Gotham Will Bruce ever become BATMAN in the series?

BatFleck2016

Civilian
Reaction score
Everytime I ask this question I hear different things. Some people say no he won't be introduced until the final episode. Others say that he'll be introduced in Season 5.

What I'm asking is for concrete proof on when Bruce will become Batman in the story.

David Mazouz joke that he hope the show last until he is 25 so he can be batman.....

Everytime I ask this question I hear different things. Some people say no he won't be introduced until the final episode. Others say that he'll be introduced in Season 5.

What I'm asking is for concrete proof on when Bruce will become Batman in the story.

Fox chief Kevin Reilly said the pitch version of the show was that the final scene of the series would be Bruce Wayne putting on the cowl. Is that right?
Yes, whether metaphorically or literally — something like that. But that’s six or seven years down the line. Hopefully.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/gotham-interview/

Happy?

Well it took Clark Kent 10 years before he became Superman in "Smallville", perhaps in "Gotham" it will take only 5 for Bruce Wayne to become Batman.

I really don't think Batman has anything to do with Gotham its the background of everything that was evil leading up to Batman and the Boy wonder just Look at Cat she will be Cat Woman you saw Ivy the Penguin and I bet know one caught who the joker will be ??? I love the Idea of the show and with the cast you cant go wrong look for it to have a good run

The show is set in modern day and BW is 11-12 or so. So odds are, no. Sadly, I don't see the show lasting that long because of it. Smallville was based around Clark as a teen/college aged kid and the audience that carried it was mostly that age and related. It also had super villians and super powers shown. This is just cop, mobsters and corruption. Even Gordon is hard to relate to and he's the main hero.

I don't think we will, regardless of what the PTB might have us believe. But hey, anything's possible.

Bruce becoming Batman at age 20 or so would be fine for this series I guess. I'm completely against a 16 or 17 year old Bruce becoming Batman in 5 years. No Spider-Man/Terry McGinnis Batman teenage hero stuff attached to Bruce Wayne please.

Why is it important for Batman to appear in this show? IMO, he doesn't even need to. We have multiple versions of Batman that we can see and hell we can even play as him that sometimes I feel like even for a Batman fan like me, it's too much.

Why is it important for Batman to appear in this show? IMO, he doesn't even need to. We have multiple versions of Batman that we can see and hell we can even play as him that sometimes I feel like even for a Batman fan like me, it's too much.

I agree. Gotham is not designed to be a Batman origin show like Smallville was for Superman. It's an exploration of the city through the eyes of Jim Gordon.

It's mainly due to the fact that this is Gotham, and regardless of who and what it's about, it's still a Batman show.

What I would like to see, which would stop making me comparing Gotham to Smallville too, is that instead of having the next season pick up where the previous season left off, instead set the next season a certain time, in years, after the last one. For example, Bruce is 12 in season 1, but then in season 2, he's 17.

Also, wouldn't it be cool if the seasons are bookended with another aspect of Batman's origin? Like he have the death of the Waynes opening season 1; what-if what closes season 1 is Bruce training his speed, falling into a hole, and attacked by bats. Then, maybe for a split second, he sees one bat fly off and it kinda looks like the bat logo for a brief second. It's nothing now, but it will stay with him.

P.S. with BvS in 2016, and by then Gotham will be ending season 2 and going on season 3, I doubt that we won't get anything Batman-related in the highest degree on the show when that movie hits.

I agree. Gotham is not designed to be a Batman origin show like Smallville was for Superman. It's an exploration of the city through the eyes of Jim Gordon.

Exactly. I thought people already knew this. We shouldn't really need this thread should we?

Of course a messageboard "needs" a thread like this. The show is about Jim Gordon, but it also has now featured Bruce Wayne in both of the episodes that has aired. And it seems it will continue so, Smallville was supposed to be "No tights no flights" with the last episode featuring Clark in the suit , yet people were talking about him becoming Superman on the interwebs almost instantly as the show had opened.

It wouldn't surprise me if somebody would make a thread about who they would want to play Batman in that last episode of Gotham in the last scene, and people mentioning their favorites, even if the shorunners want this thing to run for several years.

Don't you wish you had a time machine, went to the future then came back, just so you can report on where TV shows and movies were going?

This is one of those shows.

I really don't think Batman has anything to do with Gotham its the background of everything that was evil leading up to Batman and the Boy wonder just Look at Cat she will be Cat Woman you saw Ivy the Penguin and I bet know one caught who the joker will be ??? I love the Idea of the show and with the cast you cant go wrong look for it to have a good run

Who was the potential Joker? I missed it as well.

to show how bad it is and how it happened.

Well let me say that Smallville is iffy. While yes he doesn't officially become Superman until the finale. He is Superman by season 8. The rest of the show is really about him refining the role from the Blur into Superman.

The show not being about Batman's origin?

That is in the intent of the show but I don't know how good that's going to be in the long run.

I think they should do time jumps. Yes we will probably have to say goodbye to some of the child actors(who knows what some of them will look like in even two years) but it's for the greater good. I'd like to see a jump to when Bruce in in his late teens if not young adult. Then we do a Batman season. Then the show carries on from after he's Batman.

At that point it's really a GCPD tv series where Batman drops in from time to time. By then though all the other characters are running the show and Batman is basically the whipped cream.

Let's get past season one first.

Well let me say that Smallville is iffy. While yes he doesn't officially become Superman until the finale. He is Superman by season 8. The rest of the show is really about him refining the role from the Blur into Superman.

The show not being about Batman's origin?

That is in the intent of the show but I don't know how good that's going to be in the long run.

I think they should do time jumps. Yes we will probably have to say goodbye to some of the child actors(who knows what some of them will look like in even two years) but it's for the greater good. I'd like to see a jump to when Bruce in in his late teens if not young adult. Then we do a Batman season. Then the show carries on from after he's Batman.

At that point it's really a GCPD tv series where Batman drops in from time to time. By then though all the other characters are running the show and Batman is basically the whipped cream.

Let's get past season one first.

I am pretty sure that this is a pre-Batman Jim Gordon show. I doubt we'll even see Bruce hit his 20s. Save Batman for the movies. Even if Batman was going to be in the show, who would play him? Will they have the budget to have a Batman on par with Affleck's Batman? If Batman did make at least one appearance, people would complain that there wouldn't be enough Batman in the series, even if he does appear from time to time. What would be his purpose if he Gordon calls on him for help, Batman listens to him and then just solves the problem himself (off-screen)?

What we lose with a time jump: talented young actors that we will be attached to by the end of season 1.

What we gain: being closer to making the show about Batman instead of Jim Gordon, the main character.

I know some people really want this show to be a Batman series, but... it's just not. Yes, if they wanted, season 2 (or 3) could be about Batman teaming up with Jim Gordon and they could share the show, but is it possible, just possible, that not only is that not the intent of the show, but that the show is better because it's not that. Because this isn't a superhero show, the bad guys don't have to lose hardly ever, and that alone makes this show much more interesting than a low-rent Batman (compared to the version coming out in a couple years).

Having a GCPD Show where Batman drops in is like having a Robin show with Batman as a supporting character. It could be okay, but everyone is always going to want more Batman because he's the more popular character. I mean think about it, Batman is just a kid and people are already calling for time jumps to put more focus on Batman. Imagine of Batman were just around... who would want to see Jim Gordon's inferior detective work, combat abilities and social presence? The thread wouldn't be 'will we ever see Batman' it would be 'when will the series finally focus on Batman?'

Let's just enjoy the show that they've developed and pitched and has gotten critical and commercial acclaim, one where the last shot is David Mazouz putting on the cowl. Not as a means to an end, but as an end in itself, the end of the era of a hopelessly corrupt Gotham and the beginning of the era of Batman.

I doubt he will ever become Batman in the show. Unless they change up when he chooses the image of a bat as his mark to put fear into people; that doesn't occur until after he has returned from overseas, and is rather unsuccessful, initially, at getting the respect/fear of criminals.

I can see them utilizing time jumps and introducing Batman as a character if the ratings sag significantly. That isn't to say that it would be a good idea, but I can see the network insisting on it.

It's safe to assume that we will see Batman in the final season. Also I think in this universe Bruce will become batman at the age of 20 at least. I just hope Batman's appearance isn't cheesey like Clark's transition to Superman in Smallville.

I can see them utilizing time jumps and introducing Batman as a character if the ratings sag significantly. That isn't to say that it would be a good idea, but I can see the network insisting on it.

I was thinking that they will do some time jump at some point during the shows run to get closer to Batman's first appearance.

In earlier interviews, the showrunners basically said that yes, the show will end with Bruce becoming Batman.

The show is called GOTHAM, not GORDON.

People keep forgetting that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"