Wolf Pack on Paramount+: Buffy the Werewolf Slayer?

Sithborg

Pretty in pink
Reaction score

From the creators of Teen Wolf, comes a new werewolf show. Looks to be similar prosthetics so far, but a tad bloodier. And they were coy as SDCC about connections to Teen Wolf.

But Sarah Michelle Gellar is in, so **** it, I'm in.

Love SMG and Rodrigo Santoro but this unfortunately doesn’t look particularly good. Might just be the trailer but all the stuff with the teens looks really bland.

I mean, its from the guy who did Teen Wolf, so adjust expectations appropriately.

Only 11 days away and I haven't heard this even existed until now.
The only names I recognize are Gellar and Pietz, but that's enough that I'll at least check it out.

Ill check it out because of SMG but i dont have faith in this. From the same team as Teen Wolf i think. SMG and her projects....always so frustrating

If they have an actual budget for actual creature makeup, than maybe.

But god damn, I do not want to go through various shades of cgi eye color and glue on claws.

I just watched the first episode and it was fairly good.
Not the best show I've watched recently, but I liked it well enough and can see potential in it.
Definitely worth checking out more episodes.

I wonder if SMG is part of the main cast, IMDB shows 8 episodes, but none of the actors are listed at more than 3 episodes yet. SMG does have the "and" credit which bodes well.

So far, interesting differences than Teen Wolf lore. So there's that at least. Still, side eying the use of glowing eyes again.

It's extremely generic. The biggest reason I even watch is a 2min glimpse of SMG and the gay werewolf.

Thus far all SMG does is come in "i have questions".

Sad that she can't use her time on BTVS to influence the writers to flesh out these high school students lives more like Buffy did in S1-3.

This is pretty lame so far and seems like a complete waste of SMG. We are three episodes in, and her character still hasn't done much except ask questions which is just boring IMO.

Now, maybe I went into this with the wrong mindset since I've never watched the Teen Wolf show, but when you have SMG in a show like this I was at least hoping for a little bit of that BTVS feel.

The CGI werewolf is bad enough, but if this is just going to be a bunch of teen melodrama on top of that with some random attacks here and there than I might just have to drop it.

At least the actress playing Luna is gorgeous to look at it though.

This is pretty lame so far and seems like a complete waste of SMG. We are three episodes in, and her character still hasn't done much except ask questions which is just boring IMO.

Now, maybe I went into this with the wrong mindset since I've never watched the Teen Wolf show, but when you have SMG in a show like this I was at least hoping for a little bit of that BTVS feel.

The CGI werewolf is bad enough, but if this is just going to be a bunch of teen melodrama on top of that with some random attacks here and there than I might just have to drop it.

At least the actress playing Luna is gorgeous to look at it though.

Once again.... [points to creators of Teen Wolf]

The pacing of the show so far is rough. I'm liking that the core 4 are now finally together and interacting more. That makes it a bit better. It however lacks the humor that Teen Wolf had to make it much more enjoyable than its quality would suggest.

I'm still on for the season, but the pacing is a bit annoying.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"