Your opinions on the NEXT Superman film?

Sounds like WB is planning out the reboot with Routh. The 'Reboot with Routh' option sounds like the plan for 2012 =)

brouthsupeseu0.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/supermannews.php?id=7722

Yeah, GREAT news! Brandon Routh MUST return in the role, it belongs to him now.

Fantastic picture. Brandon Routh IS Superman. :supes:

I don't think they should keep the plot they were going for...However i think Routh was amazing as superman i think he should stay there...I am not however sure about this millar (wanteds) driectors idea of a 8hr superman epic I loved reeves but i guess if they want to redo the whole thing and keep the same superman i could see it happening

:up: Agreed.

Why do you think routh was great in the role, he didnt have many lines, most of them were taken directly from the first two reeve films. And he didnt have the presence or charisma reeve had as superman.

I'm not him/her, but I also think Routh was/is a great Superman. Why? Because he was totally believable in the role, he has a great look for the character, great presence, nice charisma, the right personality, awesome voice, can act, he understands and is a fan of the character, for instance. So, it seems we disagree with you. :o

P.S. and remember that Holly Hunter won an Oscar playing a mute in "The Piano". Acting is much more than dialogue or 'lines', you know? :cwink:

Last edited:
The picture works well, it is a better outfit, surely.

But Routh animating it makes him look like a young exec. dressing like Supes.

yea i know acting is more then speaking but to me and a good majority of superman fans and general audience who saw the film routh was a very weak link along with bonsworth as lois. They were not the best actors for the roles, and were wooden in acting and i didnt think routh had the right presence or charisma for the role. But hey we all have our own opinions.

I'd go see a sequel or a reboot as long as Routh is Supes. Also, the Reboot with or without Routh is a useless option that detracts votes and probably shouldn't be there. It should only be Reboot with Routh of just plain Reboot.

Last edited:
Reboot without Routh. Find someone who can fit Ross' image of Superman, and there you go.

A simple list:

A more charismatic Lois- ballsy even.

Red and blue suit - no maroon, thank you very much.

Action :)

No kids.

An adversary for Superman that tests his physical prowess.

No real estate schemes.

Go easy on the sombreness - the film should be bright in more aspects than just the colour palette.

Complete reboot. Donner was great, but do your own thing.

Metropolis was fine in Returns, but it should be spectacular. Make the spires a little higher, bigger, grander. It should be New York on speed.

Not really fussed either way about Routh. I liked him in Returns (the best bit from the film), but I'd happily have a recast - someone older, maybe.

Superman: Rebouth

heh, I had to say it :woot::o

Routh was a good superman, the script is what blew

A simple list:

A more charismatic Lois- ballsy even.

Red and blue suit - no maroon, thank you very much.

Action :)

No kids.

An adversary for Superman that tests his physical prowess.

No real estate schemes.

Go easy on the sombreness - the film should be bright in more aspects than just the colour palette.

Complete reboot. Donner was great, but do your own thing.

Metropolis was fine in Returns, but it should be spectacular. Make the spires a little higher, bigger, grander. It should be New York on speed.

Not really fussed either way about Routh. I liked him in Returns (the best bit from the film), but I'd happily have a recast - someone older, maybe.

I agree with all of this. Keep Routh, I do think he can do a great job given the chance. But change the damn suit, and recast Lois. The Lois I always envision is the Lois in STAS. That's the kinds thing we need to go for. A girl with spunk. Robert Zemeckis for director and there you go. :yay:

And with rebooting, it is interesting to do that with the same actor in the title role. By rebooting we don't neccassarily mean get rid of everything. Just change it's prospects and make it your own film. And don't connect it to Donner's universe an any way.

yea i know acting is more then speaking but to me and a good majority of superman fans and general audience who saw the film routh was a very weak link along with bonsworth as lois. They were not the best actors for the roles, and were wooden in acting and i didnt think routh had the right presence or charisma for the role. But hey we all have our own opinions.

That's so far from the truth, that makes me laugh actually, but if you insist, I'd like to see proof of what you're saying, yeah, cuz your opinion is not a strong argument to me. Everybody knows (well, not the people from 'savesuperman') that Brandon Routh was well liked and received in the role by the vast majority of people, including fans and the critics, and I can prove it to you if you want. So, I'm waiting for your 'proof' as in facts. :cwink:

I'd go see a sequel or a reboot as long as Routh is Supes. Also, the Reboot with or without Routh is a useless option that detracts votes and probably shouldn't be there. It should only be Reboot with Routh of just plain Reboot.

Great post, I agree with everything you said. Yeah, this poll is actually horrible and weird. It is as if they trying so hard to convince WB that a reboot is what everybody wants.

Last edited:
yea i know acting is more then speaking but to me and a good majority of superman fans and general audience who saw the film routh was a very weak link along with bonsworth as lois.
You and the 15 guys on the SaveSuperman boards are not a "good majority of superman fans".
You even admitted you don't read DC comics, come on...

That is completely opposite of the truth and you know it.

Please no more reboots. Everyone already knows the story about Superman. Move on.

That is completely opposite of the truth and you know it.

Exactly. The whole thing was terrible :D

Last edited:
They need to get away from all the Savior and Holier-Than-Thou imagery and themes and just work on humanizing him and making him somebody that the audience can connect to.

They need to get away from all the Savior and Holier-Than-Thou imagery and themes and just work on humanizing him and making him somebody that the audience can connect to.

How can any audience relate to an alien that is perfect physically and mentally, that doesn't lie, can fly, has superforce and likes to help everybody?

That's impossible. :oldrazz:

Keep Tarantino's perspective, get a Ross' Superman type, and make him do what he knows best with all that power.

And against Brainiac. And with Lois Lane (a good one this time) and without a baby lurking around.

What they NEED is someone who can write an amazing script, the entire casting was FINE. The script is what made the movie weak not the actors, even the BEST actors cant save a movie from total failure if the script blows. Sorry. Dont worry about whose playing what, worry about whose writing what.

Please no more reboots. Everyone already knows the story about Superman. Move on.

Exactly. The whole was terrible :D

We knew the story about batman to, whats your point?

As long as they keep Brandon (and Bryan), I personally don't really care what they do. I don't think a "darker" Superman works, but that's WB's problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"