Your opinions on the NEXT Superman film?

supes_shoulda_look_like.jpg

Wow. This actually looks really good. This is what I'm talking about. The right suit, the right look for Routh. Yeah, this could work.

Don't do an origin, but don't make a sequel to SR

the whole thing with his super-child is dumb. Drop that and just give us another Superman story.

I'd rather take a reboot than an actual SR sequel though.

You forget that Ang Lee's Hulk and B&R left a bad taste in everybody's mouths. Alot of people didn't see the reboots because of the ****tyness of the earlier ones. It's the same reason why Spider-man 3 did so good, but in reverse. People loved Spidey2, and the promise of Venom kept people coming in. "It can't be that bad..."

So, for those reboots, it was more "it can't be that good..."

Fill the trailers with Superman beating the **** out of things and causing insane amounts of massive damage to the city while battling it out with a villain and it'll get people's asses on the seats.

Fill the trailers with Superman beating the **** out of things and causing insane amounts of massive damage to the city while battling it out with a villain and it'll get people's asses on the seats.

Yesss :woot:

If this new Superman movie gets made for 2012....that is 3 YEARS away. Will Routh stay in the public eye enough for them to bring him back? Or if everything he does fails, they will boot him for sure. Or if another suit is in charge before the production starts......do you see where i'm going? Is too many things that can happen from now to then. There is NO way Routh is 100% guaranteed to be Superman by time its finished.

2012 is way too much to wait..

Well we dont know anything for sure 100% yet at this time. We still dont know how much control dc comics have over wb on the dc films and hopefully it has changed now with more talks between the two and all that.

But we wont know what the heck is going on for the reboot untill the director and writers get revealed publically and they come out and say what their plan is and make it clear its a total reboot or if its a continuation off singers failed(in the eyes of WB) product. I know i said this a few times already but its the truth.

And really we got to remember nothing is sure yet and wont be untill filming is underway and we got photos and set reports going.

2012 is way too much to wait..

Thats for sure. Forget Superman, we'll have another Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and The avengers by then. Don't get me wrong, I have a superman desktop up right now...it's just how long have we been waiting?

They need to get this thing moving. Let Millar write it and line up a smart director who will listen to Millar. Just let millar do whatever he wants. Let him have final okay on the costume, the actors, the sets...EVERYTHING.

JUST GET IT DONE. :super:

Yea so much is still unknown about what wb and dc will be doing with this project. If routh back or isnt he back not 100% sure really. As i said a few times and sorry to repeat self, all this complete reboot/somewhat continue off singer's blunder of a film will only get cleared up once we know the writer(s) and director on the project. Then if they reveal what they are planning to do with the character and film it self. All this should then clear up on where everything is going.

Thats for sure. Forget Superman, we'll have another Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and The avengers by then. Don't get me wrong, I have a superman desktop up right now...it's just how long have we been waiting?

They need to get this thing moving. Let Millar write it and line up a smart director who will listen to Millar. Just let millar do whatever he wants. Let him have final okay on the costume, the actors, the sets...EVERYTHING.

JUST GET IT DONE. :super:
Do you trust Millar? The same writer who had a Superman look alike (Apollo) raped by a Captain America clone?

Its still unknown who is the writer and director wb has in plan for the film. Then aslo we dont know who has more say in the film he wb president or the dc comics president. We never did find out what happened with that summit talks they had to talk about the future of the dc characters in film.

Wow. This actually looks really good. This is what I'm talking about. The right suit, the right look for Routh. Yeah, this could work.

Yeah! Superman The movie part 6 does look most excellent.
I hope the WB green light the train wreck part 2 . :hehe:
I can't wait to say "I told you So" again. :cwink:

Last edited:
^^^^I am now dumber for having seen that....something important has been pushed out of my head because of that...let's keep the **** fan art in the **** fan art section please...

That is the lamest thing I have seen in quite some time.

tomwelling4supermania7cab5.jpg

lol This is actually hilarious. Not the quality, I just mean look at how happy Welling is about it and Routh looks wasted, nipple all hanging out. :woot:

:woot:​

That's Billy Batson for you...

Damn! Skippy. :cwink: :up:

^^^^I am now dumber for having seen that....something important has been pushed out of my head because of that...let's keep the **** fan art in the **** fan art section please...

Just giving my unintelligent $.02 opinion on the NEXT Superman film.

Biz1.jpg
" Me am No mean too make you am dumber "​

Last edited:
I don't think they should keep the plot they were going for...However i think Routh was amazing as superman i think he should stay there...I am not however sure about this millar (wanteds) driectors idea of a 8hr superman epic I loved reeves but i guess if they want to redo the whole thing and keep the same superman i could see it happening

Why do you think routh was great in the role, he didnt have many lines, most of them were taken directly from the first two reeve films. And he didnt have the presence or charisma reeve had as superman.

I voted for sequel. What everyone seems to forget Singer was contracted to do a triology which he started by reintroducing the characters in the first movie, setting the ground work and leaving doors open for a supervillain in the second and most proberly the mother of all superbattles in the third, to me that was his intention. As for Routh, keep him, he's in his prime now, perfect to grow into the role.

k to answer the question posted right after my post. I know that he didn't have many lines but she carried himself like Chris did and i think the next movie we will see he was the best choice for the job...and the one right below his your right singer did sign for three and he has proved he starts slow but the second one if its like the xmen films it will be fantasic

Yes they may have been signed to a multi pic deal but contracts can be broken all the time or director/actors walk away from a project. We just dont have any clean indentation what a next superman film will be. Will they gamble with singer/routh again and see if a sequel can fix the problems SR had, or throw the towl in on routh/singer and clean slate and reboot the whole thing with a new and totally different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"