• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst Christmas Songs EVER.

symphonies by classical composers.

Oh, and pretty much any Christmas song covered by Celine Dion or a country artist.

i really dislike a lot of country Christmas songs, but Carrie Underwood sings the traditional ones very well.

also, I never knew Celebrate Me Home was a Christmas song until this year :huh:

I heard a Chris Brown and Busta Rhymes version of "Little Drummer Boy" this year that was pretty awful.

Um, that song is about the mom kissing the father who is dressed up like Santa.

lol. Really? Well, that makes it much less disturbing. :funny:

Paul McCartney's Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime. If there was ever any doubt in your mind that John Lennon was the most talented songwriter in The Beatles, all you have to do is listen to Lennon's brilliant Happy Christmas (The War's Over) and then follow it up with McCartney's holiday turd. It will make it pretty damned clear.

I don't mind McCartney's tune, but yeah, it utterly pales in comparison to Lennon's, which is a true classic.

Also, I have a very strong disdain for This Christmas, a song which I only heard for the first time about 7 years ago or so, but has since apparently been covered by every awful pop and R&B singer on earth and can be heard 5 billion times at your nearest shopping mall or Wal-Mart over the holiday season. I don't know if it's the song itself that is so annoying or just all of the people who sing it, but regardless, I f***ing hate this song.

Do you mean "Last Christmas" by Wham! ? You make good points, but as cheesy as it, I can't deny that I love that song.

Last Christmas is legit. Cheesy as heck but good nonetheless.

I can't remember the title but it's sung by Beyonce either as a solo artist or when she was with Destiny's Child.

Do you mean "Last Christmas" by Wham! ? You make good points, but as cheesy as it, I can't deny that I love that song.

Haha, no... Last Christmas is a good song. It's cheesy as hell, but I've always liked George Michael.

No, this is the song I'm referring to. I guess Donny Hathaway was the first person who sang it. I've heard so many different versions of it recently and hated them all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj1mVUEHeUE

Last Christmas is one of my favorites.

I don't like Cliff Richard's Mistletoe and Wine song.

If there is one good thing about the season being over, it's that I don't have to hear John Lennon's sappy wailing song, "War is Over". Ugh. I can't change the station quickly enough when I hear that song begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"