Civil War Winter is Coming - The Bucky Barnes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed his hand isn't metal, but man, I'm so stoked for Bucky's return.

The photo may be Sabastian training for a scene; it didn't say that he's suited up in the picture.

The photo may be Sabastian training for a scene; it didn't say that he's suited up in the picture.
I'd say this is the case. They rarely practiced with the metal on TWS so I suspect this is either fight training or a rehearsal/walkthrough.

tumblr_n3orjcikqX1qzxp8ao2_1280.png

tumblr_n3orjcikqX1qzxp8ao1_1280.png

Nightcall: A Winter Soldier Mix

anyone hear anything about sebestian stan filming his scene? can't wait to see his new suit.

No all we know is that he posted a photo of him filming on Instagram about a week ago. That is it

I can not wait to see set photos of Seb as Bucky! He's my most anticipated character in Civil War.

I hope he gets a good bit of focus in this.

Unfortunately that image is very old: from the filming of Winter Soldier. I saw it earlier on IG and got super excited until I discovered the truth

Unfortunately that image is very old: from the filming of Winter Soldier. I saw it earlier on IG and got super excited until I discovered the truth

My bad. Someone was passing it off as a Civil War photo.

Yea I got tricked into believing that too the first time I saw it

I remember SebStan saying in an interview during the TWS press tour that he wanted to fight Iron Man. I say bring it on!

let-them-fight.jpg

But seriously, I sure hope that he has at least some sort of physical conflict with the Avengers; he is still nothing you would call a hero!

I don't see him fighting the Avengers in this one. Why would he? He might be an anti-hero at this point, taking out HYDRA officials or whatever he's been doing for two years, but that wouldn't put him at odds with the Avengers. And technically he has already fought Widow, Falcon, and Cap in TWS, which is half the current Avengers roster. I can see him fighting on Cap's side when everything goes to hell, which would put him at odds with whichever current/ex-Avengers join Tony's team, of course.

In doing so it would solidify the fact that he is still not a full and complete hero; he still has a lot of uncertainty and confusion inside of him

I just got super excited just seeing it now and am now disappointed. I hate trollers :cmad:

In doing so it would solidify the fact that he is still not a full and complete hero; he still has a lot of uncertainty and confusion inside of him

Meh. It's been two years (give or take a few months) since HYDRA went down. I'm sure he's made some progress in either remembering who he is or learning about the world he's a part of now. I wouldn't like him to be pitted against the good guys again.

Meh. It's been two years (give or take a few months) since HYDRA went down. I'm sure he's made some progress in either remembering who he is or learning about the world he's a part of now. I wouldn't like him to be pitted against the good guys again.

He could still be wanted as a fugitive though, and then there is the issue of if he killed the Starks. He will be still off balanced and just not want to be brought in, even if it's just for questioning. Or, he may feel that he doesn't know who to trust. I mean, we found out HYDRA and SHIELD were almost one and the same. If even Cap said to him to come in, he may be hesitant to do that, not wanting to come under anyone's heel again.

He could still be wanted as a fugitive though, and then there is the issue of if he killed the Starks. He will be still off balanced and just not want to be brought in, even if it's just for questioning. Or, he may feel that he doesn't know who to trust. I mean, we found out HYDRA and SHIELD were almost one and the same. If even Cap said to him to come in, he may be hesitant to do that, not wanting to come under anyone's heel again.

Oh, no, I totally think he'll be wanted! Bucky will definitely be on the run from the authorities and whatever is left of SHIELD. I meant that I don't want him to be pitted against the Avengers as if he were still an antagonist. Now, yes, Stark will absolutely treat him as if he is a fully-functioning villain who never lost his agency to HYDRA. However, Stark isn't a current Avenger (we'll have to see if he's still 'retired' come Civil War) and has the right to be biased given his parents' deaths and all.

Seeing Bucky at odds with the whole team (i.e. actively fighting with the team) isn't the same as having trust issues - which I think he'll have in spades. But he's already been the villain once. We don't need him to be another active threat in an already crammed-pack movie.

Besides, TWS made an effort to paint Bucky as a victim. That much trauma and torture would make the strongest man more than a little off kilter. I think it's guaranteed that we will see both sides of the 'is Bucky a villain or victim?' argument via Cap's and Tony's attitudes towards him. But this is Cap's movie... which side do you think Bucky's behavior in Civil War will support? Probably not the position of the antagonist (aka Tony).

Since it has been a while since TWS..and he hasn't gone through those "brain washing" procedure since..I believe he has slowly regain his old memories. .he is the "good" guy now..

he may not want to come in to help Steve if steve reach for him. why? maybe guilt issues? he kills lot of good ppl during his hydra's days... just a thought :)

Since it has been a while since TWS..and he hasn't gone through those "brain washing" procedure since..I believe he has slowly regain his old memories. .he is the "good" guy now..

he may not want to come in to help Steve if steve reach for him. why? maybe guilt issues? he kills lot of good ppl during his hydra's days... just a thought :)

Yeah, he might not be the squeaky-clean hero that Cap is - he never was - but he's not a baddie. The poor guy has to be dealing with major guilt and probably a healthy dose of self-loathing. You're right, maybe he's avoiding Steve because of all the red in his ledger. There's a fantastic potential to explore Bucky's "goodness" (or lack thereof) and his and Steve's relationship in Civil War. I'm hoping his interactions with Steve don't get shoved to the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"