Will the characters of the Marvel Universe unite to fight the Skrull invasion?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Will the pro and anti reg sides join forces to fight the Skrull invasion? Also will MU's villains play a part in fighting the Skrulls?

A full world invasion would be cool.

Hopefully it nothing like that Lock Down BS.

i hope they do this pro reg-anti reg crap hs to GO

It has gone. The only anti-reg holdouts are the New Warriors, the New Avengers, and half the Young Avengers.

Which, really, is about as big (maybe even bigger) then what it was in it's prime.

Yeah, but they're not actively fighting each other anymore. It's like having the Punisher and Venom working as anti-heroes while the rest of the superheroes do their thing. The latter will try to bring the former two in if they see them, but mostly they'll just leave each other to their own devices if they stay out of each other's way.

Yeah, but they're not actively fighting each other anymore. It's like having the Punisher and Venom working as anti-heroes while the rest of the superheroes do their thing. The latter will try to bring the former two in if they see them, but mostly they'll just leave each other to their own devices if they stay out of each other's way.

They've got naked Ultron to worry about.

That's true. If the comic keeps coming out as slowly as it has been, they'll be worrying about her for a long, long time, too.

I love Cho (T&A aside), but I'm glad he's done with the book. As long as the replacement isn't Bags or Angel Medina, I'll be happier with an on schedule MA.

Someone suggested Pasqual Ferry. They were wrong when they did that.

I know he's probably all tied up with Fables, but I've been thinking that Mark Buckingham would make a great Avengers artist.

I'm not. His Spider-Man run was good, but I don't think he's suited for big time superheroics like MA.

I'm not. His Spider-Man run was good, but I don't think he's suited for big time superheroics like MA.

I don't know. There are some pretty sweet fight scenes in Fables. And when did he draw Spider-Man?

Bucky's definitely not right for big action superheroics. He's much more a quaint, storybook-style artist, which is why he's so perfect for Fables. I hope he never leaves that book. :up:

What's wrong with Pasqual Ferry? I loved his art on Heroes for Hire and Warlock and Adam Strange.

Bucky's definitely not right for big action superheroics. He's much more a quaint, storybook-style artist, which is why he's so perfect for Fables. I hope he never leaves that book. :up:

What's wrong with Pasqual Ferry? I loved his art on Heroes for Hire and Warlock and Adam Strange.

Yeah, I love Mark Buckingham on "Fables". The only person I think could ever replace him on that book would be Charles Vess.

That was back when he actually rendered his drawings. Now he's gone the route of "I'll outline the figures and the colorist can flesh it out." The end result is a European-inspired Larocca. It's just not that great in my opinion.

He used that style on Adam Strange and it looked fantastic, though. I think he's one of the few who can pull it off, like Middleton or Alphona. His figures are still consistent, at least, unlike Larocca's, who all look kind of amorphous without the rendering.

He used that style on Adam Strange and it looked fantastic, though. I think he's one of the few who can pull it off, like Middleton or Alphona. His figures are still consistent, at least, unlike Larocca's, who all look kind of amorphous without the rendering.

Middleton colors his own work, so it's a style he's developed that's wholly his own. Alphona I wouldn't even consider to be in the group. He redenders his artwork just fine, but it looks even better with a decent colorist (as is the case, most of the time). From reading interviews with he and Christina Strain (his colorist) the two worked very closely together to develop the style you see on the page.

Ferry just does his thing and the colorist, whoever it happens to be, is left to pick up pieces and add the depth and texture that Ferry should've. I dunno, it's just my opinion.

Well, what else has he done in that style that makes you think that? 'Cause Ferry and colorist Dave McCraig did some ****ing beautiful work on both Adam Strange and Mr. Miracle:

AdamStrange01-05.jpg
AdamStrange01-07.jpg

mrmiraclepage.jpg
msmiraclepage.jpg

I mean, if nothing else, he's still at least got a great sense of design, crisp linework, and some interesting, challenging angles.

It's pretty, for sure, but that's due to the colors. The angles and linework are all quality, but are little more then decent sketches that have been colored over. I'm not trying to knock the guy, I'm just saying I'm as big a fan as others might be. And I've been basing my opinions on his UFF run, which hasn't looked near that pretty (again, because of the colors).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"