Gotham Will Bruce ever become BATMAN in the series?

They could have someone that Bruce looks up to and inspires him to be Batman. Like a proto-Batman. Can anyone think of any character from the comic who would fit that bill?

Zorro

Can FOX use Zorro though?

They is a disputed whether Zorro is public domain

Yeah last I read the company that holds the copyright to Zorro was being challenged by a lawsuit that Zorro is actually public domain. Not sure what became of it though. I assume that had something to do with FOX's choice not to show a movie marquee that read 'The Mark of Zorro'.

They should introduce Beware the Gray Ghost as a TV series on Gotham. That's one of the fictional heroes Bruce watched as a kid in BTAS. Maybe Bruce meets the guy who plays the role or something.

That was a pretty good episode plus it guest starred Adam West.

One of my favorite episodes, a dynamic similar to that episode could be cool to see on Gotham. Giving Bruce a hero now would add some optimism and lightness to the show. They don't have to do it too often but incorporating it every now and then could be nice.

Kevin Conroy as Trent perhaps? Haha, na.

i'm so glad we got Brave and the Bold, that was such an amazing show. It's also a shame Beware the Batman didn't last, i was a fan. it would've been interesting to see how s2 would've ended up

i'm so glad we got Brave and the Bold, that was such an amazing show. It's also a shame Beware the Batman didn't last, i was a fan. it would've been interesting to see how s2 would've ended up

It'd been cool if Beware the Batman and Green Lantern continued and were in the same universe, and were joined by a Superman or Wonder Woman or Flash cartoon.

It'd been cool if Beware the Batman and Green Lantern continued and were in the same universe, and were joined by a Superman or Wonder Woman or Flash cartoon.
totally agreed and they could definitely have existed in the same universe.

i'm ready for another Superman or JL cartoon. a Flash or WW animated series would be equally awesome too

I read something recently ...... can't remember where exactly, dammit ...... that when Bob Kane was in the process of creating Batman, one of his inspirations was Zorro. The black cape, the mask, the black outfit, the horse. OK, the horse got changed to the Batmobile. But the character was the same in what he did, helping the downtrodden, stuff like that.

So anyway, if Bob Kane can use Zorro for inspiration, it would be pretty funny if young Bruce Wayne used him, too.

I read something recently ...... can't remember where exactly, dammit ...... that when Bill Finger was in the process of creating Batman, one of his inspirations was Zorro. The black cape, the mask, the black outfit, the horse. OK, the horse got changed to the Batmobile. But the character was the same in what he did, helping the downtrodden, stuff like that.

So anyway, if Bill Finger can use Zorro for inspiration, it would be pretty funny if young Bruce Wayne used him, too.

There, fixed for you.

There, fixed for you.

Er...doing creative editing on other people's posts is taking a lot of liberty. Deliberately misquoting someone is not OK. Unless you're a member of the media, of course. But that's a topic for another thread.

I know that Bill Finger was co-creator on the scene, but Bob Kane was the main man, and he was the one who brought in the Zorro influence. This is from Wikipedia:

In early 1939, DC's success with the seminal superhero Superman in Action Comics prompted editors to scramble for more such heroes. In response, Bob Kane conceived "the Bat-Man."[7] Kane said his influences for the character included actor Douglas Fairbanks' movie portrayal of the swashbuckler Zorro, Leonardo da Vinci's diagram of the ornithopter, a flying machine with huge bat-like wings; and the 1930 film The Bat Whispers, based on Mary Rinehart's mystery novel The Circular Staircase.[8]

The Wikipedia article talks about Finger too, but says nothing about him also being influenced by Zorro. And even if he was, you still can't wipe out Bob Kane's name.

So before you start "fixing" things, can you tell me what was broken? Or give a source?

You should read this.

Sorry I didn't meant to be offensive, but it just bothers me the lack of acknolwedge Bill Finger gets. Kane wasn't really the main man.

All right, I see what yer sayin.

Everytime I ask this question I hear different things. Some people say no he won't be introduced until the final episode. Others say that he'll be introduced in Season 5.

What I'm asking is for concrete proof on when Bruce will become Batman in the story.

Not likely. The actor who plays Wayne is 14. Batman needs to be at least 18 I think.

IF the producers never planned on introducing "Batman" at all in the series, let alone for the Series Finale...then they shouldn't have introduced the character of Bruce Wayne at the first place.

Honestly, that's the one thing that I don't get about these "Prequel" series (aka Smallville). They almost seem ashamed at times to think contemplate the idea of introducing the iconic person that their whole mythology is really based around on.

If anything, the show's producers seem like they share Tim Burton's mindset where they care mainly about the development of the villains and less on Bruce Wayne.

They shamelessly just use his persona/canon future as a means to help hook people onto this show.

Oh man I hope we see key scenes like that one scene where Bruce is at his parents grave talking about how he didn't expect to be happy, a scene like the one in Year One where the bat crashes through the window, oh man! The series finale, if this show ever gets a real one, is going to be so awesome! I hope they stick with the kid who plays Bruce. Bruce is 13 in the show have the show run for like 7 or 8 seasons.

I certainly hope Bruce becomes Batman in this series.

now, it may be with Bruce donning the cape and cowl in the series finale, similar to Smallville. and I wouldn't be opposed to that.

but at some point I hope the show shifts focus to an older Bruce on his journey to become Batman.

otherwise, the whole show will be moot.

In Smallville, Clark at least was the main character and the whole show was about his journey to become Superman.

right now, Bruce is just a secondary character as the show focuses on Gordon and the villains ( mainly Penguin ).

right now, Bruce is just a secondary character as the show focuses on Gordon and the villains ( mainly Penguin ).

Isn't that the main concept of the show ? Gordon is the main character, Bruce is indeed a secondary character.

I sort of like Bruce just dealing with Wayne Enterprises now. It's a cool flip contrast. Kids are usually the ones who try to solve the worlds problems by playing superhero and adult's use politics and business, etc. Young Bruce is now challenging the Wayne board just as an adult would. As he gets older he's going to realise that he can solve anything the legal way, and thus as a child would, become a superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"