Gotham Will Bruce ever become BATMAN in the series?

In earlier interviews, the showrunners basically said that yes, the show will end with Bruce becoming Batman.

The show is called GOTHAM, not GORDON.

People keep forgetting that.

The showrunners also said this is NOT a show about Batman. People keep forgetting that.

Last edited:
In earlier interviews, the showrunners basically said that yes, the show will end with Bruce becoming Batman.

The show is called GOTHAM, not GORDON.

People keep forgetting that.

But also, you know, not called Batman.

I admit I am one of the 12 people on the planet who doesn't care about Batman, yet somehow he managed to acquire some of my favorite DC characters as cast members. Damn you, Bruce Wayne! But you know, I was never turned off by the idea o Agents Of SHIELD either. In fact, in general the whole idea of showing the nonsuper powered ranks of superhero's world is appealing to me, and I don't understand why people's immediate reaction to these kind of shows is "but where is my superhero!" Calm yourself, not everything has to feature a caped crusader to be awesome. Sometimes getting a peak "behind the scenes" as it were gives you a different, interesting take on these heroes and the world around them. It can allow writers to get creative and add depth to the whole universe, why is that a bad thing? Writing around the main character is one of those writing exercises I've always enjoyed, and I love that we've got shows exploring those possibilities.

This show should definitely end with Bruce putting on the cowl. Yes, the show is not about Batman's origins, but it's about Gotham's origins, and the introduction of Batman is when Gotham becomes the city we all know. It's the line at which you can have a story that's about Gotham and not specifically about Batman, because once Batman's there, that's all you want to focus on.

The only factor that will decide if it happens is if the show runs long enough. If Bruce is 12 now, we're gonna need at least 10 seasons. Perhaps they could do less if they use a time gap here and there, but I'd really want them to keep the same actors.

The bigger question I have is, will the villains ever becomes their full selves? How long can Ed Nygma be the creepy guy at the office before he becomes the Riddler, and is that something we want to happen before Batman is around? (Not really, no.) Penguin is the only character I like the idea of being active before Batman.

Its going to be a long time before we ever see a TV Batman again.

I doubt that WB will even let them show Batman for more than the final episode. He may have a few episodes/series fighting crime and building his equipment and bat cave. But I think they will keep Batman for the films.

As others have said we've all seen numerous films/shows of Batman this is about how he and the others become what they are in those stories.

People waiting for Batman to show up are going to be in for a long wait I fear.

I wonder if they would show BW acting as a vigilante evolving into Batman - IE, gradually adding more equipment and creating his costume.

Here is my personal opinion on the subject. Gotham in my opinion is told through the eye's of Jim Gordon. It's not about Bruce Wayne or any one character. The show is about Gordon and his rise from detective to Police Commissioner. Through his eyes we got to see where all the characters go and what leads them to being where they are when Batman first makes an appearance.

We will see a Bruce grow up through the eyes of Gordon. While we as fans will see hints of what he is becoming we won't get any more then that. We will hear about a masked vigilant taking down criminals but never see Batman. I think the last season will have Gordon trying to find out who is the vigilant is. By the end of it we will see Batman and Gordon form an alliance. However we will never truly see Bruce Wayne become Batman. The story is about Jim Gordon not Batman. The only reason we will see Batman in final episode is because they will established the reason why he choose to form an alliance with Batman.

Beyond that where going to get very little in the way of Batman. I think what they are doing is bloody brilliant.

Last edited:
If Bruce does become Batman in the series, they may cast a different actor playing him. Right now he's 12, so we'd have to wait 12 more years for him to become Batman unless they cast an older Bruce Wayne.

I think they should do time jumps. Yes we will probably have to say goodbye to some of the child actors(who knows what some of them will look like in even two years) but it's for the greater good. I'd like to see a jump to when Bruce in in his late teens if not young adult.

I'm wondering if they do something like this. Traditionally Bruce officially becomes Batman sometime during his mid-twenties...David Mazouz is 13...so they'd have to rely on an at least a 10 season run if they wanted to have him become Batman. Otherwise for the first couple of seasons have Mazouz showcasing his origins as a detective (as we especially saw in 'Viper'), then season three or four jump forward to him in his late teens with an older actor, by then he's training his body and developing his fighting skills. Then last couple of seasons have him put all his skills together and become Bats.

For me I'm not really too fussed if we see him put on the cowl in the series. I'm loving the journey and seeing the development of the character because we know who he's going to become. I love the way they're portraying Bruce as primarily an upper class sophisticated and articulate intellect with the undercurrent of darkness aka Keaton and Conroy. Not a raging brute with anger issues aka Nolan-verse (as much as I love those movies). A great example of the former is in Viper when he tells Alfred he 'doesn't want revenge', he 'wants to understand them' (villains). The anger is more simmering underneath with Mazouz.

But yes let's see how the first season pans out!

Oh! BTW hi all this is my first post :yay:

what I think would be cool if, they present this show that between seasons multiple years has passed.

Using different actors to play Bruce.

Closer to the final season, you have Batman on the street. While we get to see Bruce Wayne the viewer never actually sees Batman but presents Batman as a legend or mystery that a conflicted Gordon is chasing down who always is in the shadows our out of reach.

While it may not have been the most perfect of setups, I think the BIGGEST reason on why I would want to see Batman show up a little earlier than the series finale is so that we can see the reactions that will come about from any of the surviving players in this series to Batman's presence, let alone seeing the evolution of how Gordon came to eventually form an alliance with Batman.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Bruce becoming Batman in the series until maybe the very last season, where Jim Gordon is up to his neck in crazies and the GCPD can no longer handle the corruption/death toll.

I think that at the beginning of that season Jim Gordon has moved himself up to Lieutenant or Captain at that point rather than just a detective. I like the chain of command and how he moves up in rank, similar to how The Dark Knight movie had him move from Sergeant, to Lieutenant to Commissioner.

Also I am not sure how I feel that "Commissioner Loeb" hasn't shown up at all yet in the corruption of the GCPD... What happened to him?

Also why is the "Falcone" name pronounced "Fal-Cone" in the show, and not Fal-Cone-E as it was in the movies and Arkham games? Seems to give more of a Italian Mobster sound to it imo.

I also would like to see Bruce Wayne being less "Detective" at a young age and more of a Rascal and getting into trouble of his own and becoming a hot head to a degree. This would also bring on a negative relationship with Gordon as it should be. I always felt like Batman and Gordon should in the end work together, but to some degree despise each other as they do in comic book stories, whether it be because Gordon has done some unfavorable things as he works up the GCPD chain of command or because he's acting like he dislikes Batman to appease Loeb and Bullock or whoever.

Also Gordon is a bit to incorruptible in this show. I like the take Snyder and Capullo are taking in the new 52 series where Gordon made some bad choices in his early years with the GCPD and accepted his legendary "trench coat" as well as possibly money to keep certain businesses safe from the mob and vandals. Gordon in the show just seems to have shown up to Gotham and is just a big boy scout like Superman, it's lame to a degree.

As for my final question about the show is...When is Penguin going to grow some balls and start axing people. When is he going to stop the cowardly approach he has with the whinny voice, and gain that raspy deep accent I love so much from the Arkham games. I get it he is not supposed to be a great athlete or able to fight hand to hand combat well, but he doesn't seem very grimy and cut-throat in the show. He has murdered a couple people so far in the show, but after last nights episode he stabs the dude and then kisses his head... WHAT!!?!!?! Why didn't he cut the dudes tongue out or slit his throat or something creating a sense of blood thirst and hatred toward the low-life mobsters that he should have, because that's how he should feel about the Falcon-E's and Maloneys.

/Rant Over...

Out of all the portrayals/characterizations that we've seen of Batman in comics/television/film, which version do you guys see this Bruce becoming more like when he grows up based on what we've seen so far, let alone on how his version of Alfred is like as well?

Out of all the portrayals/characterizations that we've seen of Batman in comics/television/film, which version do you guys see this Bruce becoming more like when he grows up based on what we've seen so far, let alone on how his version of Alfred is like as well?

i am getting an Earth One/Frank Miller vibe so far

I would so hate the idea of using a different actor to play Batman. If the same one can't do it, then just don't, period.

JUST support the show and hope it last 10 years! David Mazouz will become Batman on this show, or NO ONE else will!

He don't have to wait until 25, 22 is good enough.

Last edited:
The actor is 13. Five seasons later, he'll be eighteen. Do a time skip of about four to six years for him to do his training. Then he'll be nineteen, and a bit of hollywood magic could easily make him look like he's in his mid-twenties. No need to change actors on us.

Season five?! I can't wait that long! Lol.. At least they can have Bruce start saving people and start kicking ass. I am tired of all the *Bruce sitting on sofa* scenes.

Season five?! I can't wait that long! Lol.. At least they can have Bruce start saving people and start kicking ass. I am tired of all the *Bruce sitting on sofa* scenes.

Well last week was a good departure from that :-)

Alfred starts teaching Bruce how to fight this week!!

I'm not sure I like the idea of Bruce becoming Batman in the series until maybe the very last season, where Jim Gordon is up to his neck in crazies and the GCPD can no longer handle the corruption/death toll.

The reason I would like to see Batman show up in this series is because I don't ever want to see the situation you describe above. I don't think Gotham should get to the point where a ton of the classic Batman rouges are running around fully formed, because so many of their identities are tied to Batman. People like Penguin and more mob-based characters I don't mind. But I don't want to see a fully scarred Harvey, or Riddler go full Riddler, and CERTAINLY not a fully formed Joker before Batman shows up.

You fans have No patience GOD 5 years is going quick if you are a busy person, have no time for that?

REALLY????

Have you seen the post count of some of the people on here? Just from the count alone it would seem they have nothing but free time. Which equates to having ad nauseum conversations about TV shows, movies, comics, and whatever else is on this site.

The point is, I LOVE this show. It is an AWESOME show! 5 years, 10 years, 15 years I CAN WAIT however long this QUALITY show exist to fulfill the 'Becoming of Batman'!

If you don't like this show as much, I am sorry, but don't complain to me that it isn't good and get this show cancelled!

They could have someone that Bruce looks up to and inspires him to be Batman. Like a proto-Batman. Can anyone think of any character from the comic who would fit that bill?

They could have someone that Bruce looks up to and inspires him to be Batman. Like a proto-Batman. Can anyone think of any character from the comic who would fit that bill?

A scene where Bruce finds a Batman costume his father Thomas wore at a costume party based on the comics story from the 50's.

Or they can bring in original Green Lantern Alan Scott, who has defended Gotham City. What if he represented Gotham's glorious days before its crime and decay?

if it is to end with bruce donning the cowl then they just need to make this scene and fade to black

[YT]N6K1qNsE9v0[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"