Gotham Will Bruce ever become BATMAN in the series?

I like the way they are using Bruce on the show. I could really see this kid becoming Batman.

Honestly, if the producers never had any plans on making Bruce Batman by (or at) the end of the show, then they should have never introduced him.

I've had a change of heart on the matter. I originally felt that Bruce should be a character we see every once and while, but given the way the show has been meandering , I think the show should basically become a young Bruce Wayne and Alfred centered series with the other characters like Gordon, Bullock, Leslie as supporting characters.

I've had a change of heart on the matter. I originally felt that Bruce should be a character we see every once and while, but given the way the show has been meandering , I think the show should basically become a young Bruce Wayne and Alfred centered series with the other characters like Gordon, Bullock, Leslie as supporting characters.

This.

I think initially, the creators thought they were doing sometime innovative by making Gordon the lead, and having Bruce be a secondary character. They were probably trying to avoid a Smallville-type show. In my estimation they grossly under-estimated the power of the Bat! Even as pre-Batman, young Bruce Wayne is still a much more intriguing character than anyone on this show...and that is in part due to his god-like popularity, and part due to the young actor that plays him.

I personally don't want to see him don the cowl in the show. I'd prefer if he just wrangled with the exes at Wayne Enterprises, sharpening his detective and genius skills, discovered the batcave, formed a relationship with Leslie and possibly starts to learn how to fight. The series could then end with him leaving Gotham to begin his fight training to become Batman.

My hope is that seasons 2 and 3 will have Bruce in training while studying abroad while introducing Firefly, Ras Al Ghul, Tony Zucco, Lady Shiva, Bane, Mister Freeze, Killer Croc and Harley Quinn.

Then come Season 4 when Gotham is overrun by thieves, mobsters and maniacs, Bruce will return as a young man who studied abroad and graduated college at the age of 18 who begins a crusade to save Gotham.... as Batman.

I actually want the last couple of seasons to focus on Batman, or at least the last. Granted, the show seems like it should end by the time he emerges, but I want it simply because I think Batman would work best as a television series. Look at TAS. if Gotham transitioned into a show that starred Batman, it could be like a live-action TAS.

Sadly though, WB would veto it, feeling that that would dilute the power of the Bat films, but frankly I've had enough Bat movies for a while. A TV show would be aces.

I think yes, by season 4 or 5 you absolutely recast Bruce Wayne as a bit older and continue the story of Gotham. im sorry; I love the characters of Gordon and Bullock, but Gotham isnt them. Gotham is Batman. :batman:

Honestly, if the producers never had any plans on making Bruce Batman by (or at) the end of the show, then they should have never introduced him.

It is possible young Bruce could fight crime before invented the bat suit. The way the show is shaping up, he'll need to fight soon at age 13!

I actually want the last couple of seasons to focus on Batman, or at least the last. Granted, the show seems like it should end by the time he emerges, but I want it simply because I think Batman would work best as a television series. Look at TAS. if Gotham transitioned into a show that starred Batman, it could be like a live-action TAS.

Sadly though, WB would veto it, feeling that that would dilute the power of the Bat films, but frankly I've had enough Bat movies for a while. A TV show would be aces.

Honestly, I don't really want this. I want Bruce to become Batman at a certain point in the show, but I don't want him to be the main focus at that point. Personally, I'd like to see Gordon and the others deal with the appearance of Batman and see what kind of impact it has on them. Eventually this would lead to Gordon trusting Batman and them joining forces in the crusade to clean up Gotham of course.

I think most traditional fans of Batman are very familiar with the origin story of Batman himself, as are I would imagine most new fans (via the internet). I think the rise of Jim Gordon and the various villains is much more interesting. Seeing Batman would be O.K., but maybe as the last few episodes of the last year.

Just thought it may come to fruition like in the finale of Smallville. The writers can't say Batman, can they? I don't think it will happen until he grows into a young adult and possibly it's the last thing we see.

Just thought it may come to fruition like in the finale of Smallville. The writers can't say Batman, can they? I don't think it will happen until he grows into a young adult and possibly it's the last thing we see.

Ooh, now I'm imagining a shot of Gordon turning on the Bat-signal and Batman stepping out of the shadows behind him. Roll credits.

Hard to say. I don't think anything has been said about that yet. Too early for that concern, I would think.

if it is to end with bruce donning the cowl then they just need to make this scene and fade to black

[YT]N6K1qNsE9v0[/YT]

As long as the last season deals with protosuit Batman a lot and we are given a good look at the suit unlike what we got with smallville I will be happy. That clip would serve as a great base though cut the ring business and just show him in the cave suiting up scene (although Alfred's reaction would have to be changed) then when he walks into darkness as the camera moves upward as if were moving through the ground and it emerges onto a street with a sidewalk view with a couple walking on the sidewalk with their son and a mugger pops out of an alley, as he raises his gun he suddenly drops it and clutches his arm screaming in pain as it is revealed a batarang is sticking out of his hand/arm and we pan up a building to see Batman in full costumed glory standing on a ledge done the same as 49 onwards.[YT]watch?v=-XJ3HJXxDwc[/YT]

Last edited:
It is possible young Bruce could fight crime before invented the bat suit. The way the show is shaping up, he'll need to fight soon at age 13!

They could age Bruce up a couple years & have him start out as Nightwing before becoming Batman.

Everytime I read someone suggesting the show should recast Bruce Wayne my blood starts to boil. Seriously, that would be a tragedy.

Even recasting him for the series finale would be a tragedy.

David Mazouz is the best actor to ever play Bruce Wayne. No, I'm not joking. He should be the one to send the character off. After the years of playing him are over, he will be the foremost authority on playing that role in the world.

I didn't mean recasting, I was referring to the title of the thread. I stopped watching the show awhile back. I could pretty much take or leave Mazouz.

In case you stopped watching the show it's worth tuning into it just for him. The kid is progressing at an amazing pace.

I think a good ending to the show would be him leaving Gotham to train his mind and body to become the Batman. one of the final scenes could be a really emotional one with him and Alfred. Then cut to 8-10 years later and see and older Gordan with the mustache smoking a cigarette flip on the bat signal and Alfred looking at it saying "Master Bruce, its time"

or something like that

I really do want to see the Bruce and Selina actors become Batman and Catwoman on the show. And, I'd like for them to keep the same actors instead of a time skip.

so, I hope the show can continue for at least a few more seasons to give the kids time to grow up into the roles.

ideally, I'd like to see the show continue on with them as Batman and Catwoman, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

however, if Smallville can last for 10-11 seasons, maybe Gotham can too, with the latter seasons focusing on older Bruce and Selina as their respective roles.

I would love to see a spin off or a mid season series where Bruce goes away to train, while solving cases in a foreign land.

And they could make a sub plot for the second half of the last season about Bruce fighting as a raw and inexperienced Batman and progress from there, we only really saw 5 min of it in BB. The last 2 episode can be like a 2-parter and Fully formed Batamn and Gordon work together to beat crime in Gotham, and like others said have a bat signal at the end and roll credit. Awesome batman should exist for 1-2 episodes to finish the series on a high instead of having meh episodes to follow up, or even follow up episodes are good they would still be perceived as meh post awesome batman episodes.

And Gotham makes good costumes and the composer is really good so his bat theme would be great. I wouldn't mind having him to compose batman films.

I think the final scene with Bruce should be the bat crashing through the window and coming upon the realization of what he needs to do.

While everything else would be great, at the very least I would love for his final scene with Bruce since the audience knows already what happens next:

batmanyearone_06.jpg

They could even potentially have that scene, although different from canon, come before he starts traveling the world and be the moment that sets him off on his quest fully to become Batman if age, by then, doesn't mach up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"