X-Files: I Want To Believe

can't wait for the movie. X-files is amazing.

As much as I love a stand alone movie....I really wish they'd do a movie that would continue to tell what happened to Mulder and Scully. The invasion was coming they were in hiding. It felt like they were waiting for the big story.

It's my hope they could do a continuation/standalone movie if they wanted too. Like...Open the movie up with Mulder and Scully still in hiding, so FBI starts up the X-files again. We introduce the new agents....They come across a old case of Mulder and Scully....so we flashback to Mulder and Scully's case, and it ends with the new agents again in search of Mulder and scully and uncovering the case using the clues Mulder and Scully left. Along the way the new agents meet up Doggett and Reyes...and Lance Henkrison.

That's just me...it's a way to do a standalone while still continuing the story? I don't know.

So if this is a success...will all the other movies be stand alone...and none will continue the story? After a while the actors will look too old for flashback stories

I simply want a non-alien "creature feature".. kind of like the ones they would do when it was non-mythology.

Mulder and Scully investigate bizarre murders in a small Virginia town... they found out it's a sea-creature-man living in the sewers... something like that. Simple and non-mythology.

Honestly, as much as I loved the show, they got really nuts with the mythology... made it impossible for newcomers to start watching...

I do agree on that. The mythology got a little..convoluted towards the end. I mean...how many different aliens were a part of the government conspiracy? Seems like 3 or 4

First X Files 2 Set Photo!

Source: Tarheels
December 12, 2007

ComingSoon.net has received this first photo of David Duchovny and Amanda Peet filming The X Files 2. Directed by Chris Carter, the thriller co-stars Gillian Anderson, Xzibit and Billy Connolly. 20th Century Fox will release the pic on July 25.

firstxfilessetphoto.jpg

Email Story to a Friend | Discuss on the Boards

Beat me to it.

This needs to open 3 days sooner. THAT would be a great Bday present:csad:

woo! its happening!
hope its better than the crappy/boring first one

Is there some actual confirmation that Gillian Anderson is in the movie? like the directors, or someone in the cast saying it... 'cause I think the only confirmation we got is that we can't imagine the movie without her...

Is there some actual confirmation that Gillian Anderson is in the movie? like the directors, or someone in the cast saying it... 'cause I think the only confirmation we got is that we can't imagine the movie without her...

It confirms she is in it in the blurb with the pic.

Doesnt that pic prove it??? She looks great btw..hope this flick is good i loved x-files from the start.

Mulder looks different, the attire isn't Mulder enough. And, I don't think Scully is replaced, that will never happen. It won't be X-Files than............

But, why the **** is Amanda Peet in this picture?

Gillian is definitely in the movie because she is auctioning off a day on the set for charity to fans.

Man...Amanda Peet is the hotness!

Yeah, I guess she is in, 'cause it would be a tragedy if she were replaced and the fans weren't informed right away...

Plus, she would have said something...

00001f.jpg

I wish I could post the window scene from "The Whole Nine Yards" but alas I'd be banned. ;)

I'll be in my bunk.

it would have to be 2 weeks sooner to be close to my BDay :(

It's good to see the picks. I was wondering when we were going to see something to mark the first days of shooting. That being said, I'm finally getting excited. I suppose it'll really get nuts when we see Anderson and Duchovny together.

On a side note, I can't remember - have we heard anything about Byers, Frohike, and Langly being in the movie? It just wouldn't feel like the X Files without the Lone Gunmen.

About Gillian's questioned presence in the movie, she is on IMDb's list. Now I know that IMDb is as credible as a "not guilty" plea from OJ, but the fact that she's listed isn't what's interesting. What's interesting is that Amanda Peet has top billing over her on that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"