Civil War Winter is Coming - The Bucky Barnes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if someone has already addressed this, but has there ever been an explanation as to why Bucky didnt show any powers during TFA ? Supposedly he gained powers during his capture by Hydra, but if so, why didnt they manifest ? I cant imagine he wouldnt have noticed.

Apologies if someone has already addressed this, but has there ever been an explanation as to why Bucky didnt show any powers during TFA ? Supposedly he gained powers during his capture by Hydra, but if so, why didnt they manifest ? I cant imagine he wouldnt have noticed.
There hasn't been anything officially said.

My personal headcanon (so feel free to disregard it if you want, I don't mind), is that because Zola's version of the serum was (likely) an inferior form of the serum (probably based off of samples taken from Red Skull) it's effects on Bucky didn't 'kick in' immediately. That either it was active only *just enough* to allow him to survive the fall (and then Zola gave him additional serum during his subsequent transformation into the Winter Soldier). Or else it took the shock and trauma of the fall from the train to kick start Zola's version of the serum into gear.

Again, that's just my personal speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"