powers were interfering with Xavier's telepathy ??? This may be the explanation for he felling something wrong but not seeing...

Dany

I think some of you Cyke fans are just reaching now. Cyke is, for all intents and purposes, dead. His fiance's dead, his leadership is dead, Xavier's confidence in him is dead. Even if Cyclops survived, X3 pretty much killed off Scott Summers.

Besides, having him return in X4 is gonna seem like nothing but a cop-out to the majority of people who would watch the movie.

I think that Scott and Xavier and all the others are in another dimension...that Jean sended them to it...

He's probably dead, but it's fun to dream. Another thing that I was thinking, not sure if it's been mentioned, but Jean was completly out after taking out Scott. He has no psychic powers and she was completly knocked out. She took out Xavier, probably the hardest possible to defeat, and she was only winded after she did that. Maybe cyclops was able to get his powers back, perhaps blow her away, but of course has to keep his eyes closed, as he has no glasses or visor. Or maybe his blast protected him in some way, similar to how Jean's power protected her from the wave.

But yeah, he's dead :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"