The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noobish question here...

How do I request a gif avatar made? I tried sending Kane a PM with my request and a youtube of the video I want the avvy made from but he hasn't responded and I was wondering if there was a better way to make a request.

Is it just me or has there not been a lot of promotion for TASM? I've only seen literally two tv spots. I saw one on Nick at Night and the other was a twizzlers commercial. Maybe I just haven't caught them? I usually watch kids channels like Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. I also watch DVR recordings at certain times of the day, so I skip the commercials. But I've seen toy commercials for the Avengers on channels like them. Can't remember if I've seen tv spots for the movie itself during the day though. I've seen TASM toys at my local Walmart, but I don't know if there was anything there would be commercials for. And I remember that there was tv spots for SM2 and 3 on kids channels [can't remember if there was tv spots for the first movie there too], so it's weird that there wouldn't be tv spots there for TASM. I've also recently watched TBS and FX, but I haven't seen any tv spots there either. Then again, I usually only watch TBS to watch Family Guy, but not all the time and these days, I only watch FX if there's nothing I want to watch on the channels I usually watch. Maybe there's numerous tv spots and I just haven't seen them, but if it's not just me, it's strange that there's not a lot of promotion going into a movie that less than three weeks away.

Edit: Just now remembered there was a fried chicken commercial or something for TASM. Still it doesn't seem like there's much promotion going into the movie.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has there not been a lot of promotion for TASM? I've only seen literally two tv spots. I saw one on Nick at Night and the other was a twizzlers commercial. Maybe I just haven't caught them? I usually watch kids channels like Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. I also watch DVR recordings at certain times of the day, so I skip the commercials. But I've seen toy commercials for the Avengers on channels like them. Can't remember if I've seen tv spots for the movie itself during the day though. I've seen TASM toys at my local Walmart, but I don't know if there was anything there would be commercials for. And I remember that there was tv spots for SM2 and 3 on kids channels [can't remember if there was tv spots for the first movie there too], so it's weird that there wouldn't be tv spots there for TASM. I've also recently watched TBS and FX, but I haven't seen any tv spots there either. Then again, I usually only watch TBS to watch Family Guy, but not all the time and these days, I only watch FX if there's nothing I want to watch on the channels I usually watch. Maybe there's numerous tv spots and I just haven't seen them, but if it's not just me, it's strange that there's not a lot of promotion going into a movie that less than three weeks away.

Edit: Just now remembered there was a fried chicken commercial or something for TASM. Still it doesn't seem like there's much promotion going into the movie.

I gotta disagree gwendy. I've seen ads during the finals, when I'm watching mad men and during baseball games. That Carl's jr ad runs all of the time to the point I'm sick of it now and the twizzlers commercial. I've seen something at least once a day

Yeah, I can definitely understand why guys weren't fans of Wayne..I love the first Carter..it's a dope album and he's really spitting..after that, he seemed to be down for the count to me, minus some spurts on his mixtapes here and there. And yeah, that greatest rapper alive comment is crazy..too many dudes still breathing for that. If you want to say you're the best doing it? Ok, I disagree but ok I can let that slide but the best alive? Nah. Just because a lot of dudes aren't putting out music right now doesn't mean their catalogue isn't around anymore

If he wanted to even say "One of the greatest rappers out there.", I'd just brush it off, but....that's being a *****e way before even Kanye became one and it was "cool" to be a *****e, lol. Just decided right there to not even try a be a fan of Wayne.

No.

That's all you give me credit for?

Yah...can't stand the cookie-cutter alternative rock music.

He dissed Lupe :cmad:

Not his music, just that he's being fake with him riding his skateboard and all. But, I've heard that complaint for years about him.

I beg to differ. I see TV Spots all the time and it looks like we have similar taste in channes. I also see ads for the toy mask and web shooter. I've also seen the Hardees commercial which is funny because the only Hardees I've ever seen were near my grandma's house which is 3 hours away.

I've seen TV Spots for TASM like over 10 times now. If anything, TDKR should step up their advertising.

I've seen TV Spots for TASM like over 10 times now. If anything, TDKR should step up their advertising.

Not really. I've seen plenty enough TDKR TV spots(especially on ESPN), at least six and WB released so many posters of the movie. If they need to step it up, they will do so a couple weeks before the release, just as how Sony is releasing more videos.

Noobish question here...

How do I request a gif avatar made? I tried sending Kane a PM with my request and a youtube of the video I want the avvy made from but he hasn't responded and I was wondering if there was a better way to make a request.

what youtube vid are you trying to get it made from?

I don't watch ESPN. :dry:

Then that's not really TDKR's fault in not stepping up the advertising, lol.

Yeah lol. Just wondering, are you a fan of Lupe?

Yah, I do. The first time I heard about him was during his appearance on One Tree Hill, haha, and I really became a fan of his, then started to listen to his mixtapes and what have you. I even like his music outside of hip-hop such as his band.

I love Lu, just not a fan of Lasers at all..hopefully his new one redeems him because Lasers..geez, talk about letting me down

I get the criticism of way too many choruses and hooks that Lasers have, but I actually really enjoy the CD.

Then that's not really TDKR's fault in not stepping up the advertising, lol.

Yah, I do. The first time I heard about him was during his appearance on One Tree Hill, haha, and I really became a fan of his, then started to listen to his mixtapes and what have you. I even like his music outside of hip-hop such as his band.

I get the criticism of way too many choruses and hooks that Lasers have, but I actually really enjoy the CD.

His band is very dope. I just couldn't get into Lasers though. I liked tracks but for me, I need to like a majority or all to say I'm really into it. Food and Liquor 2 better live up to the title

His band is very dope. I just couldn't get into Lasers though. I liked tracks but for me, I need to like a majority or all to say I'm really into it. Food and Liquor 2 better live up to the title

I remember before Lasers, he was going to do Food and Liquor 2 and have a trilogy of CDs under that name then he'll "retire" from hip-hop and focus on his band...that never happened, haha.

I remember before Lasers, he was going to do Food and Liquor 2 and have a trilogy of CDs under that name then he'll "retire" from hip-hop and focus on his band...that never happened, haha.

Yeah LUP END..he was ready to leave it all behind then he caught whiff of MTV's hottest MC's list one year, saw he wasn't on it and he got in his feelings..either that or the money is just too good..either way, he's too nice to just stop rapping but by all means, if he doesn't have the fire or passion anymore, don't keep going. I don't want him to become another Prodigy

I love Lu, just not a fan of Lasers at all..hopefully his new one redeems him because Lasers..geez, talk about letting me down
I don't dislike songs in Lasers, but at this point I think it might be my least favorite. Lasers was actually the first album of his I bought, but I heard his popular songs like superstar before I started buying his albums. My favorite song is probably fighters, even though the best parts of that song is Mathew Santos and the beat IMO. That is pretty much the only song I can put on repeat and listen to for a whole car ride.

superheroes-batman-superman-rhinos-turn.jpg
That's awesome :funny:

I gotta disagree gwendy. I've seen ads during the finals, when I'm watching mad men and during baseball games. That Carl's jr ad runs all of the time to the point I'm sick of it now and the twizzlers commercial. I've seen something at least once a day

I beg to differ. I see TV Spots all the time and it looks like we have similar taste in channes. I also see ads for the toy mask and web shooter. I've also seen the Hardees commercial which is funny because the only Hardees I've ever seen were near my grandma's house which is 3 hours away.
So TheSpectacular, do you watch Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network? I watch those and TeenNick frequently, but except for that one time on Nick At Night, I have not seen anything there. Do they show up frequently when you're watching? I also pause live tv when I need to go do other things, then skip through the commercials. I only saw the twizzlers commercial cause the other day, my mom and I were about to go walking, I was waiting for her to get ready and the tv was still on. I did see the Hardees commercial [I think it was] a couple times, but I don't know what channel it was on cause I saw it at a restaurant and a bar. I just thought I'd be seeing commercials all the time by now, but I haven't so far. Maybe they're there, but I just don't see them when I'm watching?

I don't dislike songs in Lasers, but at this point I think it might be my least favorite. Lasers was actually the first album of his I bought, but I heard his popular songs like superstar before I started buying his albums. My favorite song is probably fighters, even though the best parts of that song is Mathew Santos and the beat IMO. That is pretty much the only song I can put on repeat and listen to for a whole car ride.

Paris, Tokyo is my favorite lupe track. Love it love everything about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"