Will anyone be seeing X3 at the Leicester Square Odeon?

grey_jeanie said:
Not at midnight, it will be all fans I'm sure. You don't go all the way into central London and pay for the expensive tickets unless you're a fan. On the other days there will be general public but it's still a place to go if you want the experience so there will be a higher concentration of fans than in most other cinemas.
dont tell me therell be ********s goin there in x costumes

kol_lover said:
but how many of the audience will be fans of the x-universe, marvel, cos i havent been to a first day film in england
On the 1st day only and using pure guesswork based on my experiences of previous LS first showings, the audience will be made up of 40% hardcore fans, 40% general X-Men film lovers and 20% general film fans (who aren't fans outside of the X-films and are just going for a good day out or with someone else who loves the films). I would expect 99% of the audience to have seen and really liked the 1st 2 films.

After Day 1 things will change totally and the atmosphere won't be comparable. Also, I wouldn't attend an afternoon showing if there is one.

how bout the audience during the showin? they applauding and screaming?

grey_jeanie said:
I'm like 16 so you might look a bit sad with me tagging along. Some of the SHH brits should like arrange to go.

It's not about age. It's about how many people you're prepared to kill to get a good seat on the day! :D

That's right. We need to recruit some of these Brits :up:

kol_lover said:

Take earplugs :up:

when can you get your tickets for the midnight showin?

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Take earplugs :up:
haha, i hate audiences who applaud every little thing..pisses me off

Iceman/Psylocke said:
On the 1st day only and using pure guesswork based on my experiences of previous LS first showings, the audience will be made up of 40% hardcore fans, 40% general X-Men film lovers and 20% general film fans (who aren't fans outside of the X-films and are just going for a good day out or with someone else who loves the films). I would expect 99% of the audience to have seen and really liked the 1st 2 films.

After Day 1 things will change totally and the atmosphere won't be comparable. Also, I wouldn't attend an afternoon showing if there is one.

Midnight won't have any non-x-fans I don't think.

I will be. I don't care about anyone else :)

I've got the week off work, I'd love to go see it at LS Odeon

When is the first public showing?

I'll prob just end up seeing it at my local on the friday evening tho...

Midnight I assume :up:

grey_jeanie said:
I will be. I don't care about anyone else :)
id probly end up hitting ya ;)

kol_lover said:
dont tell me therell be ********s goin there in x costumes

For anything Star Wars / Lord of the Rings Yes

I can't remember many costumes for the X-Men films though last time.

However, people do get dressed up for the red carpet premiere where all the stars show up about a week before.

kol_lover said:
when can you get your tickets for the midnight showin?

Book thorugh Odeon website or go to the cinema and book them (I'll probably be doing this). Are you based in LA? (looking under your av).

Iceman/Psylocke said:
It's not about age. It's about how many people you're prepared to kill to get a good seat on the day! :D

That's right. We need to recruit some of these Brits :up:

That's why I started the thread up again. I really want to go to the midnight one but I can only find one friend willing to go with me and that's only because I went to Harry Potter with her on the first evening.

id probly end up hitting ya ;)

I'll take body armor then :up:

People shout out and scream and clap and stuff?

Man that'd be anoying!

I usually see films on orange weds a couple weeks after they are out, and the cinema is pretty empty.

For X3 i'll see it opening night, but I hope people wont be shouting out. I'll book my tickets in advance. And I might cry.

London would be too awkward for me I think, it scares me enough in the day! Plus I wouldnt be able to get home aterwards

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Book thorugh Odeon website or go to the cinema and book them (I'll probably be doing this). Are you based in LA? (looking under your av).
yeh i am, jus curious how it goes down over there

kol_lover said:
haha, i hate audiences who applaud every little thing..pisses me off

No but it's great having an audience who appluads, laughs or is horrified at the right times in the film. Even if the film is a turkey, you want the audience to be dissapointed for the right reasons.

grey_jeanie said:
I'll take body armor then :up:
i wont be there, but take in case some idiots wolverine claws catch ya

Iceman/Psylocke said:
No but it's great having an audience who appluads, laughs or is horrified at the right times in the film. Even if the film is a turkey, you want the audience to be dissapointed for the right reasons.
i prefer an audience thats small and quiet...so i can contentrate better, last film i went to in england, kids(chavs?) were laughing and makin it hard to stick to the movie

Iceman/Psylocke said:
For anything Star Wars / Lord of the Rings Yes

I can't remember many costumes for the X-Men films though last time.

However, people do get dressed up for the red carpet premiere where all the stars show up about a week before.

Is that people with tickets or the people who crowd behind the barriers? I always thought have sad that looked but now having experienced the x-obssesion I'm sort of tempted to try and get a glimpse of the actors.

grey_jeanie said:
Midnight won't have any non-x-fans I don't think.

There's a hardcore of people who go to the midnight showings of all the big sci-fi / fnatasy films (me being one of them). They might be bigger fans of Batman or The Matrix but they'll still turn up to the X-films midnight showings. Once you taste the atmosphere you want to go and see how fans of other films react.

Also you have the hanger ons eg partners and friends who are being dragged along who aren't offical fans themselves.

kol_lover said:
i prefer an audience thats small and quiet...so i can contentrate better, last film i went to in england, kids(chavs?) were laughing and makin it hard to stick to the movie

Oooo get you with your fancy British lingo

grey_jeanie said:
That's why I started the thread up again. I really want to go to the midnight one but I can only find one friend willing to go with me and that's only because I went to Harry Potter with her on the first evening.

You need to do a few more sly deals like the Harry Potter one and get your friends to owe you a few favours. The London experience is great but you need someone to go with. Otherwise you're out on your own at 2am and it's not easy getting anywhere fast.

say youll buy them their popcorn n drinks n candy

grey_jeanie said:
Oooo get you with your fancy British lingo

LOL!

but not all annoying kids are chavs...just 90% of them

(Although kids are annoying in general, going from experience with my 14 yr old brother and his friends)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"