The Force Awakens Will They/Should They Bring Back Boba Fett?

I don't think they should bring Fett back, unless he shows up as the Mandalore and his identity as the Mandalore is not revealed until the third film, when he tells someone like Luke about his crusade to find the mask of the first Mandalore.

I am all in favor of bringing in a child of his though, preferably a daughter. Have to have a tough looking pacific islander female play her, like Sarona Reiher.
361px-Tamina_Axxess.jpg

...as much as I'd love to see Boba Fett return, I think it's probably best to let him be.

Lets be real here, what role would he play? Even his father played a bigger role than him in the films, there probably are even those that didn't notice him in the original trilogy at all, even if he's quite famous now.

I really don't think there would be any purpose for him at all...other than fan service. (I doubt he'll be back.)

Really, the only way I can see "Boba" returning, is if either his daughter or grandaughter dons his armor. If he actually managed to get out of the pit, he should be retired.

Boba Fett is the most overrated and overhyped character in any movie series. Just leave him. It's lose-lose. Put him and you'll never match the fanboys' expectations.

And don't cheapen it with another family member or clone situation. Leave him in the pit with his hype. If he gets out, he'd never live up to it anyway.

Nah, I don't think it would be that difficult. You just need a decent showcase of abilities by having him taking out several opponents by himself, fight a Jedi to a standstill and when he dies, he shouldn't go out like a b**ch, but with some dignity instead.

Unless Mandalorians factor heavily in the story, absolutely not. I can't think of a more pointless character developing such a large fan following.

Last edited:
Boba Fett is the most overrated and overhyped character in any movie series. Just leave him. It's lose-lose. Put him and you'll never match the fanboys' expectations.

And don't cheapen it with another family member or clone situation. Leave him in the pit with his hype. If he gets out, he'd never live up to it anyway.

I just don't get this view...The character has already been in both trilogies and has a back story that perfectly justifies him re-appearing , even over long time periods.

I don't need Boba..but there absolutley must be a Fett in Boba's gear kicking ass in this new trilogy.

As for "overhyped" disagree...Boba Fett is a microcosm of why Star Wars kicks ass.

One saw a guy like Boba and wondered "what the hell was this guys story?" ..in effect Boba was a huge part of the reason for an EU and rabid fan support.

Unless Mandalorians factor heavily in the story, absolutely not. I can't think of a more pointless character developing such a large fan following.

He's a awesomely designed character. Plain and simple. The EU loves him and he's definitely portrayed as more of a bad ass and even George Lucas, himself, regrets killing him off. And how can you have anything Star Wars without a Mandalorian thrown in the mix?

Boba was never a main focus point in SW anyway, but his story IS intertwined with both the OT and PT, so why not just have him pop in for the next set? It wouldn't hurt and I'm sure just seeing him would please all the Fett fans, myself included.

Or just give him his own movie. I'd be more than happy to "settle" for something like that.

They could also introduce a common enemy into the new Trilogy, or at least in one of the movies. Fett gets screwed over, so either Boba himself or his offspring decide to join the good guys, to get some old fashioned payback. So you could have a Bounty Hunter on the good side for once. Would be fun to watch an ally who knows how to play really, really dirty. And after the events, they go their separate ways again.

They could also introduce a common enemy into the new Trilogy, or at least in one of the movies. Fett gets screwed over, so either Boba himself or his offspring decide to join the good guys, to get some old fashioned payback. So you could have a Bounty Hunter on the good side for once. Would be fun to watch an ally who knows how to play really, really dirty. And after the events, they go their separate ways again.

I wouldn't mind that neither. Depending on how far into the future they go with this one, they could maybe say one of the last clones decided to take up the mantle of Fett and all they'd have to say is the termination of the cloning facilities caused them to stop altering Jango's clones and this one was the very last survivor and unaltered. Then give him a "clean version of Boba's armor or something to pay tribute to both Jango and Boba.

or like you originally said, just being Boba's son would work:woot: But there's so many simple ways they can make it happen, I just hope they decide to actually use one.

I think bringing Boba Fett back would just make the universe feel smaller. It'd be like putting Chewy in Revenge of the Sith, it's not really bad, but it's not really good either.

Personally I'd like to see a whole new type of dangerous underworld scum in the new films. With the fall of the Empire in Jedi and the reconstruction process of the Republic these could arguably be the darkest times of all three trilogies.

Fett needs to be back. His family deserves the chance to continue the mantel of being the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

And if not Fett, then some other Bounty Hunter. I can't imagine the new Trilogy without a Bounty Hunter in some capacity.

Not Fett, no. Leave him dead. Giving him screentime could invalidate the status he didn't earn.

I think bringing Boba Fett back would just make the universe feel smaller. It'd be like putting Chewy in Revenge of the Sith, it's not really bad, but it's not really good either.

Not really Boba has played an integral part in Galactic history. Plus, if Solo is involved then I'm sure Fett won't want to miss out on the action.

He integral due to the EU. I don't think he should come back despite the EU but I do think there should be Mandolrians featured.

The new trilogy should reunite house Skywalker and a Fett

If they can think of a good and appropriate way to bring him back then I'd be all for it, but I certainly can't think of one. But it has to be for the right purpose, otherwise it would just be fan service and it would such and diminish the character. I'd rather they didn't use him at all if that's what it would be.

I forgot where I read it, but apparently one of the original plans for VII-IX was to have Boba lead an army of no longer with the empire Stormtroopers against the new Jedi Order. I'd love Boba be there as a mentor character to a female bounty hunter. I think that would be awesome.

People make Boba out to be an insignificant character undeserving of all his popularity, but even putting aside the EU, he's the guy who helped the Empire track the Falcon to Bespin when Han thought he gave everybody the slip with his "floating away with the garbage" trick. He had little screen time but the events of the movies would not have played out the way they did without him.

People make Boba out to be an insignificant character undeserving of all his popularity, but even putting aside the EU, he's the guy who helped the Empire track the Falcon to Bespin when Han thought he gave everybody the slip with his "floating away with the garbage" trick. He had little screen time but the events of the movies would not have played out the way they did without him.

exactly, the Fett's are just that intertwined with the Skywalkers (Anakin/Clones, Luke/Boba via Han). And with him in the new trilogy, it wouldn't really be forced or a "fan service", there's a lot of acceptable storylines they can go with, and I don't see how that can even be a bad thing.

I'd even go as far as say I wouldn't even mind seeing a small clan of Mandalorians appear. They're just as big of a staple to the SW universe as the Jedi/Sith are.

I wouldn't mind seeing a badass group of Mandalorians led by Boba Fett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"