Will you interpret the next \S/ film as a reboot or prequel?

Well, if they go with LexCorp Lex and get away from the goofiness, I think it would be enough to distance itself from the Donnerverse Luthor. Although, I don't mind Luthor being played by a black guy.

Last edited:
I don't think Luthor should be black...There's no real reason for him to be black.

I don't think he should be black either, but if it happened I wouldn't be too upset. Then again, I can't think of any black guy off the top of my head that's right for Luthor.

Last edited:
I don't think he should be black either, but if it happened I wouldn't be too upset. Then again, I can't think of any black off the top of my head that's right for Luthor.

My first choice...

25669_Chiwetel_Ejiofor_2_jpga842432124b33b9602cb22e0906ccc9c

I just think... if you are going to reboot... why not embrace some changes? We aren't talking about Will Smith as Superman here... I just think people are tired of the same old Lex. No matter how corporate/post-crisis you make him... they won't see the differences.

There really is no reason to have a black Lex Luthor. It would make zero sense.

My first choice...

25669_Chiwetel_Ejiofor_2_jpga842432124b33b9602cb22e0906ccc9c

I just think... if you are going to reboot... why not embrace some changes? We aren't talking about Will Smith as Superman here... I just think people are tired of the same old Lex. No matter how corporate/post-crisis you make him... they won't see the differences.

No thanks...All the changes the franchise needs can be lifted from the comics. You don't need to make Luthor black or Lois an albino for that.

When SLJ was announced as Nick Fury people were up in arms... even though there were comics based off of that version... it wasn't the mainstream. But it was still done despite the doubts of comic book readers. It's a change that works for cinema. I think it's a good idea because you completely wash your hands of Donner's Lex.

When SLJ was announced as Nick Fury people were up in arms... even though there were comics based off of that version... it wasn't the mainstream. But it was still done despite the doubts of comic book readers. It's a change that works for cinema. I think it's a good idea because you completely wash your hands of Donner's Lex.

The thing is that I find it just completely unnecessary. And I would have preferred Fury to be The Hoff BTW :hehe: or not black...I don't think people cared either way because to them, Nick Fury is a non character.

To distance Donner Luthor from the new Luthor, you only need to change his characterization a little bit. Show him to be a bit more ruthless. Introduce LexCorp if you will.

I did not like that they did that with Nick Fury b/c again there was no reason to.

Now when Michael Clark Duncan was cast as Kingpin that made sense b/c he was the only actor who could physically inhabit the role in terms of size and physique.

Changing Lex's color is not the only way to "wash your hands" of the Donner version of Lex.

Again... all that stuff works if you are starting from scratch... but if they bring back Routh they will have an extra difficult time making the distinction. Now we can argue whether it's better to keep Routh or not, but I think the purpose of THIS thread... is if Routh is back... would you view it as a prequel or reboot? All I am doing is suggesting something that clearly makes this a reboot.

Again... all that stuff works if you are starting from scratch... but if they bring back Routh they will have an extra difficult time making the distinction. Now we can argue whether it's better to keep Routh or not, but I think the purpose of THIS thread... is if Routh is back... would you view it as a prequel or reboot? All I am doing is suggesting something that clearly makes this a reboot.

You're right, back onto the topic of the thread.

I think with Routh it will still be a reboot.

It could be like Batman Forever...If they had kept Keaton. But not like Batman Forever. You know what I mean...

whoever plays lex and the urrounding characters, they need to be BIG names

I'll interpret it by the direction the Studio says they're taking.

Yes. Obviously.

He's done with Marvel and Hulk. :)

WB needs to snatch him over to our side.

whoever plays lex and the urrounding characters, they need to be BIG names
idk, I kinda don't like when they go with a big name for the villain, when the hero is usually an unknown

it always seems like they trying to attach a big name just the sell the movie better

why do so many people want Brandon back yet hate it to be a prequel?? they can still give him a new look and everything.

Not yeeeet...... remember "Avengers"?

I doubt Norton will return due to the fact that his film underperformed... but I don't see Norton as Lex in any way shape or form regardless of his role in a previous Marvel film.

why do so many people want Brandon back yet hate it to be a prequel?? they can still give him a new look and everything.

You need to give this notion a rest... it is a worser idea than rebooting with Routh...

Last edited:
I doubt Norton will return do to the fact that his film underperformed... but I don't see Norton as Lex in any way shape or form regardless of his role in a previous Marvel film.

You need to give this notion a rest... it is a worser idea than rebooting with Routh...

That's not a word! :yay:

Seriously though, Norton will have nothing to do with this film!

the question im asking is WHY? so many people keep saying it's a "worser" idea but nobody has given me a good reason as to why it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"