The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Will Michael Massee return?

Maybe the "Man in Shadows" was Donald Menken.

Originally I would have assumed he was Norman Osborn, otherwise they wouldn't have hidden his face in Oscorp Tower. The hiding of the face is the only consistent variable in this situation.

Norman_Osborn.png

Massee can't do charming. i'm glad that he's not Norman.

I'm still surprised nothing else was ever really said about the scene from Webb. The fact he never came out and said: "Yeah, that's Osborn, but we've re-casted him" by now could mean that it is indeed a different character. Nothing about the character really screamed Norman Osborn to me. However, Curt Connors was clearly afraid of him. Still, would a powerful man like Osborn really pop into a prison when a henchman could easy question Connors? I figure Norman would open with something a bit more...Osborn-like. This guy just came off like a henchman. "Did you tell him? Ok. Well, we'll be watching him."

Maybe all the vagueness was Webb's intention with Osborn, but I definitely didn't get a dying Norman vibe from the mystery guy. Popping in and out the way he did, what he said to Connors, it all just struck me as a henchman. I think Webb has a big cast of characters planned for this trilogy so it's certainly within the realm of possibilities that this character was someone else. It was a cool reveal, but a tad underwhelming if it was Osborn. All those factors combined and I just can't help but have the suspicion that it wasn't Norman. It's fun to speculate.

I say maybe as someone else

I really think he was Norman and was just recast

I'm not so sure. I'll wait patiently for the verdict.

Charming was never my go to descriptor for Norman Osborn. Sinister, power-hungry, insane. Those ones would do him justice. Maybe faux-charming.

I say maybe as someone else

Sure. I mean. There are a few options. I still say he should play Green Goblin. While Chris Cooper plays Norman Osborn.

I'm inclined to believe that Massee isn't Norman Osborne until proven otherwise in the film. Rhys Ifans confirmed that much and that Massee was someone in Osborne's employ.

Though Cooper is already casted, I really wanted Massee as Osborn ever since The Amazing Spider-Man came out.

I wouldn't mind Massee doing the voice of Gobby though, that'd definitely be cool. Mysterio would be cool as well now that I think of it.

Though Cooper is already casted, I really wanted Massee as Osborn ever since The Amazing Spider-Man came out.

I wouldn't mind Massee doing the voice of Gobby though, that'd definitely be cool. Mysterio would be cool as well now that I think of it.

If Mysterio were to be in ASM3 how would you like him to appear old style, ultimate or a mixture?

I love the classic fishbowl look but it can be updated to use different variations over the years.

th

th

th

I've added a recent pic of Spock in lava suit from Star Trek Into Darkness just to show that perhaps a possible Mysterio costume could be similar but hopefully green/purple metalic effect. The dome front on Spock's suit looks alright to me & if blanked out with smoke or lit up blue or white could work well. Me thinks anyway.

:word:

If Mysterio were to be in ASM3 how would you like him to appear old style, ultimate or a mixture?

I love the classic fishbowl look but it can be updated to use different variations over the years.

th

th

th

I've added a recent pic of Spock in lava suit from Star Trek Into Darkness just to show that perhaps a possible Mysterio costume could be similar but hopefully green/purple metalic effect. The dome front on Spock's suit looks alright to me & if blanked out with smoke or lit up blue or white could work well. Me thinks anyway.

I'd probably like a mixture, I'm always keen on mixtures for things. :p

I'd probably like a mixture, I'm always keen on mixtures for things. :p

I forgot to mention that if Massee is not up for Mysterio then I would hope Webb or whoever considers Zachary Quinto for Quentin Beck / Francis Klum.

He to me would not only create a brilliant Mysterio but probably a great screen villain for all to remember.

Remember him as Sylar.

:oldrazz:

^ Even with Zach's Spock haircut resembling quintin's, he already looks like him sort of haha.

I forgot to mention that if Massee is not up for Mysterio then I would hope Webb or whoever considers Zachary Quinto for Quentin Beck / Francis Klum.

He to me would not only create a brilliant Mysterio but probably a great screen villain for all to remember.

Remember him as Sylar.

:oldrazz:

Very true!

I still think it'd be awesome though if, some time, Norman Osborn (Cooper) pulled his face off and revealed Dmitri Smerdyakov instead, while the real Osborn had his appearance changed and under went a fake name aka David Lowell to protect his image (Massee).

That way, both fans of Massee and Cooper get them both as Osborn. Ah, a fanboy can dream I suppose. :p

Just watched the scene for the umteenth time. So obvious that Massee is trying to be Osborn/Green Goblin. His voice is the perfect Goblin-esque tone...

Here is the thing...

Yes, Cooper may be the better general actor. Has he ever played a phycopath character?

Massee has, I believe, the better look for Goblin.

Some are against Massee because they feel he couldn't be the professional business persona of Osborn. Here's the thing though, whose to say that Osborn will ever be that again? If he was terminal and took some cross species drug to stay alive that alters him I have a feeling it would be permanent, meaning what we saw in the shadows is Osborn. That would mean he won't be attending any cocktail parties anytime soon. His business is run by yes men, so he won't need to be in the limelight.

Next, we know that ASM3 is going to be all about Goblin. Can't kill Gwen without the Goblin, and the only reason you bring MJ into the mix is to set up the kill. So my expectation is that we'll have Rhino and Electro in this one, with a little bit of Gobbie towards the end to set up #3.

#3 will be all about Gobbie, though we may have some henchmen baddies as well, like Kraven and Camelion.

But again, as far as the man in the shadows, the only person that Connors would be scared of and that he would know and that would look and sound like that (please remember the comic art of Osborn in a trenchcoat and hat - can someone post?) is Osborn/Goblin.

Personally I think Massee could pull off crazy a bit better than Cooper, but Cooper is more well known, so I can see why they would go for the change...

th

th

th

Sorry, Mysterio is just too campy. Won't work well for these movies.

Virtually no one agrees with you. Mysterio is the best and needs to be on the silver screen.

Also the hologram Osborn at Oscorp looks way too much like Rhys Ifans/Connors in my opinion. Always thought was weird....

Virtually no one agrees with you. Mysterio is the best and needs to be on the silver screen.

Also the hologram Osborn at Oscorp looks way too much like Rhys Ifans/Connors in my opinion. Always thought was weird....
I agree that Mysterio is awesome and needs to be seen on screen, but I don't know how Webb would handle his appearance for his universe. I just don't know what kind of design they'd go with.

Sorry, Mysterio is just too campy. Won't work well for these movies.

How about Chameleon? he may not be in line with GG status but he is nonetheless Spidey's 1st major villain & a classic at that.

If i were to choose a random enemy for the 3rd film not of the ones already mentioned then it would have to be The Jackal.

Massee may fit the role of Miles Warren & eventually becoming Jackal.

:woot:

^ I remember that interview. Did you watch his bit on Attack of the Show? I felt like the interviewer was talking too much haha.

I really don't think, IF Massee is a key villain, that he would be Mysterio. I could actually see him being The Vulture just based on looks.

Never much liked Ultimate Mysterio. Awful design. I'd say embrace the theatricality of Mysterio and find some way to adapt his iconic 616 look for a modern audience.

Never much liked Ultimate Mysterio. Awful design. I'd say embrace the theatricality of Mysterio and find some way to adapt his iconic 616 look for a modern audience.

I honestly mix Mysterio from ultimate comics, 90 TAS, Spectacular cartoon, shattered dimensions game and the early Stan Lee run as well as post Brand New Day comics which would probably be awesome to see in live action(as for look I would mix ultimate with shattered dimensions look)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"