Wolverine And Jean. Hmmmm

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by EmmaFrostRules, May 17, 2006.

1. EmmaFrostRules Waiting for May 26th...

Does anyone apart from me find it strange that Wolverine get's knocked out by rogues powers in X!, when all he get's in X3 are some random burns that regenerate? I really don't buy this at all... Cyclops should have been the one that brings Jean round and takes her home. Grrr im mad now

2. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

All i know is that this topic is gonna turn bad...

-stays out of it-

:o

3. EmmaFrostRules Waiting for May 26th...

^^^luckily im off to bed in a min so i don't have to watch the massacre lol. But seriously Wolverine should be friggin burnt to a cinder by jean.

4. Knightsaber Priss Lone Wolf

Well, maybe Jean's good side was preventing her from charring him real good by using her mental powers to shield him.

5. EmmaFrostRules Waiting for May 26th...

Accoridng to the guys that saw it, she was giving him all she has....and it still couldn't take him down. This sucks. Night y'all

6. JokerNick Registered

you just poured a crap loud of gasoline, and many people in here play with fire, so I'm going to stand back and get out of here before this thread ingnites........

7. CapBeerCino Registered

Stop being darama queens everybody! All that's going to happen is that the thread will be merged with the Jeean/Logan one :p

8. Ahura Mazda Registered

I have to agree with you, but hey it i in line with everything else. Did you NOT KNOW wOLVERINE IS THE MOST POWERFUL MUTANT OUT THERE. *being sarcastic*

9. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

um no... Jean is more powerful. If she wanted to, she could easily bust Wolverine's ass. ... meh:o

10. ororoandme Storm Incarnate

Ugh...i hate it when Wolverine is treated God like...it's ridiculous!!! We know that there are mutants who could easily wipe the floor with him in a couple of seconds!

11. tirminyl Registered

^^Like they have done in every movie?

12. TigerClaw Mutant Tiger

Keep in mind folks that the whole Wolverine and Jean Grey thing is nothing new, Its been around in the comics for a while. a couple of years ago, there was this major storyline that temporarily change the timeline of all the X-Men comics, This story took place in a world without Prof X as he was accidently killed in the past, Magneto formed the X-Men in honor of Prof X cause what happened to him in the past was long before Magneto turned his back on humanity. Anyways, One of the comics affected by this storyline was the Wolverine comics and it was temporarily called Weapon X, It was Wolverine and Jean Grey together and as a couple.

13. The Guard Registered

Pay attention to concepts, because this is important.

Phoenix is about evolution. As such, her powers
    can essentially be used to evolve anyone else's powers to an uncontrollable level. According to reviews, this is how she kills Cyclops and Xavier. She gives them too much power to handle. In Wolverine's case, it is counterproductive, because the power she is amping up is his HEALING ABILITY (hence the insanely rapid healing as she tries to kill him). When she's trying to kill him, she's also ramping up his power level, so he's HEALING faster.

14. PikaZeroX Registered

I'm glad you pulled that explanation out of your ass, considering she's frying everything around her. All those human soldiers and vehicles turning to dust must've been too much power amplification.

Regardless, I'm sure Simon and Zak will borrow this explanation.

15. Moriarte Registered

Please PPOR concerning Pheonix's 'mutant amping' abilities. I do not recall that ability as part of her abilities in the comix.

Secondly, even if that were true, that concept does not appear to be transmitted to the audience. What the audience WILL see is Jean using her telekinesis hard-core, but not being able to stop Wolverine-not the former.

16. Kurosawa Registered

In the comics, it was once said that the power of Phoenix was second only to the creator.

In the movie, Wolverine takes direct blasts from the Phoenix and fights through it, killing her.

Ergo, Wolverine > Phoenix.

So Wolverine must be God.

:rolleyes:

17. PhoenixRising Registered

They better have a ****ING good explanation for why Wolverine is turned into ***** dust by Phoenix.

18. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

-laughs in the background- mauahahaha. :o

19. The Guard Registered

She can also lift things with her mind. Does that mean she has no more powers? She uses DIFFERENT powers in the film.I believe Magneto says "But you...you can do anything you can think of". And she can.

Since they came up with it, and it's apparently in the novel...

It's not.

That's how the novel explained it, and how the movie supposedly will show it. Why else do you think Logan is RAPIDLY being injured and healing? He doesn't heal THAT fast.
    I'm pretty sure she could stop him if she wanted to. She clearly doesn't want to.

20. cyke93 Registered

Wolverine And Jean .. throws up a little bit

21. Boiiinng Demigod

The fact that Jean is still in there and cries out for Wolvie to kill her may be enough to convince audiences that she's consciously holding back Pheonix's powers on Wolvie so that he can get near enough to finish it.

22. Radagast_Prime I Hate You.

I really hope there is an explantion for that, other than Wolvy is just that awsome.:o

23. tirminyl Registered

Even if there is an explanation, fanboys and general audience will leave the theatre saying "Damn, Wolverine is really that bad ass." And THAT pisses me off more than anything. She could have just commited suicide. That would have been better, but what can you expect from X-Man 3: Wolverine's Last Stand.

24. Asteroid-Man Registered

makes sense to me

25. Don Corleone Consigliere

ive never thought of it like that...very interesting!