Will you interpret the next \S/ film as a reboot or prequel?

My bad on the grammar... it's MORE WORSE because SR was a God awful movie and you don't make prequels to God awful/underperforming films... and SR definitely fits one of those bills. That's the simplest way one can put it. Add the fact that Donner's films were already prequels...

My bad on the grammar... it's MORE WORSE because SR was a God awful movie and you don't make prequels to God awful/underperforming films... and SR definitely fits one of those bills. That's the simplest way one can put it. Add the fact that Donner's films were already prequels...

Get away from the keyboard :yay: :hehe:

No matter who would play Superman it is a reboot anyway, since SR did not make any critical or commercial expectations. I doubt that a new Supes film will be by the same script style or reproduce any homage to the Donner vision.

godawful according to who? the average 17 yr old who cant sit still through a movie without an explosion every 5 minutes? correct me if im wrong but i remember the critic reviews for the movie were very good. and superman 3 and 4 were Donners sequels, you cant just ignore those movies and say SR came after 2. give SR it's own history, it was a deep and well put together movie, it'd be nice to see what happened before and Donnors films although nicely done for its time doesnt quite "fit the bill."

my idea is to make it a prequel/reboot, that way we dont just ignore yet ANOTHER superman film, it'd be dumb and confusing as hell (especially since they want Brandon back.) they already said they're making a reboot so why not make it a prequel as well, to not confuse the audience and add flavor to SR in the process.

Last edited:
Get away from the keyboard :yay: :hehe:

WORSE... yeah I admit that was pretty bad...

godawful according to who? the average 17 yr old who cant sit still through a movie without an explosion every 5 minutes? correct me if im wrong but i remember the critic reviews for the movie were very good. and superman 3 and 4 were Donners sequels, you cant just ignore those movies and say SR came after 2. give SR it's own history, it was a deep and well put together movie, it'd be nice to see what happened before and Donnors films although nicely done for its time doesnt quite "fit the bill."

Are we posting the same things in every thread now? More reason why to close your new thread... :whatever:

just trying to get an intelligent response out of you. :whatever:

Don't bother, he's forgotten to attach a huge IMO behind all of his comments.

-a prequel origin, with Routh, that would re-conceptualize everything in SR could work very well. A prequel Origin would severe the ties with the Donner franchise instantly. Moreover, with the ability to rewrite every SR character's history, through the prequel, there are many interesting possibilities that could be changed. 1) I'd love for a prequel to redefine Jason as a Superclone that Lex implanted in Lois through a mad scientific rape, 2)if Superman does not know his true origin (other than a spaceship) in the prequel, his motivation to leave and find krypton would make a lot of sense, given some creative writing, 3) Lex could easily be dealt with. Perhaps Lex was the evil businessman we all know and love, but that before SR Superman's interference with his plots may have driven him a little MAD.

This works better than a straight reboot(the concept, not my examples), because although SR didn't work out as well as it should have, it would be a waste of money just to throw it in the trash and forget that it never happened. A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY.

Basically what I'm saying, is a good writer could take SR (a substandard movie) and frame it between a prequel origin which would severe the vague history BS, and a post SR sequel. Between the two frames, the outlook on SR could be vastly improved. It just takes someone intelligent to sit down, and write a pre SR origin, so that the Donner franchise no longer exists in the SR continuity (replaced by the prequel origin)

lastly, we shouldn't be afraid of prequels, just because some dumbass decide to prequelize his brilliant story, and ruin it in the process. This is not Star Wars, and it doesn't have to be. The prequel can work. It just has to be made by someone who cares about the story, rather than selling action figures and lego to 4 year olds.

Last edited:
So basically we are bringing back Bosworth despite the fact that she looked like she was 23 in SR... (oh yeah she was around that age) when in fact she was supposed to be playing an older woman in her mid thirties??? And now we are selling this as a prequel despite the fact that she is now in her mid-late twenties and is supposedly younger now than she was in SR? Yeah that makes a **** load of sense. Even if they recast it will just confuse people even more. And Spacey would have to be replaced as well because he's too old for a prequel. Plus the fact that we already know the outcome of the future because of a failed attempt at a decent Superman film... PLUS the fact that we are tied to the same old Donnerverse real estate Lex??? Because I don't see how Lex could have went from corporate Lex to whatever he was in SR... so yeah it makes zero sense. And I don't have to type IMO for anyone to see that logic.

Last edited:
Don't bother, he's forgotten to attach a huge IMO behind all of his comments.

-a prequel origin, with Routh, that would re-conceptualize everything in SR could work very well. A prequel Origin would severe the ties with the Donner franchise instantly. Moreover, with the ability to rewrite every SR character's history, through the prequel, there are many interesting possibilities that could be changed. 1) I'd love for a prequel to redefine Jason as a Superclone that Lex implanted in Lois through a mad scientific rape, 2)if Superman does not know his true origin (other than a spaceship) in the prequel, his motivation to leave and find krypton would make a lot of sense, given some creative writing, 3) Lex could easily be dealt with. Perhaps Lex was the evil businessman we all know and love, but that before SR Superman's interference with his plots may have driven him a little MAD.

This works better than a straight reboot(the concept, not my examples), because although SR didn't work out as well as it should have, it would be a waste of money just to throw it in the trash and forget that it never happened. A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY.

Basically what I'm saying, is a good writer could take SR (a substandard movie) and frame it between a prequel origin which would severe the vague history BS, and a post SR sequel. Between the two frames, the outlook on SR could be vastly improved. It just takes someone intelligent to sit down, and write a pre SR origin, so that the Donner franchise no longer exists in the SR continuity (replaced by the prequel origin)

lastly, we shouldn't be afraid of prequels, just because some dumbass decide to prequelize his brilliant story, and ruin it in the process. This is not Star Wars, and it doesn't have to be. The prequel can work. It just has to be made by someone who cares about the story, rather than selling action figures and lego to 4 year olds.

thank you! finally somebody else agrees with me!

I hope you Apologist realize that Superman is being REBOOTED. That means everything Singer and Routh did is being SCRAPPED.

Singer is OFF.
Routh is OFF.

Singerman is HISTORY.

I hope you Apologist realize that Superman is being REBOOTED. That means everything Singer and Routh did is being SCRAPPED.

Singer is OFF.
Routh is OFF.

Singerman is HISTORY.

Go back to SaveSuperman. You don't belong here.

You called us (SR fans) "apologist".

I NEVER ever call that word to everyone who hates/lovers. I don't like this word.

Im sorry. I would never try to offend anyone on purpose. Forgive me.

But...Im still right in saying that the franchise is being REBOOTED.

I need more info first before deciding.
However, my first reaction upon reading the article was that it's a mistake to use him in a reboot. We shall see.

Singer is OFF.
Routh is OFF.

Singerman is HISTORY.

making claims is great n' all, but making claims that are unfounded as of yet, and stating them as fact is not cool. You are not right in saying that the franchise is being rebooted, because nothing has been stated definitively in either direction. So why not discuss the topic of the thread? rather than assuming a small bit of news ,that has neither been confirmed nor disproved, is true.

and a reboot origin prequel, is still a reboot. This reboot would just provide a way to eliminate the Dooner franchise from the current continuity.

Last edited:
Isn't this thread kind of pointless since it's already anounced that they're doing a reboot?

i still don't see how its possible for spacey's lex luthor to suddenly change from having hardons over real estate to becoming head of lexcorp in one movie.

if singer had made luthor different in returns,we wouldn't have this problem.

i still don't see how its possible for spacey's lex luthor to suddenly change from having hardons over real estate to becoming head of lexcorp in one movie.

if singer had made luthor different in returns,we wouldn't have this problem.

it'd be him being the head of lexcorp changing to having hardons for real estate. easy explanation for this would be that he just simply lost his mind.

Well, first of all, it's speculation that Routh's even being considered, and if he's really being considered, then he's not nessesarilly chosen.

That said, if that's what they do, an origin with Routh, then it's not a Reboot, it's a prequel.

Question is, will you interpret a "Year One" Superman film for 2012 with a 32 year old Brandon Routh as a reboot or prequel?

Reboot, obviously. If they go for a "year one" (aka origin), that cant be prequel, since SR origin is Donner movie from 1978.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"