Days of Future Past Ideas on how to achieve time travel

I don't want Mystique to be time traveler since that destroys any character devolpment
for her from first Class to Rebecca Romijn version.But,you have to consider she Is possibilty
for the time traveler.If It's not wolverine Xavier Is a strong possibilty.

I don't want Mystique to be time traveler since that destroys any character devolpment
for her from first Class to Rebecca Romijn version.But,you have to consider she Is possibilty
for the time traveler.If It's not wolverine Xavier Is a strong possibilty.

Yea I know it's a possibility, as much as people here shut down ideas, everything is a possibility.

Doesn't mean I have to like it. :cwink: I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

I don't think its a good idea for Mystique to be the time traveler since she's still so innocent (the First Class Mystique) and inexperienced. Plus it would be odd that her character would get so much purpose and presence in the movie. In the original trilogy, she was only a supporting/secondary character. The ideal time traveler/s are Professor X, Magneto and Wolverine. If those 3 characters (especially Magneto) have to bring someone to accompany their journey, then I wouldn't mind if Mystique is one of the time-travelers but her to be the one and only time traveler would be an odd decision.

Transplanting the mind of older Mystique or older Xavier into their younger versions - and essentially just overwriting their young personalities - would be a real cop-out.

I guess...
plus with mind switching, you wouldn't get to see any interaction between the older an younger actors

exactly.

Physical travel >>>> mind transfer

Transplanting the mind of older Mystique or older Xavier into their younger versions - and essentially just overwriting their young personalities - would be a real cop-out.

How about less of overwriting their minds, and more giving visions of the future...? Xavier can still be young Xavier, with bits and pieces of his older self's memories.

Mark Millar has already confirmed there would be time travel.You have to have some kind of time travel.Visions of future Is a cop-out.

IGN: What is the balance between the first classers and the original trilogy actors in Days of Future Past?

Singer: The movie takes place at different times. It deals with, I don't want to say time travel, but time displacement. A form of time travel which is steeped more in the X-Men [mythos].

So now that we have Blink's portals involved, I'm seeing displacement as meaning something else. Maybe this will be more like TOS' Mirror, Mirror(without the goatees) since Singer is a Trek nerd.

We know the two Charles don't share scenes, but maybe Magneto is the one "displaced" so a future X-man can warn past Charles and in doing so, Young Magneto meets his future self.

I think they will definitely use Blink as their way to go back to the past. I don't think time travel is part of her mutant abilities but the writers can always give these characters a different/new power. If they want another Brotherhood that can teleport, they should have just brought back Azazel.

They would basically be combining her with Gateway since he can create time portals. They have done that with a few characters before like Calisto. I don't remember her being able to sense mutants in the comics. They changed Shaw as well. I don't think the abilities made him not age and I don't it could make him cause things to explode like that.

I just hope if they are really using Blink, that they will stay true to her physical appearance. I want to see pink hair, pink skin and green eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"