Wolverine And Jean. Hmmmm

Moriarte said:
Please PPOR concerning Pheonix's 'mutant amping' abilities. I do not recall that ability as part of her abilities in the comics.

Secondly, even if that were true, that concept does not appear to be transmitted to the audience. What the audience WILL see is Jean using her telekinesis hard-core, but not being able to stop Wolverine-not the former.

When she attacked Mastermind in the comics, she gave him a god-like power he couldn't handle and fried his mind...So there is comicbook precedent....

I will agree though that the audience won't be aware of the power-amping, unless it's mentioned in dialogue...

I don't like that idea....i just watched the dark phoenix saga today....and dude......they really did not stay faithful to the comics. She wipes an entire sun in a matter of seconds....completely destroys it...and yet wolverine lives to fight another fight. wotever lol.

X-Maniac said:
When she attacked Mastermind in the comics, she gave him a god-like power he couldn't handle and fried his mind...So there is comicbook precedent....

I will agree though that the audience won't be aware of the power-amping, unless it's mentioned in dialogue...

she just shows him the totality of existence. Its not really amping his powers.

The Guard said:
Pay attention to concepts, because this is important.

Phoenix is about evolution. As such, her powers
can essentially be used to evolve anyone else's powers to an uncontrollable level. According to reviews, this is how she kills Cyclops and Xavier. She gives them too much power to handle. In Wolverine's case, it is counterproductive, because the power she is amping up is his HEALING ABILITY (hence the insanely rapid healing as she tries to kill him). When she's trying to kill him, she's also ramping up his power level, so he's HEALING faster.

Phoenix doesnt ramp up other peoples powers generally. Never seen it happen in the comics.

Wolverine bashing to the EXTREME.

There is alot of good points, and all the others are just random bs for those who are hating whats turning out. Actually ive heard about the power amping that the phoneix has. Yet, it does turn my stomach that Cyclops is out of the picture in this movie quickly. The love of Jean Grey life, is simply just a stepping stone.

Futhermore, don't give up to quickly, because Wolverine is quite a powerful opponent then we give him credit for. Despise all the crap we have given him over the years (especially all the stuff ive said). The power amping is a pretty credible development into how the dialouge is developing. This will be a pretty exciting movie, and I suggest everyone to go see X3 like you never been on these boards before.

Free your mind from the anger.

im not angry, i just dont understand. i think those who have seen the special screening havent seen the whoel film. didnt someone say the film was 2 hrs and 15 mins, but the people who watched the film said ti was more like 1 hr 50 mins thats like an extra 25 mins. ALOT of stuff can be covvered in that space of time. i dunno, maybe im making it up to make myself feel better, but like others i really think the theatrical version will be different.

EmmaFrostRules said:
Does anyone apart from me find it strange that Wolverine get's knocked out by rogues powers in X!, when all he get's in X3 are some random burns that regenerate? I really don't buy this at all... Cyclops should have been the one that brings Jean round and takes her home. Grrr im mad now

Didnt you know wolverine is stronger than the the living tribunal in fact rumour has it his TOAA:eek:

At least in his fanboys wet dreams;)

It does amuse me how some act as though this attraction with wolverine and jean is purely an invention of the movies. If i remember, its always been in the comics, in TAS and so on. It is a pure, animal attraction. Its lust. its the same reason some women i know have an attraction to Vic mackey/Michael Chicklis. animal lust.
so her having an attraction to him isnt such an evil thought

Since when did Phoenix become Cortez? The Phoenix Force amps the person it takes over but no one else. Therefore, her amping other people is stupid.

FieryBalrog said:
Phoenix doesnt ramp up other peoples powers generally. Never seen it happen in the comics.

There is an issue where (I think) Rachel Summers' psi-power is used to boost Storm's power, resulting in global hyper-storms.

EmmaFrostRules said:
I don't like that idea....i just watched the dark phoenix saga today....and dude......they really did not stay faithful to the comics. She wipes an entire sun in a matter of seconds....completely destroys it...and yet wolverine lives to fight another fight. wotever lol.

Okay 'dude'... well, movie Phoenix was never going to wipe an entire sun in seconds...so get that idea out of your mind. This is not planet-snacking Phoenix.

X-Maniac said:
Okay 'dude'... well, movie Phoenix was never going to wipe an entire sun in seconds...so get that idea out of your mind. This is not planet-snacking Phoenix.

No, she just disintegrates people and objects.

I am tired of people picking on Wolverine/Jeans relationship. You make it sound like she only loved Scott aka Cyclops. Why he has a short role is simple? He wasn't able to put alot of time in x-3 because of superman returns.
I am a Wolverine/Jean Grey shipper and also a Wolverine/Storm shipper.

My point is that Jean really cares for logan and she feels guilty for those feelings. I think its her mixed emotions that caused the Pheonix to become unstable. I think t is fitting that Wolverine be there for Cyclopse is to big a girl to kill her. Phoenix wants to die and Wolverine is the only one who loved her enough to honor her wishes.

BloodyWolverine said:
My point is that Jean really cares for logan and she feels guilty for those feelings. I think its her mixed emotions that caused the Pheonix to become unstable. I think t is fitting that Wolverine be there for Cyclopse is to big a girl to kill her. Phoenix wants to die and Wolverine is the only one who loved her enough to honor her wishes.

It is not Phoenix that wishes to die, but that part that is still Jean. And she knows Wolverine/Logan is the one for the job, always. In the comics it seems to me, Scott and everyone else wanted to "help" (save) her, like they could, but how do you help someone or something that has grown / evolved to be so powerful that a thought can be/is turned into action? Her slightest whim can destroy or save the world?

Perhaps if Prof X had slowly released her and let the 2 personalities merge over time, she wouldn't have to be a psycho split personality reveling in her lust for the extreme. Truly I would like to see the merged version down the road in a movie if they ever do any more. (Always Jean/Always Phoenix)
my 2 cents worth.:eek:

BloodyWolverine said:
I think t is fitting that Wolverine be there for Cyclopse is to big a girl to kill her. Phoenix wants to die and Wolverine is the only one who loved her enough to honor her wishes.

...:eek:...OH NO HE DIDN'T! *starts to take off earings and pumps* SOMEBODY TELL ME THIS BOY DIDN'T JUST SAY WHAT I THINK HE SAID!

Savage said:
...:eek:...OH NO HE DIDN'T! *starts to take off earings and pumps* SOMEBODY TELL ME THIS BOY DIDN'T JUST SAY WHAT I THINK HE SAID!
Awe yes i did. I admit it folks i hate Cyclopse. Even when i watched the cartoons. Without his eye he has no real dangerous quality. Wolverine may get whooped badly but he always gets back up for more. Cyclops could not handle the physical thrashings Wolverine handles. I admit i am a Wolverine, Gambit, and Collosus fan. I think they are the coolest mutants bedsides Beast. Who is my top fave?

BloodyWolverine said:
Awe yes i did. I admit it folks i hate Cyclopse. Even when i watched the cartoons. Without his eye he has no real dangerous quality. Wolverine may get whooped badly but he always gets back up for more. Cyclops could not handle the physical thrashings Wolverine handles. I admit i am a Wolverine, Gambit, and Collosus fan. I think they are the coolest mutants bedsides Beast. Who is my top fave?

And Wolverine without his claws is less than nothing, considering how he gets his butt handed to him with them. Cyclops can more than handle himself in hand to hand combat like Wolverine of course he cant be ripped limb from limb and regenerate in a split second like the almighty Wolverine.

I admit it, I have a 15 year hatred of Wolverine.

BloodyWolverine said:
Wolverine is my favorite X-man and Cyclops is my second but I know their places on the team and what they are and aren't capable of. Cyclops is much more than eye beams. There is a reason that no-one has been able to surpass him as leader of the X-men and there is a reason that he was made the headmaster in Xavier's absense. To add to that, he can and HAS whooped Wolverine's ass repeatedly because he doesn't HAVE to touch him. Call it an unfair advantage if you want but it works. To add to that he is one of the best hand to hand fighters on the team this side of Wolverine, Beast, and Storm. The best strategist this side of Captain America. He is overall the second toughest X-men, only second to Wolverine. He doesn't need to drink beer and belch and fart to be cool. He's cool because he is a combat machine...Even Wolverine respects him....Powers do not make the character guys.

BloodyWolverine said:
Without his eye he has no real dangerous quality. Wolverine may get whooped badly but he always gets back up for more. Cyclops could not handle the physical thrashings Wolverine handles.
0000csdp

Sorry...what was that now? :rolleyes:

So basically this is a Wolverine bashers thread, how sad you guy's need to keep making Wolverine bashing threads like this. I understand that your angry and every thing but you don't see me making a Cyclops haters thread. Wolverine is my favorite character and I am sick of the bashing, I like the show/movies a lot. I'm glad Wolverine has a big part in the movies, he rocks out loud. I am not a Cyclops fan, but that's my opinion. I am sorry for your loss becuase I hate loosing a favorite character but your doing no good bashing Wolverine like that. Your just ticking off Wolverine fans and is that really worth some thing? :( No offense, if I offended any one I didn't mean to sorry.

That strip up there is badass. Does anyone have any other ones? Haha.

This is not a wolverine bashin thread..it turn it to that caused somebody talked about cyclops first..*coughpost#42cough*..those strips are cool by the way..

Well, since we're posting Comic Booky stuff in here, I'd just like to post my fave Wolverine comic Cover that does feature Jean on it.

96477059734.49.GIF

Mike059jig said:
This is not a wolverine bashin thread..it turn it to that caused somebody talked about cyclops first..*coughpost#42cough*..those strips are cool by the way..

{Sigh} I know, I know every time some one mentions Cyclops that's how it turns into a Wolverine bashers thread. I dispise that stripe LOL. If its some one's art work good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"