Wolverine: Old Man Logan

D

drummerboi1

anyone reading this installment??
it just came out with its 4th (out of 8) issue and its one of the best marvel stories i've read!

for those who haven't read it -
its set years in the future. the USA has been taken over by hulk's kids, kingpin, doctor doom, and then one part is like a salvation place or something. wolverine lives in hulk's kids territory with his family and has vowed never to pop his claws again! - then hulk's kids want the rent, and hawkeye comes and offers wolverine to be a navigator while they travel to the promise land place. so pretty much the series is wolverine and hawkeye travelling from california - to like virginia (the other side of the usa) (im english so im not good with the states) and along the way they get into trouble and see the remains of the superhero massacre (spiderman, thor, etc died years ago)

so yeah, its a really interesting story, i love it because it gives the reader's mind so much to play with, like - how did thor die? mr fantastic and invisible woman are missing in action - where are they? the next issue we find out why wolverine is a pacifist now so fun fun! what else is great, is that they set it in real time america - eg - 3rd issue? (i think) they arrive in utah and the kingpin's "castle" is the university of utah's football ground - Rice eccles stadium! - funny for me, because i live in utah now and everytime i go by it, i'm like - haha kingpin's castle (im a nerd i know!)
anyway if your reading it - thoughts!
if your not reading it - you should check it out
i think it would be sweet if marvel came out with a thing like civil war, world war hulk etc and showed everyone's point of view of the superhero massacre.

It's really good, it has some connections to the current FF run done by Millar and Hitch. It's nothing like Old Man Logan, but there is a connection, I think Millar has something bigger planned over all for Old Man Logan/FF-Defenders, we'll see.

I really love Steve McNiven's art, and he draws "old man" Logan really well, complete with seriously wrinkles and the like.
The concept isn't all that novel, though, and it feels like Millar is really dragging it out, for some reason...
I'm still staying on to see what happens, nonetheless.

I've enjoyed this arc more than I have anything else in a long time and I don't usually like alternate timeline/what if? sort of stories. I adore the art, McNiven is one of my faves. This is well worth the money. Plus I have a weakness for Hawkeye as well so that's a plus. :p

I've really been enjoying this too. I love crazy old blind Hawkeye. It's a road trip movie with marvel crossed with Mad Max.

The art is superb. On my desktop background at the moment.

me too..this series has been great...i'm kinda wanting to know why logan is how is...
marvel has a lot of great stories at the mo...much better than DC,i thought the batman r.i.p was rubbish.

I didn't care for RIP either. This is way better. Just don't know if it is considered canon or some kind of What If?

Batman R.I.P was horrible. Maybe I'm stupid but I didn't really understand the end at all.

My favourite comic book right now with the twelve. I wish Georges Miller would come back and direct the movie version a la the road warrior. Jackman would be great with old age make-up or CGI alterations like they did with Pitt in Button.

I see no point in the story, nor anything remotely fresh about it.

One of the better recent Wolverine stories I've read.

Seriously. It's been well worth the delays. :)

So far this is the only Millar work i've really liked. I'm giving most of the credit for that to McNiven and just hoping that Millar doesnt blow it in the end.

I read an interview where they talked about it but It hasnt been mentioned in the actual comics yet.

If I remember correctly what they said:

Thor was the last to die of all the heroes that fell. It was basically just him alone in vegas or something vs all of the united villains and they eventually wore him down and killed him after losing hundreds of their own in the process

Spiderman went pretty early cause they just got hundreds of villains together and just jumped him and overwhelmed him while he was alone.

Thor was the last to die of all the heroes that fell. It was basically just him alone in vegas or something vs all of the united villains and they eventually wore him down and killed him after losing hundreds of their own in the process
Well, s***. Props, Millar. Props. :up:

yeah like I said. So far Millar hasnt failed on this one. I'm actually liking it so far and thats never been the case with his work before.

I read an interview where they talked about it but It hasnt been mentioned in the actual comics yet.

If I remember correctly what they said:

Spiderman went pretty early cause they just got hundreds of villains together and just jumped him and overwhelmed him while he was alone.

I think the premise is done well. But the "details" of how each hero fell probably won't ever be explored. It would be too much to explain how ALL the villians "united" yet the heroes stayed divided and just....died. I think it was important to state how some of the top doggers went (Thor, FF, the X-Men), but everyone else doesn't need to background. The strong points of this book come from the whole idea that the "Wolverine" that we know is dead. Sure, we've all seen alt timelien stories where wolverine is still basically...wolverine. So to see him non violent, well it's refreshing. Now of course the big payoff is seeing return to form, but it would actually be a better story if somehow Logan defeated the "President" without having to shed blood. But I don't think Mr. "Kick-Ass, Ultimates" Millar wil EVER go for that.

This story is freaking awesome, like im watching a movie. How the X-men were defeated was the biggest shock man.

Gambit didn't make it. :(

oldmanlogankillgambit.jpg

That scene was brutal....Jacked Up Brutality. Classic Millar

Yep, mindless graphic violence is definitely as "classic" as Millar gets. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"