Why I think Cyclops is still alive

Sun_Down said:
And Xavier knew too. People, the man is dead.

Just like he knew Jean was dead right? You'd think if Xavier knew Scott was dead he'd have told Logan and Storm. But did he? He only mentions this to Jean, I almost get the idea like he says this just to get a reaction out of her and try to knock some sense into her.

Wesyeed said:
Jean knew she killed her man. tis why she wanted to be killed.

he's dead.

Did you see her flashbacks? Cause I did, and they didn't show Scott actually being killed. She feared the worst because she knows she has no control.

...hmm

She said she killed him though. Flashbacks looked back before she killed him.

he's dead. The prof probably would have used cerebro to find him if he thought he was alive. Maybe he did and couldn't get a lock on a dead guy.

Wesyeed said:
...hmm

She said she killed him though. Flashbacks looked back before she killed him.

he's dead. The prof probably would have used cerebro to find him if he thought he was alive. Maybe he did and couldn't get a lock on a dead guy.

No she never said she killed him. Hence why Logan says "I THINK she killed Scott."

Of course he thinks she skilled scott. She tells him, "kill me before I kill someone else" when he asks her what happened to scott. It's reasonable to assume she was talking about that part we saw where scott's face was crumpling or something when she was kissing him.

Wesyeed said:
Of course he thinks she skilled scott. She tells him, "kill me before I kill someone else" when he asks her what happened to scott. It's reasonable to assume she was talking about that part we saw where scott's face was crumpling or something when she was kissing him.

Yes we assume. He assumes. But do we know beyond the shadow of a doubt? That's why Xavier was given a funeral and Scott wasn't even mentioned.

I think it's too early to speculate. It wouldn't surprise me if Fox doesn't pay any heed to the fan outcry over Cyclop's death...especially since it opens up more screen time for their precious cashcow, Wolverine.

if the man wasn't dead, he'd have gone back to the bloody mansion. Cyke would definitely want to find jean again since he's depressed because he lost jean and now she's back. so I'm just making a judgment based on plenty of evidence that I think's good enough to indicate he's no longer alive.

Wesyeed said:
if the man wasn't dead, he'd have gone back to the bloody mansion. Cyke would definitely want to find jean again since he's depressed because he lost jean and now she's back. so I'm just making a judgment based on plenty of evidence that I think's good enough to indicate he's no longer alive.

If Fox wants Cyke alive they can play with that. The rumored scene about Scott being "mental" actualy makes sense: Someone found Scott who won't open his eyes and got him hospitalised. The doctors think he's mad, he ask them to contact Charled Xavier, they try to and tell Scott he is dead...
The thing is Fox won't want Scott back. So the fans are pissed - so what?
Didn't hurt their bank account - so why would they give a damn?

They left it open so the Writers for X4 could bring him back as they see fit.

I garuantee that if Sinister is the next villian, Cyke will be back.

some mentioned it already, remember when Cyke opened his eyes, his face started moving (sorry don't know how to describe it) Now I believe that he's dead, but what we saw happen to him was completely different from how Prof X and the other people we saw killed. In my opinion it appeared he was started to glow red, and that had me thinking, what if Jean didn't remove his powers, but somehow turned in on him instead?

if sinister is the villian, he'll be interested in wolverines claws and healing powers, fox screwed cyclops up in the worst way.

i am hoping that the 2nd weekend of x-men does really poorly. this would show fox that thet did fck up. i expected a strong showing for the 1st weekend but everyone i talked to who saw the movie, all agreed that it either sucked or was not as good as they thought it would be.

supermarvelman said:
They left it open so the Writers for X4 could bring him back as they see fit.

I garuantee that if Sinister is the next villian, Cyke will be back.

Like he did for the Phonix saga (!)
If they didn't use him in that story-line I'd think twice before garuanting anything.

It's funny when people make all these possible stories up for Cyclops to have a bigger role in the next X-men movie. Don't you guys get it? If Cyke got shafted in a Phoenix story for Logan, he's going to be shafted in every possible story in X4 for Logan.

Honestly, what makes you guys cling to these false hopes of Cyke coming back from the dead and playing hero? I'll tell you right now, if Cyke does come back for X4, they'll just make him some pansy $hit again just to make Logan a) look good b) steal his girl and c) be the X-leader.

D-scythe said:
It's funny when people make all these possible stories up for Cyclops to have a bigger role in the next X-men movie. Don't you guys get it? If Cyke got shafted in a Phoenix story for Logan, he's going to be shafted in every possible story in X4 for Logan.

Honestly, what makes you guys cling to these false hopes of Cyke coming back from the dead and playing hero? I'll tell you right now, if Cyke does come back for X4, they'll just make him some pansy $hit again just to make Logan a) look good b) steal his girl and c) be the X-leader.

Wolverine is not going to be in X4. Hugh Jackman said he wouldn't be doing any more X-Men Movies, and it would be foolish on marvels part to cast a new wolverine while Jackman is still playing wolverine in the solo film series.
My best bet is Cyclops returns since we don't ever see him die, and he leads a team consisting of Iceman, Angel, Beast, Colossus, Kitty and Rouge and insert new character here... (Gambit?)

CapBeerCino said:
Like he did for the Phonix saga (!)
If they didn't use him in that story-line I'd think twice before garuanting anything.

Hahahaha, I love how people are calling this piece of $hit "The Phoenix Saga". LoL!

I think Hugh WOULD take a small role in X4 to focus on his own franchise. I think ultimately, he should be an ally and not an actual member of the team.

Gambit could easily fill his role as the rebel/ Bad boy. And he could clash with a returned Cyclops, when Storm "doesn't know what else to do with him" because he's a trouble maker. I don't have grand delusions of Marsden being the star of the movie, but I think he and Halle could have the biggest roles.

As for Jean, I think she should stay dead. The way it was explained it would be hard for her to be back and not be Dark Phoenix again. Plus, I'd like to see Scott independent of his "boyfriend" status of the last movies.

taintedFB said:
I think Hugh WOULD take a small role in X4 to focus on his own franchise. I think ultimately, he should be an ally and not an actual member of the team.

Gambit could easily fill his role as the rebel/ Bad boy. And he could clash with a returned Cyclops, when Storm "doesn't know what else to do with him" because he's a trouble maker. I don't have grand delusions of Marsden being the star of the movie, but I think he and Halle could have the biggest roles.

As for Jean, I think she should stay dead. The way it was explained it would be hard for her to be back and not be Dark Phoenix again. Plus, I'd like to see Scott independent of his "boyfriend" status of the last movies.

All you ****ing Cyclops fans ***** about him dying and then you say you want Jean to stay dead? Do you have no sympathy for those in a similar position?

You know what..... Im glad Phoenix murdered your precious Scott Summers and then tried to **** Logan immedietly following. I guess Scott just wasnt man enough to satisfy her needs.

Hey, no need for personal attacks.

If they can figure out a way to bring good Jean back, I'm all for it.

And its not so much that Scott died, but HOW he died and how he never got his moment to shine like the others.

PhoenixRising said:
All you ****ing Cyclops fans ***** about him dying and then you say you want Jean to stay dead? Do you have no sympathy for those in a similar position?

You know what..... Im glad Phoenix murdered your precious Scott Summers and then tried to **** Logan immedietly following. I guess Scott just wasnt man enough to satisfy her needs.

Wow, is it that time of the month or what? The guy expresses his opinion, and you totally go nutso.

My conclusion is this...

When scott opened his eyes, he knew something was wrong. He might have pushed her away from him when she lost control of keeping back his optic blasts. Jean, on the other hand tried to create a TK sheild but she got hit by the blast, knocking her out unconcious. Then we cut to Storm and Logan finding jean on the ground... but the question is... where is Scott? He either ran away lol... or Jean tried to push the blast back at him which might have happened in a way, and sent Scott flying back into the forest.

PhoenixRising said:

1. Jean has got a damn good deal in these films, hell the best character arc in the trilogy. Did Scott get the same treatment? No, he didnt.

2. Jean is clearly dead. Scott is more ambiguous. To flat out bring her back would make things look silly, but i wouldnt mind. people want these films more like the comics, and then they whine when resurrections happen.

3. Its not that we're not sympathetic...its just that jeans story is done

PhoenixRising said:

Now I might just enjoy watching Wolverine overpower and murder your precious Phoenix each time I see the movie. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"