The Dark Knight Will there be more action then there was in BB?

GoogleMe94

Sidekick
Reaction score
BB left me cold cuz there ws hardly any action, or any good action sequences. and thats not even mentioning the horrendous choppy editing work thrown in to those fights. but will TDK actually be awsome? BB was kinda not so awsome and IMO kinda boring, it was too much about the hows and whys and katie holmes and whatnot and just yawn, but TDK has suuuuuch potential to be cool, since there looks to be none of that orgin crap in this, and you have the Joker, and maybe even a new 2face. but do you think there will be more awsome action like there was in B89 and do you also think that there will finallly be a cool batmobile chase scene and really usering the batmobile to its full advantage instead of just outrunning ppl? also, do you think they will stop the horrible editing and make the fights visible and enjoyable? i know there are some ppl who didnt mind the BB fights, but i think the majority thinks that the less then perfect fight scenes could have be been so much more enjoyable if the camera stayed still for just 2 seconds.

Of course there will, BB had to tell the origin story of Bruce and all so in TDK we get to see Batman for most of the movie which has to mean a lot more stuff going on

I actually enjoyed the scenes with no action as opposed to the scenes with. I'd hardly call Batman Begins boring, by any means. However, the action scenes themselves could use some work. But I don't think there's any need to fill up the movie with more action.

Hm, I don't think TDK needs more action than BB. The Balance was just right IMO. But Nolan could work on the action scenes a bit, tidy them up. I know his idea was that you have the impression of Batman being terribly fast, an animal. But I think a lot of people would like to be able to see what's going on.

*whew* Just got back from the future... Yes. Much more action. Oh, and chimps have taken control of Verizon. So far, I'm pretty impressed.

*whew* Just got back from the future... Yes. Much more action. Oh, and chimps have taken control of Verizon. So far, I'm pretty impressed.
That's nothing. There's been a chimp in the White House for the last six-and-a-half years.

That's nothing. There's been a chimp in the White House for the last six-and-a-half years.

You know, I almost went that route... I have some unpleasant dealings with Verizon recently. Them and Comcast. Bastards.

There will be as much action as there needs to be.

im pretty sure there will be more action, it will be awesome either way though

The one thing that worries me the most about comic book movies is the studio listening to fanboys who´re never satisfied with the amount of action. I want action, bur first and foremost I want a good story and I want the action to serve it, not the other way around. I was fine with the amount of action in BB. Tim Story was so worried about putting more action in FF2 cuz it was what fanboys kept asking, he should have focused on a better script.

I think there will be more action!

Not gonna comment on the fights, been done to death.

I'd rather the extra time go towards character work, something, anything not directly related to pushing the plot forward. There's bound to be more Batman, so inevitably more little action scenes, but some quiter moments of perseverance and hard work would be great. It was there last time, but not the focus, now we have the chance for an investigation that can span an entire 2+ hour film. Besides a chase I could do without large explosive set-pieces and city in peril destruction.

The terrorism aspect to TDK is promising, I think it points towards turning the peril cliche on its head, with it merely being a ruse for Joker's games rather than an end game. Chaos unfolding on a smaller scale would also be nice, not so much actual damage as much as the threat and fear, following individuals as their lives are turned upside down, rather than speeding trains and burning buildings.

Honestly, I'd rather see more interaction between Batman and Joker than too many action scenes. I love action just as much as the next guy, but in BB I was so fascinated by the origin story and how he gets his gadgets and the first half of the film is awesome. Of course I love to see Bats in action, but with only two hours, I want to see how Nolan directs the relationship between Batman and Joker. They have without doubt the most complex and interesting (non-sexual) relationship between two comic book characters and I want to see a lot of this.

BB left me cold cuz there ws hardly any action, or any good action sequences. and thats not even mentioning the horrendous choppy editing work thrown in to those fights. but will TDK actually be awsome? BB was kinda not so awsome and IMO kinda boring, it was too much about the hows and whys and katie holmes and whatnot and just yawn, but TDK has suuuuuch potential to be cool, since there looks to be none of that orgin crap in this, and you have the Joker, and maybe even a new 2face. but do you think there will be more awsome action like there was in B89 and do you also think that there will finallly be a cool batmobile chase scene and really usering the batmobile to its full advantage instead of just outrunning ppl? also, do you think they will stop the horrible editing and make the fights visible and enjoyable?

Everyone else on this board knows the answer to those questions about as much as you do. And no one really will ever know until we see some stand alone action footage or bits from trailers that would at least give everyone an idea of what to expect. Before that, it is just unnecessarily getting ahead of ourselves indulging in meaningless speculation based on thin air. So you can quit asking dumb questions now.

i know there are some ppl who didnt mind the BB fights, but i think the majority thinks that the less then perfect fight scenes could have be been so much more enjoyable if the camera stayed still for just 2 seconds.

Unless you've got actual numbers or any kind of statistic to back that up with, I'd advise you to refrain from making ******ed statements like that.

Honestly, I'd rather see more interaction between Batman and Joker than too many action scenes. I love action just as much as the next guy, but in BB I was so fascinated by the origin story and how he gets his gadgets and the first half of the film is awesome. Of course I love to see Bats in action, but with only two hours, I want to see how Nolan directs the relationship between Batman and Joker. They have without doubt the most complex and interesting (non-sexual) relationship between two comic book characters and I want to see a lot of this.
i agree with you. :woot:

By the way, anyone remember Spider-Man 2? It's got only 2 major action sequences with a couple more smaller ones scattered here and there. I'd rather have TDK follow the same template mix of action and story i.e, a lot more story and character development with no more than 2-3 major action sequences, but the little number of action sequences that is there should be nothing short of mindblowing.

riddler.gif

I'm counting on it!

Everyone else on this board knows the answer to those questions about as much as you do. And no one really will ever know until we see some stand alone action footage or bits from trailers that would at least give everyone an idea of what to expect. Before that, it is just unnecessarily getting ahead of ourselves indulging in meaningless speculation based on thin air. So you can quit asking dumb questions now.

geez who died and made you king? i can post questions if i want, i dont care if you think there "dumb".

Unless you've got actual numbers or any kind of statistic to back that up with, I'd advise you to refrain from making ******ed statements like that.

******ed? i think your the one with the retarted statements. wow, im surprised you havent made one of those "grammar" posts yet. its a free country, i can state my opinion where i want. if you got a problem with my opinions, dont read my posts. responding with ignorant posts just makes you look like a jerk. i was just asking a question so please remove that stick from your rear and sumerdown.:whatever: also, there was a thread made with a poll that asked how many ppl liked and disliked the choppy fight scenes and i believe that everyone voted against the choppy fights.

this is one of the thing i hate about posting at SSH, there always those pricks who think they know better then you and hop on you for just about anything they disagree with. thats certainly warrants troll behavior..

No.

There will be more action in this film than in any other Bat-movie.

^how so? B&R seemed to have the most action, technically, even though it was the worst.

I think there will be. Simply because they don't have to tell the Origin side of things, but on the flip side of that it seems that there is going to have to be a lot of back story or other characters other than Batman this time around.
So to answer your question...

I don't know

geez who died and made you king? i can post questions if i want, i dont care if you think there "dumb".

But you took objection to me calling them dumb. Hence, you do care. :dry:

******ed? i think your the one with the retarted statements. wow, im surprised you havent made one of those "grammar" posts yet. its a free country, i can state my opinion where i want. if you got a problem with my opinions, dont read my posts. responding with ignorant posts just makes you look like a jerk. i was just asking a question so please remove that stick from your rear and sumerdown.:whatever:

You made a ******ed statement with your brainfart about the 'majority' not liking BB's action sequences. Can you provide me a verifiable source for this claim? Numbers? Statistics? By all means you are free to speak for yourself but who the hell authorized you to act as a mouthpiece for this 'majority'?

also, there was a thread made with a poll that asked how many ppl liked and disliked the choppy fight scenes and i believe that everyone voted against the choppy fights.

Yeah, because clearly SHH=Rest of the World, eh? :rolleyes:

this is one of the thing i hate about posting at SSH, there always those pricks who think they know better then you and hop on you for just about anything they disagree with. thats certainly warrants troll behavior..

You made a B.S statement, I called you out on it and now you're getting upset over it? Poor baby.

I wouldn't even go so far as to say that the 'action' sequences weren't very entertaining, but most of the 'fighting' scenes were a bit confusing . . .

the last fight w/ Ra's was actually very well done, IMO . . . I'm glad that they didn't go all 'Matrix' on the fight scenes and totally overdue them, but I would like to see more of that hard-earned coreography get it's day in the sun . . . we def need to see more of HOW Batman fights, cuz the moves were COLD!

sometimes you must sit back and realise that if your going to take a film seriously it must not have flashy lights and over the top fight scenes. Expect the same amount of action in TDK as you did in begins, because part of what made BB so great was the story. If you dont care about the story, then go watch the Fantastic Four movies or Batman and Robin.

sometimes you must sit back and realise that if your going to take a film seriously it must not have flashy lights and over the top fight scenes. Expect the same amount of action in TDK as you did in begins, because part of what made BB so great was the story. If you dont care about the story, then go watch the Fantastic Four movies or Batman and Robin.
Yeah I totally agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"