Wonder Girl should join Teen Titans!!

Tim is the detective, and Robin is more so the leader and acrobatic. Just because you're a protege of someone doesn't mean you have to be like them to a fault. If that's the case, then Batgirl should be a man.

Look, go to titanstower and they openly say Robin is Dick straight from Murkami's mouth and I was talking about Dick wearing the costume on B:TAS, and I know Tim would soon wear it on TNBA. Due to Dick being driven (comic-wise), being in love with Star, becoming Nightwing, and having his origin played out, it should be confirmed now that Robin, no matter what (on TT, anyway), is Dick/Richard Grayson.

What are you babbling about? We already confirmed it. I was just adding to the fact that Tim is more of a detective than Dick. Why do you always do this?!

I was talking to hippie, who probably thought I was talking about Tim...when he put, "No, Tim was never part of BTAS"...

Cause he wasnt you idiot. And what the hell do you mean he will soon wear the outfit on TNBA? TNBA was cancelled over 5 years ago. God your stupid. In his final adventure he was still a little kid in the TNBA Robin costume.

Yeah. I know. But, when I said he will soon wear it, I was meaning that Dick wore the outfit on B:TAS BEFORE Tim did on TNBA, and I was talking about Dick on my previous post, not Tim.

Raven#1 said:
True, there have been Robin comic books in the last few years, but as said this show is based off the Wolfman/Perez era of the Titans, which is the second team that Dick "Robin/Nightwing" Grayson leads. In the comics, Dick was just as driven, if not moreso than Tim, considering Tim didn't want to be a Titan at first (Geoff Johns' "A Kid's Game"). The staff is used by both Slade and Robin, so that doesn't mean anything (they both used staffs in the comics too). Dick has the same detective skills as Tim, considering both were protege's to Bruce "Batman" Wayne. Add to it that Dick wore the same costume that was originally intended for Tim during his last run on B:TAS. And finally, watch episodes like Fractured, Haunted (see Dick's origin), and How Long Is Forever (see Dick become Nightwing), so overall, this TV series Robin is Dick Grayson.

How do I know this? titanstower.com and Glen Murkami say so. While titanstower gives out the information on who Robin is, Glen notes right in the paragraphs that he invisions Robin as Dick Grayson and he told people at the comic con that if anyone wishes to know who Robin is, they could simply watch Fractured.

Is it just me or did you not answer my question?

You did a lot of re-explaining things that we all know. Things you've seen ME post. But you didn't even bother to answer my simple question.

So I will argue with you:

And for the record, Dick has NEVER been as good a dective as Tim... not even CLOSE. Every time Robin uses his non-leadership brain on the show is a reference to Tim Drake.

Dick Grayson is known for Escrima skills. He uses them often, even in Batman year one. Tim Drake is known for staff skills (which are, for the record, nigh impossible with a cape in real life), and uses it as his main weapon, as he has for YEARS. Dick may have used a staff in a fight or two, but Tim uses it ALL the time... every use of a long fighting staff in the comics is a reference to Tim.

Dick was never as driven as Tim. Dick was BROUGHT into Batman's war on crime by chance. Tim DECIDED to become Robin, deciphered Batman's identity, approached Dick and TOLD him that he should be Robin and that Batman needed him. Every use of the obsessive driven Robin is a nod to Tim Drake, not to the jovial acrobat, Dick Grayson.

I don't think I get the costume thing either. It sounds like you're saying that Teen Titan Robin is wearing TNBA Robin's unused clothes, which would be a reference to "Tim Drake" who is really a refrence to Jason Todd. Sorry, I can't keep all that straight, take the point.

Robin on Teen Titans takes the following things from the dick grayson character: origin, name, acrobatics, obsession with slade, love of starfire. EVERYTHING else about the character, costume, personality, role, taskmasterness, drive, Batman-like nature, ability to invent things like Red X, fighting staff, independent nature is taken from Tim Drake... in short... all the reasons I love Tim Drake are the SAME reasons I love Robin on Teen Titans. Sure, his name is Dick Grayson, and he has Dick's relationships, but he's so cool cuz he's just like the guy I read about every month in a little comic book called... surprise surprise... "Robin"

GL1 said:
Is it just me or did you not answer my question?

You did a lot of re-explaining things that we all know. Things you've seen ME post. But you didn't even bother to answer my simple question.

So I will argue with you:

And for the record, Dick has NEVER been as good a dective as Tim... not even CLOSE. Every time Robin uses his non-leadership brain on the show is a reference to Tim Drake.

Dick Grayson is known for Escrima skills. He uses them often, even in Batman year one. Tim Drake is known for staff skills (which are, for the record, nigh impossible with a cape in real life), and uses it as his main weapon, as he has for YEARS. Dick may have used a staff in a fight or two, but Tim uses it ALL the time... every use of a long fighting staff in the comics is a reference to Tim.

Dick was never as driven as Tim. Dick was BROUGHT into Batman's war on crime by chance. Tim DECIDED to become Robin, deciphered Batman's identity, approached Dick and TOLD him that he should be Robin and that Batman needed him. Every use of the obsessive driven Robin is a nod to Tim Drake, not to the jovial acrobat, Dick Grayson.

I don't think I get the costume thing either. It sounds like you're saying that Teen Titan Robin is wearing TNBA Robin's unused clothes, which would be a reference to "Tim Drake" who is really a refrence to Jason Todd. Sorry, I can't keep all that straight, take the point.

Robin on Teen Titans takes the following things from the dick grayson character: origin, name, acrobatics, obsession with slade, love of starfire. EVERYTHING else about the character, costume, personality, role, taskmasterness, drive, Batman-like nature, ability to invent things like Red X, fighting staff, independent nature is taken from Tim Drake... in short... all the reasons I love Tim Drake are the SAME reasons I love Robin on Teen Titans. Sure, his name is Dick Grayson, and he has Dick's relationships, but he's so cool cuz he's just like the guy I read about every month in a little comic book called... surprise surprise... "Robin"

I agree whole heartly with your source of information:up: . i belive the exact same thing. i said all this a while back when me & king ruler had are little debate over robins orgin. yes the robin in the teen titans cartoon show is defiently dick grayson. BUT!!!! he resembles tim drake 10 times more,

from the previous statments you made above. thats why i see robin in teen titans as tim drake not dick grayson, even though i know that robin is dick grayson in the cartoon.

Understandable. 'Cause he pretty much is too much like Bats. Dick sure as hell ain't like that, at least not until he becomes Nightwing.

Good Lord, I'm off topic!!!!

I'd love to see Wondgirl in a guest shot on the Teen Titans... just a one-off episode... I personally think it would be great if they did a "Winner Take All Part 2" doing the tournament of heroines and use:
Starfire
Jinx
Raven
Terra (coming back in an "interesting way" right?)
Bumblebee
Wondergirl -- played a bit aggressive and super-feminist
Blackfire
Ravager -- Robin with breasts... (Speedy: Robin with a bow)

I think that'd be the best way to use her without the risk of over-using her...

Just wondering....what happened to the pyscho *****?

...Quick, let's edit out our messages so he doesn't come back thinking we miss him...:p

on a random note, i think GL1's idea kicks @$$. they should totally have a tournament of heroines. hehe, ravager, robin with boobs, heheh.

I havent come to this board in days because he's gone.... I loved terrorizing his ass.....

for some odd reason i have to respect that, but plz, use that power wisely...

Are you trying to become the new Raven? Cause we could deal with that....

i'm not trying to become anyone. i'm just observing that you guys are slightly evil.

This thread seems to be rather off topic... So I'll make my part quick so you can get back to your Robin rants again.

I think that it would be nice if they added some new characters, (BART! He's so damn awesome) Terra will probably come back as herself though, unlike Terra 2. If you havn't noticed, the show does not have anything to do with the comics, NOT AT ALL. (Which gives me lots of room to mix things together in fanfics.) And isn't Terra supposed to come back with amnesia? So.. yeah.

To tell you the truth, I believe Raven#1's original theory is the most plausible, seeing as how that most likely WILL be the route they are going. His theory was that Madame Rouge will transform into Terra and screw around with Beast Boy's head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"