X-Factor (3rd series)

Discussion in 'The Comics' started by MoPlaYa, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Vortexian Registered

Meh, you'll see...
    Anyone get a fading ink issue? NXMA, X-Factor, I think there were a couple of others. I was gawking over one at a comic shop I go to, showed a friend an issue and the panel colours changed. Like dissapearing/fading ink, or those silly heat change mood inks.

I worked on Reboot 4.0 and Beast Machines BTW... As well as Spidey brainstorming before I wasn't working with Mainframe anymore. I'd like to finish 4.0 though, we had to scrap 4 or 5 complete story arcs.
    Off topic I know, but if you saw it did you notice the Zoom Room is the Tardis in different colours, Hex had Wizzard hats when she returned from the core, and was in a game saving glitching Bob life as a mummy after she was supposed to be "dead".
    Also Daemon didn't get destroyed, the Kron virus was stopped but Daemon lived. Smoke some Kron when you look for metaphore in it.... I've edited my typos away but am leaving metaphor spelt the way it is... French.

2. Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Fine, let's take your faulty info one at a time:

Joe Quesada has openly stated that there are zero ideas in the making for Nate Grey and the Beyonder over at Marvel in his Joe Friday's columns at Newsarama.

The Age of Apocalypse happened because Xavier never formed the X-Men, and even with the Decimation, the X-Men are still together and plenty competant enough to take him down, and even if they aren't, there are still plenty of other super powered individuals and teams that would help out. And there is no "Earth Prime" at Marvel.

The Sentinels aren't there to hurt mutants, and they're piloted by humans. He wouldn't be stupid like that and take lives. Plus, after the current X-Men arc, it's clear half the Horsemen won't even be Horsemen any more.

You're using stats from a video game. Nuff said.

And those Nates were all hunted down by Queen Jean, and either killed or died out because they were "faulty".

Since when is Decimation planned to be an AoA? Again, Apocalypse only took over because teams like the X-Men were never formed. They are now, and could easily take him down. And that new "AoA series" was only a limited one, and it was universally panned by critics and fans.

Where? Nothing like that has been addressed in any of the series.

Since when? Do you even read Exiles? Blink doesn't move them from universe to universe, Heather Hudson does by way of the technology of that weird time base whose name I can never spell right. Pantoptchron or something like that.

Again, where are you getting this stuff from? Onslaught was the result of the Fatal Attractions storyline when Xavier turned Magneto into a vegetable, not AoA. And the whole Decimation thing didn't ever even come up until they came up with the idea of House of M.

3. Vortexian Registered

You're using stats from a video game. Nuff said.

Actually its from the Marvel Comics offices RPG sheets.

Where? Nothing like that has been addressed in any of the series.

In Magneto's AoA story there were references to him having lost his memory somewhere near the beginning of the AoA

House of M and several major crossover storylines were planned and refined as the story played out. Some X-Stories have been planned and have formed since Chris Claremont started writing it. He was on board a long time and had ideas for the entire continuity. Like X-Men:The End, something he's been working on, and setting up for about 20 years. I've met him, just after "First Flight" was published.

"Earth Prime" is a reference to the main Marvel continuity. Used by the writers when they have a story that would change Marvel too much "I want to do this... But on a different Earth, not the Prime Timeline. Sure Cyclops and the X-Men get toasted... But we can revert it back to the timeline afterwards!"
    It allows a bit of extra creative licence.
    As said before. Try to kill an Omega, now try to kill a Beyonder more powerful than the Pheonix. "He has the potential to be more powerful than the Pheonix" - Xavier "He's too dangerous." Even the Goblin Queen and Pheonix combined would have a time. How many heros tried to kill the Beyonder in Secret Wars before they "contained" him? (for a time...)
    The Secret Wars were always planned to be revisited/aftermathed. Thats why Marvel leaves unfinished plots hanging about.

Like "Infinite Crisis" and "Crisis of Infinite Earths" in DC.

4. Vortexian Registered

Sometimes in X-Factor Jamie will high five one of his dupes and *not* absorb them... Shouldn't the dupe be absorbed.. Issues 1 and 2 are where that happened...
    Issue one had Jamie "Prime" but Jamie's original body died of the legacy virus. What would happen if he touched the corpse of the dead original Jamie?
    Kinda like "What would happen if Daemon tried to take over mainframe and was a hot french chick instead of a megabyte style scary virus?" or how Reboot 4.0 was started.

5. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

*sigh*

Jamie doesn't automatically absorb one of his dupes the moment he touches them. In fact, he's gotten into fist fights with his dupes in the past. He only absorbs them when he wants to.

I'm not even going to dignify your AoA "rumors" with a response.

6. Vortexian Registered

4 months...
    August by the latest.
    The X-Men never existed in AoA, now its a matter of most of them being "flatscans".
    "Alternate history Repeats Itself" was a working title.

7. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

The X-Men did exist in the AoA. Magneto led them.

8. Exploding Boy Registered

WTF does teleporting your entire team have to do with being an Omega level mutant? I guess Gateway is an Omega too.

9. Darkdd Elle!

Can somebody tell me what Layla's codename is please?

10. Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Butterfly

11. Darkdd Elle!

Really?Thanks.

12. Vortexian Registered

Did you see what Gateway did to the X-Men??? Storm a child, and Havok a Genoshan Agent to start... He altered thier entire histories...
    The reason I say Magyck was/is Omega level, or may be, is that it took a lot of X-Men to defeat her back in the day. Most of 'em.
    Butterfly, cool. I haven't picked up anything after issue 4... A Chaos Theory Butterfly effect... Neat and fitting.

13. Exploding Boy Registered

You dont understand what it takes to be an Omega.

14. Vortexian Registered

Elemental force of the Universe.
    Captain Universe. Another Omega. But an entity.
    Fire. Lightning. Water. Laser light. Nuclear. Gravity. Creation. Destruction. Death. Life. Each Omega represents one of these forces and then a few unmentioned ones. Prolly has something to do with the Mythic Pantheon quality of super hero teams.

15. Exploding Boy Registered

Wrong thread buddy

16. Vortexian Registered

You were the one who said I didn't know what an Omega was...
    What do you think Mr. Tryp will do to "M" for her interferece with his Client Jack Vaughn? He beat the living **** out of Siryn over what Layla/Butterfly did to his agent. Rictor is marked for death by him, Tryp seems to REALLY hate Siryn, and has some sort of connection to Madrox, but isn't his dupe...
    And Rahne has been being a bit... ummm... Too violent. Not for the readers, but for the people surrounding Mutant Town...
    After having read almost all of the Peter David Hulks pre Parthenon(?) I must say that his knowledge of psychology and the the after effects of Trauma should be interesting.
    For instance, M does anything that Jamie asks her to do... To the letter, and without interpretation. Why... She was messed up in Gen X but was more independent last time I followed her story.
    Hmmm. Jessica Alba as M....

17. cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

I could be wrong but i thought Omega mutants were based on power level not the nature of their power.

18. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

That's what I thought, as well. But the guy who says Blink can teleport interdimensionally thinks otherwise.

19. Vortexian Registered

Seriously, Blink has some serious ablilities... Apoc in AoA was practcally drooling over corrupting her.
    Jamie Madrox would be Omeg if his dupes had thier own powers... But as it is he could be a true one man army that gets bigger with every impact. Walks into a bunch of machine gun firing guys, and 100's of dupes...
    In the VERY old days Jamie would just touch a dupe and absorb him. When the original was dying of Legacy Virus he would hide from his dupes, the other X-Men, and would freak out if a dupe got close enough to touch him.
    If the cannon is followed there shouldn't even be an original Jamie, he's dead as dead can be... He duped himself off and sent the uninfected ones to live different lives to become stronger, all of which admitted they weren't the original. Which is where David picked up in the Madroxxx mini.
    Has Factor been given a maxi yet or is it still a limited? I'm a dodo-head so I don't follow the news so much. This forum was checking what the industry was doing. I've been out of writing for 5 years and doing personal stuff.
    The Nate returns stuff was kicked around 6 months after the original X-Man series was cancelled. Seriuosly, ov the entire multiverse would it be possible to eliminate an entity like him, with as much power as him, and a need to live to fight his nemesis who so far has been immortal.
    Madrox was mentioned in the meetings as a part of an overall story that would really insert him into the X-universe. We were kidding around about how so many X-Guys look related or like the same guy duped, Nate could dye his hair and look like jamie, then throw on Cyclops's costume and look like Cyke, or wear some sort of contact lenses to look like Gambit.
    Oh just so you know in the few talks I've had with Claremont he's yelled a bit, and so have I. Two nerds that write face off! Who will win? Claremont every time. He did after all refine his The End story. Which he began when he was tired of doing X-men for a kathartic end to the neverending story.

20. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Blink has a pretty broad teleporting range, yes. She'd be massively useful for any army. However, she can't teleport across universes.

Having a lot of power doesn't necessarily make one an Omega mutant. In fact, no one is quite sure. Xavier was one of the most powerful psychics on Earth, and he was an Alpha. It's an ill-defined term that gets thrown around far too often.

Also, why would each of his dupes have their own powers?

X-Factor is an ongoing series, not limited. Madrox was the limited series.

X-Man's series was canned back in 2001. His energy dispersed, and he became a part of every living thing on Earth. He's not coming back from that without the risk of the Harvester coming back to consume the planet's population. He's not hiding out, and he's not one of Jamie's dupes in disguise.

21. Wolverazio Grand Bastage

Gateway didn't do that, the Seige (or Siege) Perilous did.

22. cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

Is there a character someone thinks should join X-Factor, based mostly on the style of the book? I think Bishop would be cool with the noir atmosphere of the book. Gambit could have been cool before he went to the dark side. Mystique would also be cool as the member who was willing to do what the others. The same way Iron Man justified Wolverines membership as an Avenger.

completly hypothetical

23. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

I think the team is pretty good as stands but if I could pick someone to joinh X-Factor I would pick..Meltdown a.ka. Boomer

24. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

I'd probably go with Dani Moonstar, even with her powers gone.

25. squeekness The mighty squeek!

I would be happy to see Gambit in X-Factor if it keeps him from doing a complete fade.... Besides I really like the writing in this book, I think this writer could have some real fun with him.

Right now, I am enjoying the fact that Rictor is so suspicious of Layla. I think it adds a good tension to the book and makes it all the more wonderful. I am so happy with this series right now. It's making up for the suck fest that is Uncanny. :)