Transformers Will Smith for Jazz?

Well seeing as the censors originally felt it had action scenes that were intense enough to warrent an 'R' rating (It's only due to Spielberg having mates on the appeals panel that it's a PG-13) i'd say it's a big more grown-up than TMNT.

Are personal attacks like yours allowed on here?

You're right. No one has ever insulted anyone here. I'm a terrible man.

Anyway, we're talking about a movie based on toys vs. a movie based on a gritty, bloody comic book. And honestly. PG vs. PG-13. You think there's gonna be that much of a leap? I don't care what myths and legends there are about Spielberg going in there and laying the **** down, it isn't gonna be that hardcore. Simple as that.
And as for the original topic at hand, Will Smith DID star in both bad boys movies. Both of which he cussed more than a drunken irish sailor patty's day. So it's not like he's adopted any kind of super strict moral code. So whether this is too family friendly or not family friendly enough doesn't really matter.

And as for the original topic at hand, Will Smith DID star in both bad boys movies. Both of which he cussed more than a drunken irish sailor patty's day. So it's not like he's adopted any kind of super strict moral code. So whether this is too family friendly or not family friendly enough doesn't really matter.
Well, that's for a conversation between you and Yūgi's BM...All I did was disagree with his reasoning for Smith voice acting on the basis of the movie being family-oriented (PG is the cut-off rating, IMO). So, I'm agreeing with you there, just in a different way.

All I'm saying is that you can try and rationalize the subject matter being adapted all you want. The end result is in the movie and the movie that we're talking about is NOT recommended for children 13 to see without a guardian. All I'm saying is that it's not rated PG-13 for nothing (technically, I don't think it's rated, but all I know is that it was at once looking at an R-rating)...We're talking about the real movies here.

Theoretically, if you can picture TMNT and Transformers both as R-rated movie material, then in a way, you're still agreeing with me.

-TNC

You're right. No one has ever insulted anyone here. I'm a terrible man.

Anyway, we're talking about a movie based on toys vs. a movie based on a gritty, bloody comic book. And honestly. PG vs. PG-13. You think there's gonna be that much of a leap? I don't care what myths and legends there are about Spielberg going in there and laying the **** down, it isn't gonna be that hardcore. Simple as that.

"Bloody gritty comic book" ??? Are you talking about TMNT? Sadly, there has yet to be a TMNT movie that does the original any sort of justice...
(even though I enjoyed both the original movie and the new one).

And. as a fan of both Transformers AND TMNT (back in the mid-80's circa 85-86) I can say with 100% certaintude that while TMNT had very good writing, Transformers had A LOT (A LOT!!!) more to say about worldwide topical subjects.

This Michael Bay movie abandons almost all those subjects.

Transformers is a toy franchise aimed towards kids, and so is Spider-Man and its sequels, even if this will be a semi-violent film, I'm sure the quiter moments or humor will make up for it.

Well, I wouldn't have a problem with this, Scatman Crothers is unfortunalty 'unavailable' although an older black voice would probably be better. I wonder who they will get for Ironhide? Probably not Cullen unfortunatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"