Will there be more fighting in TIH "Suicide Cut"?

EmeraldBeast

Sidekick
Reaction score
After viewing the movie three times, I am curious as to how much more fighting takes place in the 70 minutes left out of the movie? I think besides more in depth character development for all parties involved, we get more of what was in the script that was left in the editing room. What's your opinion?

Not sure if there's more fighting but Im pretty sure there is more shots and scenes of the Hulk.

70 minutes left out of the film? Where'd you hear that? Frankly, it sounds bogus, since the film is already two hours.

I heard it was actually more like 50 minutes.

-TNC

are we even sure its 70 min? i honestly doubt there will be more hulk.. why would they waste money they dont have and then just cut it? seems to me they added as much hulk as they could. its most likly character peices with possibly 1 or 2 shots of the hulk here and there.. my opinion of course..

70 minutes left out of the film? Where'd you hear that? Frankly, it sounds bogus, since the film is already two hours.

LL has said it himself. He said it was gonna be on the dvd.

i DEMAND the Norton cut! jahjahajhaj
damn it, the movie is good, but the less building of momentumm, makes it not reach classic or memorable status that im sure it would have been with ¨THE NORTON WAY¨jahjahj

Just like Warners/New Line did with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, I demand two versions of this movie: Theatrical and the Norton Edit.

I'm pretty sure LL said the blueray verson extra footage would not just be character developing scenes and that there would be action in there aswell.

LL has said it himself. He said it was gonna be on the dvd.

NO it's not. LL said it was just a collection of EVERYTHING they shot and was never intended to be a final version of the film. Watching it almost made you want to kill yourself, thus the term suicide cut. At this point, it seems that maybe 25 minutes was cut. It also looks like there will never be any Norton Cut. The head of Marvel Studios said that the deleted footage would be on the DVD but it won't be inserted back in to the film.

Just to make sure everyone understands this, Norton's intended cut was not 70 minutes. His cut had an extra 20 or so minutes which were probably character development as he wanted a "zen" Hulk. The 70 minutes of additional footage that we all hear of his everything that was filmed. Leterrier says he wants to show everything they filmed. This 70 minutes is from the the three hour suicide cut which is horrible to watch. It is from those three hours that the bad scenes and some other okay ones are cut. Then you get a 2 hourish cut which is intended for theatres. This 70 minutes of extra footage that was never intended to be in the final cut will all be on Blu-Ray and as much as Marvel can fit will be on DVD. The extra footage will all be in the form of deleted scenes not a directors cut edition of the film as Leterrier says he the cut he wants to be on Blu-Ray/DVD is the one seen in theatres.

So we wont ever be seeing the Norton Cut at all? Well thats just stupid by Marvel ONCE AGAIN, the Norton Cut sounds like it will be the much better movie.

Also, i dont about anyone else, but the final battle in TIH seemed to be cut at some points.

Also, i dont about anyone else, but the final battle in TIH seemed to be cut at some points.

I don't know if changes were made from the first draft to the final product due to budget reasons or whatever but...

In the first draft the fight had Hulk and Abomination fighting inside a shopping mall. I think Abominaton tossed Hulk into one and they both are fighting with shoppers all around screaming in panic. Also the first draft had Abomination ripping apart an escalator and using the chain part of it as a huge whip. Then there were some scenes of Hulk dodging the whip, getting hit by it and then pulling it back and using it on Abomination I think. There was also a lot of more fist to the face action aswell.

Like I said, this might have never of been intended for the final draft.

sounds weird that they have 70 mins more filmed that were NEVER intented to be in the final cut, so why did they shoot them and spent money and time on them?? even though i still find stupid to cut the doc samson scene, so then you see him with G Ross, talking about Banner, and he never met him really...so the scene looses proposal, and lot´s more, like at the end on the chopper, not saying the only thing that can fight that is in me, makes it less strong and convincing, he just sayis hey send me back, and they agree, not much of a fight... I bet there were a lot more worth to be in it, like the cap america with the suicide scene, and i dunno about the peryan scene hahaha

sounds weird that they have 70 mins more filmed that were NEVER intented to be in the final cut, so why did they shoot them and spent money and time on them??

It wasn't "never" intended to be in the final cut but was very poor quality and did not deserve to be in the final cut but some of the 70 minutes of cut footage is good and was at one point going to be in the final cut such as the artic scene and the doc samson scene.

Everyone's talking about deleted scenes in this thread so I may as well join the fold.... now I try to be spoiler-free and what not with these flicks but just from trailers and commercials we know that some important scenes are missing, and I wouldn't be surprised if part of that was an extended fight scene:
-we've been told by Leterrier in an interview that the final fight was VERY LONG (he said something around 30 minutes I think), but it wasn't that close
-we know that pacing cut out parts of the little prelude to it, with Banner's fall (the trailer showed more of that scene, and Letterier talked about Hulk and Betty staring at each other with Betty crying after he comes out of the street and is about to fight)

Weren't they having issues with not having enough time to make the film (hence the late marketing and media releases)? An extended fight (especially the shopping mall thing) sounds like it would be hard to do all the CGI for in a short time.... so hopefully something like that was filmed, because the final battle was a little underwhelming.

Everyone's talking about deleted scenes in this thread so I may as well join the fold.... now I try to be spoiler-free and what not with these flicks but just from trailers and commercials we know that some important scenes are missing, and I wouldn't be surprised if part of that was an extended fight scene:
-we've been told by Leterrier in an interview that the final fight was VERY LONG (he said something around 30 minutes I think), but it wasn't that close
-we know that pacing cut out parts of the little prelude to it, with Banner's fall (the trailer showed more of that scene, and Letterier talked about Hulk and Betty staring at each other with Betty crying after he comes out of the street and is about to fight), so maybe more of the fight was cut too

Weren't they having issues with not having enough time to make the film (hence the late marketing and media releases)? An extended fight (especially the shopping mall thing) sounds like it would be hard to do all the CGI for in a short time.... so hopefully something like that was filmed, because the final battle was a little underwhelming.

No, that was a misquote; the final act was 24 minutes long.

It was 24 minutes in the Norton cut of the film, or the Marvel cut?

You have got things mixed up.

Leterrier said that he was misquoted about the Harlem brawl between Hulk and Abomination being 26 minutes long, what he actually said was the final act was 26 minutes with the actual fight being 10-15 minutes long.

Norton's prefered cut of the film was 20 or so minutes longer than the actual theatrical cut and probably featured more character scenes as he was apparantly aiming for a "zen" Hulk film.

I want to see the artic scene......:(

I am begging Marvel because I know they visit these boards, please, just like Daredevil, release this alternate cut of the movie that Norton was championing. I really want to see it edited all together and not as a muddled bunch of clips in the extras section. What action scenes weren't finished for the Hulk/Abomination fight that Letterier wanted in the movie can now be finished and integrated into the movie proper. Also Norton's heartfelt character driven scenes can be restored so that we can see a little more just what toll this struggle to contain the monster within has had on Bruce's life.

I am begging Marvel because I know they visit these boards, please, just like Daredevil, release this alternate cut of the movie that Norton was championing. I really want to see it edited all together and not as a muddled bunch of clips in the extras section. What action scenes weren't finished for the Hulk/Abomination fight that Letterier wanted in the movie can now be finished and integrated into the movie proper. Also Norton's heartfelt character driven scenes can be restored so that we can see a little more just what toll this struggle to contain the monster within has had on Bruce's life.

Was the alternate cut of Daredevil any good? I mean, did it make it a better movie? The one I saw was pretty lousy...glad it was on an airplane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"