Wizard World Philly

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by euroq, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Sabretooth Registered

Because saying ''No suprises or entertainment and 100% BS is comin' your way true believers!'' won't give Joey Q the Ka-Ching needed for his donuts :(

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Sure, it's petty. So? I prefer the Captain Britain who has one foot in Avalon and one foot in the multiverse, not the Captain Britain who's relegated to being a random face in a sea of mutants.

Also, his Nazi pants suck. The rest of the costume is cool, but those pants... let the Nazi look die. :(

3. euroq Registered

Another report from the X-Men panel:

4. Muze Registered

can we change the law so that i can punch Quesada in the face? he manages to piss me off whenever he opens that gaping maw of his. he calls Colossus' return poignant? buh-whuhhh?? that's his example of an exception to 'dead is dead.' how is there an exception to an absolute statement like that anyways?

fair enough. but from what i remember, he had one foot firmly in Avalon and that's that. he wasn't going to appear anymore unless it was some giant see-through apparition. how boring is that? sounds to me like he's leading this new team. that's not being a random face. i could do without the mutants but oh well. if it's just his costume you're ragging on, i can agree with that. i didn't mind his costume in the last Excalibur mini or his original costume. and since when do Nazis own a fashion?

5. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

So, Joe Q's response to the fact that Wolverine is overexposed by appearing in his own comic, New Avengers, every X-title, and many, many guest appearances is that he doesn't play a big role in X-Men: The End? What the hell kind of answer is that? :confused:

Also, "New" is not an adjective that's just like "Amazing" or "Incredible." It's trite and it becomes dated after like 10 issues. Plus, it loses all of its meaning if everything Marvel publishes features a "New" before it.

In all likelihood I won't be reading New Excalibur anyway, so Captain Britain's presence doesn't really bother me that much. Just seems like they're squandering him in the muddled X-universe when they could've put out a few more minis like the last Excalibur one, focusing on the Arthurian and multiverse aspects of the character.

6. roach I am the night

but how do you know the New series doesnt have the Arthurian aspects to it.....

7. Marcdachamp Registered

Well, I'm excited for New Excaliber. **** dude, Nocturne and Juggy? Sign me up!

The Exiles info is pretty kick ass. I might have to start reading it.

8. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

If it does, I will be pleasantly surprised and take it all back, same as I did for Young Avengers. But it doesn't look like it's focusing on Arthurian stuff at the moment, considering the rest of the cast, the fact that it's supposed to deal with repercussions from House of M, a mutant-centric story, and the fact that it's being written by Claremont, who's pretty much only concerned with the little X-corner of Marvel.

9. euroq Registered

10. masteryoda Registered

If it's on the computernet then it must be true. ;)

I'd love to see the New U again. I'd rather a MAX limited series but I'll take what I can get. :)

11. euroq Registered

Yes. :mad: :)

[/font]

12. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Looking forward to those Young Avengers issues. Backstories ahoy!
    Spidey's House of M costume looks damn spiffy on that Finch cover. Mayhew's new Pulse cover doesn't really look as striking as the previous one, but whatever. Gotta avoid the lawsuits.

13. Invincible Registered

The New Excalibur kind of looks Interesting to me so I’m going to have to check it out

14. euroq Registered

15. euroq Registered

And JMS Q & A:

16. Sabretooth Registered

Can't wait for Moon Knight in 2006

17. twinkle Registered

This Spidey stuffs sounds good. :D

Maybe we'll see Spider-Man: The End by Jms someday, but I really don't want Peter to die in it. Give him a happy ending.

18. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Maybe his happy ending will come before that. He could retire from superheroing and live to a ripe old age, then something happens and he's gotta put on the webs one more time. That'd be ok by me.

The tabloid stuff and the Aunt May/Jarvis relationship does sound pretty good. I really hope JR Jr. is back on ASM by then though. I just enjoy ASM less when Deodato's penciling it for some reason. :(

19. twinkle Registered

I agree, JR Jr is sorely missed.

I know he's doing that Sentry mini with Paul Jenkins but JR jr has to be the fastest penciler in the biz so that shouldn't prevent him from returning to ASM.

Make it happen Marvel!! :mad:

20. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

It's funny, JR Jr.'s basically an average-speed penciler for his era. He was cranking out Spider-Man and Thor comics simultaneously for a while, but it got to be too much for him so he dropped one while other artists from his day could pencil 2 or 3 monthlies at the same time consistently with only the odd fill-in now and then. But now he's considered one of the most efficient artists in the business because he's working alongside Marvel's new crop of artists, almost all of whom are horribly slow. :o

21. twinkle Registered

Sure, when compared to the artists of the past decades he isn't that fast. I don't think slow artists are solely Marvel's problem though, DC has plenty of them too. The difference is DC is more prone to use fill-in artists and maybe they also solicit their comics more carefully than Marvel so it only seems their books are less late.

22. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Maybe. Marvel has this totally unfounded fear of fill-in artists though, like it's some cardinal sin to give an artist a breather by having a fill-in cover an issue or two. I can understand why they don't want to use them on The Ultimates or Supreme Power or anything; those are Millar/Hitch and JMS/Frank's babies, respectively. But come on, if an artist is lagging behind on a comic, throw another artist in. Marvel's list of shipping changes would probably let up quite a bit if they did that more often.

23. roach I am the night

whoa..they're gonna try MK....please please please dont mess this up

24. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

The Spidey and FF stuff sound great!

Very curious as to which Marvel character is being considered for a tv series. I've heard Cloak & Dagger, as well as Brother VooDoo the past few years, and Ant Man and Morbius more recently...

Thanks Euroq (SuperHeroHype's star reporter!)

25. euroq Registered

Supreme Power tv series could be interesting. :)