Transformers Would anyone wanna see Rodimus and Unicron in a sequel?

I wouldn't mind Hot Rod being introduced in the second movie, but I wouldn't want him to become Rodimus (if he HAD to) until another movie after that. Give the guy a little more depth.

As far as Unicron, no. I'm sorry.

Simon Furman and the Japanese have successfully run Unicron straight into the ground. He used to be something special and pants-wetting back in the day, but he's been used SO MUCH lately, he's just gotten boring.

I suppose if they saved him for a third movie or something and did something new and innovative with the character (without changing him completely) then I wouldn't mind.

But there are other major threats to the Transformers in the official fiction that could serve a story just as good as Unicron. Like the Swarm, for example. Or even the Vok.

DrSpengler said:
I wouldn't mind Hot Rod being introduced in the second movie, but I wouldn't want him to become Rodimus (if he HAD to) until another movie after that. Give the guy a little more depth.

As far as Unicron, no. I'm sorry.

Simon Furman and the Japanese have successfully run Unicron straight into the ground. He used to be something special and pants-wetting back in the day, but he's been used SO MUCH lately, he's just gotten boring.

I suppose if they saved him for a third movie or something and did something new and innovative with the character (without changing him completely) then I wouldn't mind.

But there are other major threats to the Transformers in the official fiction that could serve a story just as good as Unicron. Like the Swarm, for example. Or even the Vok.

Don't forget Cosmic Rust.

Yes, another cool concept that never got much attention.

It was used well in the Binaltech stories written by Hirofumi Ichikawa, but sadly, that detailed, awesome storyline got cancelled so Takaratomy could market the Binaltechs to the Magical Girl child-molester crowd.

Hasbro needs to pimpslap Takaratomy. HARD.

Unicron= Big budget.

Let's see how the first movie performs before we get any crazy ideas for the sequel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"