Wonder Woman Merchandise

I think I was just hoping it would delve a bit deeper into the mythology of the characters but it did stick true to its name.

It focuses mostly on concept and design, talking to people on the production team about how they brought it all to life for the movie.

A book about the mythology would be awesome, collecting all the lore and background about the island, the Amazons, the gods etc. Maybe when the film series is all built up more they can make a book about that.

https://wonderwomanshop.com/collections/accessories

“In Celebration of Warner Bros. Pictures’ action-adventure film WONDER WOMAN, featuring the most empowered and unstoppable heroine of the DC Universe! Packed with a treasure trove of Wonder Woman gear, the officially licensed shop of Warner Bros. Consumer Products is stocked with collectibles, clothing and accessories for every hero in your life. Lasso yourself some wonderful art, iPhone covers, blankets, drinkware, jackets, handbags and much, much more — this store is the first stop for all your Amazonian accessories!”

18893042_1128838693926628_5488242854914181587_n.jpg

18951353_1128838720593292_7470810841956607876_n.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-05/wonder-woman-s-secret-power-bridging-the-boy-girl-toy-gap

Wonder Woman is the latest and biggest test of Hollywood’s ability to promote a female superhero. After “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” fans used the #wheresRey campaign to highlight the initial absence of toys and games featuring the movie’s female star -- before Disney flooded stores with more merchandise. More recently, characters like Harley Quinn, Batgirl, Black Window and Supergirl have been included in ensemble packs on store shelves. Wonder Woman is the first female superhero in years to carry her own film.

“Until the last three years, female superheroes were few and far between,” said Jim Silver, editor of toy review site TTPM.com. “You never saw them, and the ones that were tested, except for one or two like the Power Puff girls, never did well. Now, the whole market has changed.”

He estimates toy sales this year for Wonder Woman, strictly tied to the movie, will be about $100 million -- less than many of the traditional male superhero tie-ins but still a significant amount of revenue.

Then there are the girl-oriented tie-ins, like Wonder Woman-branded cosmetics, jewelry and purses. The female Amazonian princess, with her golden lasso and sword, could earn up to $1 billion from global sales of licensed merchandise, said Karina Masolova, executive editor of The Licensing Letter, which tracks licensing revenue. That would put her ahead of Superman and on par with Batman, who gets an advantage from his assortment of weapons and vehicles.

Diane Nelson, who runs Warner’s DC Comics unit, also took over the company’s consumer products licensing in 2015. In that role, she’s made female characters such as Wonder Woman and Supergirl a priority.

Last year, Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros. and Mattel rolled out a line of action figures and dolls for DC Superhero Girls, a group of high schoolers like Wonder Woman and Batgirl with special powers. The line has sold well, helping Mattel revive its girls business, and has been expanded this year with more characters and offerings.

800x-1.png

Interesting thing about the lack of toys based on female characters is after Batman Returns and the years after there were a ton of Catwoman action figures of various types. I like Catwoman so I started collecting them
and have around two dozen of them. In addition to several Batman Returns, I have Batman: The Animated Series versions, Jim Balent versions, TDKR, a Julie Newmar, and even one with the purple evening gown from the 1980s.
There are even Halle Berry ones. I also have quite a few Xena:Warrior Princess and friends. So not sure why the reluctance to make toys based on other characters. They seemed to think these would sell.

They need to bring out more WW toys, especially action figures. What are they going to do? Put her in a two pack with Steve Trevor to hope he helps her to sell? Or you can only get in her an ensemble pack?

It would be great to get a box set of Amazons with no man having to help to sell them.

They need to bring out more WW toys, especially action figures. What are they going to do? Put her in a two pack with Steve Trevor to hope he helps her to sell? Or you can only get in her an ensemble pack?

It would be great to get a box set of Amazons with no man having to help to sell them.

Mattel have released: Wonder Woman (cloak), Wonder Woman (Themysciran outfit), Wonder Woman (no cloak), Queen Hippolyta, Menalippe and Steve Trevor as action figures with a "build a figure" Ares.

They also released a 12" Wonder Woman action figure and an assortment of 12" Wonder Woman dolls, including Steve Trevor, Queen Hippolyta and Antiope.

Jakks Pacific are releasing two 20" Big Figs of Wonder Woman.

And Lego made a set loosely based on the movie with Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor and Ares.

I'm actually surprised that Wonder Woman received a decent amount of action figures and assorted toys.

I agree that an Amazon army builder two pack and an Antiope figure from Mattel would have been good, but possibly unlikely given everyone was uncertain how the film would perform and be received.

Mattel have released: Wonder Woman (cloak), Wonder Woman (Themysciran outfit), Wonder Woman (no cloak), Queen Hippolyta, Menalippe and Steve Trevor as action figures with a "build a figure" Ares.

They also released a 12" Wonder Woman action figure and an assortment of 12" Wonder Woman dolls, including Steve Trevor, Queen Hippolyta and Antiope.

Jakks Pacific are releasing two 20" Big Figs of Wonder Woman.

And Lego made a set loosely based on the movie with Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor and Ares.

I'm actually surprised that Wonder Woman received a decent amount of action figures and assorted toys.

I agree that an Amazon army builder two pack and an Antiope figure from Mattel would have been good, but possibly unlikely given everyone was uncertain how the film would perform and be received.

Is it too late to bring them out now? Or would that take months (or even a year) of planning? They could've planned it just in case it was a success, otherwise they'd miss the boat if it is a runaway hit and they have nothing to tie into it like that.

I hope they release some 6" DC Multiverse figs.

I would love to add the Themyscira variant one to my collection.

Is it too late to bring them out now? Or would that take months (or even a year) of planning? They could've planned it just in case it was a success, otherwise they'd miss the boat if it is a runaway hit and they have nothing to tie into it like that.

Yes. Production of an action figure takes at least a year. Maybe we could see some kind of special boxed set of Amazons vs. Parademons for Justice League, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

I suspect that an Antiope figure was at least prototyped and could still be released, perhaps as part of a SDCC Exclusive boxed set. It's odd that they released Menalippe and not Antiope, unless Menalippe originally had a much larger role in the film?

They have. Three Wonder Woman variants, including Themysciran Diana, Steve Trevor, Hippolyta and Menalippe. And a "build a figure" Ares (not screen accurate).

I don't even remember Menalippe in the film.

If they have some animal cuddly toy Amazons, they can have Queen Hippo-Lyta and General Antelope. :p

THE OVERWHELMING BEAUTY OF ‘WONDER WOMAN’

https://filmschoolrejects.com/overwhelming-beauty-wonder-woman/

The ‘Wonder Woman’ Art of the Film book might be the best cinematic coffee table book yet.

The folks at Titan Books, with whom we’ve been working for a number of years as they have released countless wonderful movie tie-in books, were kind enough to drop a copy of Wonder Woman: The Art & Making of the Film on the doorstep of Reject HQ. Here are a few thoughts:

The concept art for Wonder Woman is gorgeous. Although that fact only exacerbates some of the film’s (forgivable) problems, including some uneven (to put it generously) effects work.
A lot of thought went into the way Wonder Woman the character would be perceived, being such a monumental female hero. Even Zack Snyder, who talks at length with book author Sharon Gosling, finds a way to relate the need for Steve Trevor has something necessary to help the audience find the perspective that Diana is… well, wonderful.
There was a layer of detail in many of the props that could have been lost in all the triumphant bluster of the film, but it’s there in the book.

Here are a few images the folks at Titan, DC Comics, and Warner Bros. Entertainment so graciously provided:

Wonder-Woman-p16-768x347.jpg

Wonder-Woman-p36-768x347.jpg

Wonder-Woman-p58-768x347.jpg

Wonder-Woman-p77-768x347.jpg

Wonder-Woman-p154-768x348.jpg

If you enjoyed the film — and there’s a good chance you did — do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Wonder Woman: The Art and Making of the Film.

THE OVERWHELMING BEAUTY OF ‘WONDER WOMAN’

https://filmschoolrejects.com/overwhelming-beauty-wonder-woman/

The ‘Wonder Woman’ Art of the Film book might be the best cinematic coffee table book yet.

The folks at Titan Books, with whom we’ve been working for a number of years as they have released countless wonderful movie tie-in books, were kind enough to drop a copy of Wonder Woman: The Art & Making of the Film on the doorstep of Reject HQ. Here are a few thoughts:

The concept art for Wonder Woman is gorgeous. Although that fact only exacerbates some of the film’s (forgivable) problems, including some uneven (to put it generously) effects work.
A lot of thought went into the way Wonder Woman the character would be perceived, being such a monumental female hero. Even Zack Snyder, who talks at length with book author Sharon Gosling, finds a way to relate the need for Steve Trevor has something necessary to help the audience find the perspective that Diana is… well, wonderful.
There was a layer of detail in many of the props that could have been lost in all the triumphant bluster of the film, but it’s there in the book.

Here are a few images the folks at Titan, DC Comics, and Warner Bros. Entertainment so graciously provided:

Wonder-Woman-p16-768x347.jpg

Wonder-Woman-p36-768x347.jpg

Wonder-Woman-p58-768x347.jpg

Wonder-Woman-p77-768x347.jpg

Wonder-Woman-p154-768x348.jpg

If you enjoyed the film — and there’s a good chance you did — do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Wonder Woman: The Art and Making of the Film.

This book is amazing and guys... it comes with The Photograph.

The book has interesting little details:

- How they designed the Armory (which holds their weapons.) It is a huge monolith placed in the middle of the city to symbolise their strength and to always remind them of their violent history. It contrasts with the more natural way the Amazons live, in caves and being part of the environment and letting plants grow over the buildings.

-The structure that holds WW's costume is a pair of eagle's wings with a feather design added. The spiral that holds the sword was inspired by early civilisation designs in jewels, pots and weapons. They wanted to make all these things look feminine for Themyscira (obviously.)

-The designers also talk about the lasso- how it is an extension of WW. It goes where she wants it to go on an arced path in an almost "telepathic" way and strikes where she intends it to, to either stretch or wrap tightly around something.

-There's not only good info about Themyscira but how they designed and set up things like the department store in London, the War Room, the town they saved, the gala, the factory and airfield.

-Why they chose the costumes they did such as Diana's blue dress, Etta's layered clothing. Steve, Maru etc. Diana's dress was originally going to be a green/chartreuse colour but they decided green is a villain's colour. Patty talks about how they would have many meetings for something as simple as what the black cloak Diana wears would be like. How they gave all the soldier extras little details the camera wouldn't even see, like letters from home, mementoes from loved ones, to give the extras more of a feel of real soldiers during wartime.

Last edited:
The book has interesting little details:

- How they designed the Armory (which holds their weapons.) It is a huge monolith placed in the middle of the city to symbolise their strength and to always remind them of their violent history. It contrasts with the more natural way the Amazons live, in caves and being part of the environment and letting plants grow over the buildings.

-The structure that holds WW's costume is a pair of eagle's wings with a feather design added. The spiral that holds the sword was inspired by early civilisation designs in jewels, pots and weapons. They wanted to make all these things look feminine for Themyscira (obviously.)

-The designers also talk about the lasso- how it is an extension of WW. It goes where she wants it to go on an arced path in an almost "telepathic" way and strikes where she intends it to, to either stretch or wrap tightly around something.

-There's not only good info about Themyscira but how they designed and set up things like the department store in London, the War Room, the town they saved, the gala, the factory and airfield.

-Why they chose the costumes they did such as Diana's blue dress, Etta's layered clothing. Steve, Maru etc. Diana's dress was originally going to be a green/chartreuse colour but they decided green is a villain's colour. Patty talks about how they would have many meetings for something as simple as what the black cloak Diana wears would be like. How they gave all the soldier extras little details the camera wouldn't even see, like letters from home, mementoes from loved ones, to give the extras more of a feel of real soldiers during wartime.

It does what she tells it to do, goes she wants it to go. :o

im going to get the steelbook from Best Buy, and if Target keeps up the trend like they have been doing, they should have a digitbook exclusive that i'll snag as well

I would love to add the Themyscira variant one to my collection.

They have. Three Wonder Woman variants, including Themysciran Diana, Steve Trevor, Hippolyta and Menalippe. And a "build a figure" Ares (not screen accurate).

Yes, they (Mattel) have released 6" figures for Diana, Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor, Hippolyta and Menalippe.

816_QW8_N2j_BL._SL1500.jpg

91jx6ipuss_L._SL1500.jpg

81ab_Y1_Omr_IL._SL1500.jpg

81_Tn_N99s_Ws_L._SL1500.jpg

81k_Vv_4b_ROL._SL1500.jpg

I see these figures come with some random severed limbs. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members