Will Hans Zimmer Score Superman?

ScottishFogg

Narnian
Reaction score
I love John Williams. It was his music in Superman, Star Wars, and Jurassic Park that got me into soundtracks. And while his Superman theme is iconic, classic, and completely unforgettable, I can understand a director wanting to go a new direction. Especially if they're trying to sever all ties from SUPERMAN RETURNS (a movie I still quite enjoy).

Nonetheless, they've got Hans Zimmer scoring the new Superman movie! :awesome:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47625

In my opinion, there's no-one else out there that could pull off the kind of bombast I'm hoping to see in the new Supes flick.

Good news to me.

Waits for Elevator Man to come in and trash Zimmer.

to bad that he will not devote all hes time to superman since he is also doing the batman score.

Well, I guess it IS official then.

AWESOME!

And quite a surprise Snyder working with Zimmer and not Bates. Gives me a feeling that Snyder might surprise us in generel about the reboot and offer a new side to himself.

How long does it take write a score? If TDKR comes out in July then the score should be done sometime in June. Zimmer will have about 5 months to work on Superman if the target date is still Decmeber.

*gag*

Where's a barf bag when I need one? Keep in mind I'm not a Zimmer basher, I just loathe at what his RC company has done to the film industry. First a dumbed-down Batman sound and now Zimmer's ruining that Americana sound for Superman.

I think that'll be more than enough time. Sometimes a few months is all it takes, at least to come up with the main score/themes. He'll probably work on it before that though.

I love John Williams. It was his music in Superman, Star Wars, and Jurassic Park that got me into soundtracks. And while his Superman theme is iconic, classic, and completely unforgettable, I can understand a director wanting to go a new direction. Especially if they're trying to sever all ties from SUPERMAN RETURNS (a movie I still quite enjoy).

Nonetheless, they've got Hans Zimmer scoring the new Superman movie! :awesome:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47625

In my opinion, there's no-one else out there that could pull off the kind of bombast I'm hoping to see in the new Supes flick.

Sounds good to me if true!

Hans is a master composer IMO.

I just hope his Man Of Steel Score is more unique and not easily recognizable from what he has done with the Batman and Pirates films.

I also would have loved to see Giacchino be hired on for this Supes film though.

How long does it take write a score? If TDKR comes out in July then the score should be done sometime in June. Zimmer will have about 5 months to work on Superman if the target date is still Decmeber.

He will be coming up with ideas and samples well before then without a doubt.

*gag*

Where's a barf bag when I need one? Keep in mind I'm not a Zimmer basher, I just loathe at what his RC company has done to the film industry. First a dumbed-down Batman sound and now Zimmer's ruining that Americana sound for Superman.

Here is what I think of your post and of Nikke Finke :barf:

*gag*

Normally I would agree with you here. Had it not been for his score for Inception, I would not have been rooting for him.

I'm actually not a fan of Zimmer as such and kinda dislikes his heroic themes as they're usually somewhat stale imo.
Inception changed my view on that and to a certain extend also Thin Red Line and Prince o Egypt.

But again, his heroic scores are usually kinda flat and typical and his brooding side the better.

The Superman-score I have no idea what he cold do with, but the potential, especially post Inception, is inspiring. Classic vs futuristic vs percussive. Much potential there imo.

Again, check out Inception for big and sinister themes for both Supes and Brainiac.

*gag*

Okay.

Very pleased with this news

I would have liked them to get someone different from the Batman films (though I do like Zimmer's work) but I'm glad it's not Tyler Bates.

Hanz Zimmer:up::up:

He's a daring composer who'll give us something new.

He's done a lot incredible stuff but my personal favorite, of his, is this cue from The Lion King: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5uYB9T_GlY
It's at 4:21 to 4:50 that really put Zimmer on my wish list for this film.

Absolutely, it's brilliant. I own the score, the final track, Time, is my favorite.

Time is good. A different approach to a Superman-theme.

But Dream Is Collapsing rules the score. When it culminates I still see Brainiac arriving over Metropolis EPIC-style with mass hysteria beneath.

Absolutely, it's brilliant. I own the score, the final track, Time, is my favorite.

The track Time should win Zimmer the Oscar for Best Score alone IMO! :woot:

Time has become one of my all time favorite Musical Scores and tracks.

I approve of this message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"