The New Ultimate DC RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God for that. Last time you posted was in that Despero arc in the last UDC. I think we all know how well that went. :cmad:

Well, the triple post kind of ruined the moment there. :-)cmad:)

I post again its gonna start the next bit of arc for Freis i have planned. so that was my last post for the season

There, ya uptight Canadian! :cmad:
No real message.

And that's the end of the season for Nygma. Done with all my characters now.

Done with Selina Kyle for the Season, save for my montage contribution. It was a fun one, folks. :yay:

So is it the day or night of the 10th that's the deadline, or, say, the 9th at midnight? Either way, I'm pretty sure that I can wrap my crap up, but I might be in a big rush to do so if I don't have the afternoon of the 10th to work on it.

Evening of the 10th is fine with me.

Andy, my post actually takes place in two time periods. All the spoken dialogue is taking place all at once in the park, and all the internal thoughts and narration (except for the last paragraph) are at an earlier point in time when Superman is reassuring himself of what he fights for. He wasn't actually zipping in and out of the speech at the park after every couple sentences he spoke (picturing that in my mind, I'd lawl if he did that, especially since things like stopping for autographs and rushing people to the hospital (on top of the stopping of actual crimes) meant he'd be gone for minutes at a time. I imagine Lex and the reporters just tapping their feet with impatience, waiting for Clark to come back and do it again :funny:).

I was trying to go for the reveal at the end of the post that Clark was simply reflecting back on those earlier rescues to reinforce his beliefs. Guess I kinda effed that up in the execution. :csad:

Every other method I tried to use to separate the two time frames and make it more obvious that it wasn't all taking place in a linear progression (quotations, asterisks, Italics, right alignment) looked stupid and distracting when put into practice on my monitor. So in the end I just separated all the earlier stuff into sharp paragraphs of internal narrative without any dialogue and tried to do things like have Superman wait for police in one scene, and reunite kids with loved ones in another to imply that those feats were really stretched out over time; while the paragraphs that take place in the present would only be comprised of dialogue. Then I assured myself that people would get it.
I blame everyone but me for not catching on to my usage of that obvious literary device! Shame on you all! You're all philistines!

Last edited:
I can't express how much my heart sank when I read the very first sentence of that Lex post and realized that I was way too vague with how I set up Superman in the conversation.

EDIT: I've now put all of the rescuing stuff in the past tense, which is something I really should've done before, as I think it makes my intent a little clearer.

Last edited:
Question for the Posters in the RPG:

What date, or time of the year (so to speak) does everyone feel the season is ending around? IE: Beginning of Fall, Mid-Fall, End Fall - September, October, November, etc.

The rumored consesus for the gap between Season I's end and Season II's start seems to be around a week (in character time), so that's why I wanted to see where everyone feels this season's IC end date is so we all know the general idea of the time of year for which Season II picks up.

My opinion is Season I ends within/between September and October.

Thoughts?

Works for me.

Bane's done for the season.

Question for the Posters in the RPG:

What date, or time of the year (so to speak) does everyone feel the season is ending around? IE: Beginning of Fall, Mid-Fall, End Fall - September, October, November, etc.

The rumored consesus for the gap between Season I's end and Season II's start seems to be around a week (in character time), so that's why I wanted to see where everyone feels this season's IC end date is so we all know the general idea of the time of year for which Season II picks up.

My opinion is Season I ends within/between September and October.

Thoughts?

That fits within the timeframe that I was working off of with Batman. It's only been a few weeks since Holiday was arrested, which Byrd established was on August 4th. So by the time that he and Bane ended up clashing, it would've been September.

Andy, my post actually takes place in two time periods. All the spoken dialogue is taking place all at once in the park, and all the internal thoughts and narration (except for the last paragraph) are at an earlier point in time when Superman is reassuring himself of what he fights for. He wasn't actually zipping in and out of the speech at the park after every couple sentences he spoke (picturing that in my mind, I'd lawl if he did that, especially since things like stopping for autographs and rushing people to the hospital (on top of the stopping of actual crimes) meant he'd be gone for minutes at a time. I imagine Lex and the reporters just tapping their feet with impatience, waiting for Clark to come back and do it again :funny:).

I was trying to go for the reveal at the end of the post that Clark was simply reflecting back on those earlier rescues to reinforce his beliefs. Guess I kinda effed that up in the execution. :csad:

Every other method I tried to use to separate the two time frames and make it more obvious that it wasn't all taking place in a linear progression (quotations, asterisks, Italics, right alignment) looked stupid and distracting when put into practice on my monitor. So in the end I just separated all the earlier stuff into sharp paragraphs of internal narrative without any dialogue and tried to do things like have Superman wait for police in one scene, and reunite kids with loved ones in another to imply that those feats were really stretched out over time; while the paragraphs that take place in the present would only be comprised of dialogue. Then I assured myself that people would get it.
I blame everyone but me for not catching on to my usage of that obvious literary device! Shame on you all! You're all philistines!

:doh:

Editing that now.

Churning out a new Supes post now. :super:

Also, we need a running commentary on MSN.

Last edited:
Apparently, Andy gets off work late tomorrow, so we're gonna be down to the wire to finish our crap off in time... :ninja:

I guess it helps that I couldn't care less about contributing to the montage post. :awesome:
Kidding about that last part. A little. But not in Bane's case, since I've said all I wanted to say with him for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"