Comics X-INFERNUS aka Inferno 2

Heh. Also, I enjoyed the cameo of the Gibborim as some of the elder gods.

if they have permanently turn Pixie from a fun little kid sister with cool looking powers/appearance into a a whining Kitty Pryde/Rachel type...then she can stay gone.

Who was the girl in blue/white next to Cannonball at the end? Was that supposed to be Dani?

I think so, yeah. The one time someone draws Dani without the feathers and pigtails, and they don't put her in a recognizable costume.

I think so, yeah. The one time someone draws Dani without the feathers and pigtails, and they don't put her in a recognizable costume.
LOL...I was just about to say that now I finally get why they always give her feathers.

1. Cebulski writes a damn good Nightcrawler. No way could he feel obsolete after those fight scenes. Glad to see somebody remembers he can use swords. Can we get Cebulski to write a main X-book....how about X-Force :o

2. Petey looks good with an axe :up:

3. One of the Elder Gods looks like a Giborim from Runaways.

4. dazzler has become the new Husk. Just kinda hangs around the mansion and often seen randomly lol. Abyss was the same way before he got depowered.

Last edited:
If they put Nightcrawler on X-Force because you said that Spoons I will find you and murder you like Kyle and Yost murder characters. :cmad:

Why is everyone saying Nightcrawlers dad is a demon now? did no one at the X-Office even 'get' that story?

Nah hes meant to just be a mutant (and powerful sorcerer)

Near as I can make out, the whole idea behind him was..

Back in biblical times people saw him all powerful with his hordes of evil looking mutants trying to kill them all, and being simple religous folk and not knowing what mutants are, they thought "omg That must be the devil"

...So in future stories and depictions, when they drew or talked about the devil they portrayed him to look like Azazel, all pointy eared pointy tailed and red skinned....

this is why the common interpretation of the devil (the one you get fancy dress costumes of) looks nothing like any description of him mentioned in the bible.

Likewise Angels are never mentioned as being men with big white flappy wings, but people saw the winged mutants trying to fight back the "Devil" mutants and thought "those guys trying to save us must be angels"... and thus when we see depictions of Angels now they have big feathered wings.

I actually quite liked it. For years people have thought Nightcrawler looked like a demon, so I liked the twist that this is only because our culture's perceptions of what devils and demons should look like were actually based on Mutants.

Last edited:
You're asking the editors at the X-office to remember exactly what they read, and exactly what context it was written in. That's asking too much for those guys. After all, if they could do that, Polaris wouldn't currently be Magneto's daughter and talking to Crystal like she knows her. James Proudstar wouldn't be calling himself Warpath again. The Decimation event (A) wouldn't have been called Decimation, and (B) people would've correctly said that the number of mutants reduced by 99% instead of 90%.

CBR: Fuzzball kicks things off for us today.

I enjoyed “X-Infernus,” but there were several things about the end of the miniseries that kind of left me confused. Where did Pixie go? Is she still stuck in Limbo?

C.B. Cebulski: Limbo is the last place I think Pixie wants to be after what just happened to her there, so she teleported herself as far away from Limbo as she could – with her new, more powerful Soul Dagger in hand, no less. As for where Pixie turns up next, you'll just have to wait and see.

If Pixie is still stuck in Limbo, how could the X-Men just leave one of their youngest members there? It seems incredibly irresponsible and uncaring…

Pixie was extremely upset and acting out on her own accord when she fled, and there was nothing the X-Men could do at that moment. But Pixie will be popping up again soon, so keep reading.

What’s the deal with Illyana’s horns? Sometimes they’re there, and sometimes they’re not.

What can I say? Sometimes she's horny, sometimes she's not.

Anyway... as with all things magic, there's a bit of mystery involved in regards to her horns, but you'll be seeing this issue addressed as she continues her adventures on earth with the New Mutants, starting this May!

X-Editor Nick Lowe: If I can chime in here, I think the horns coming and going was CB’s idea, but it may have been Cammo’s or even Zeb’s (who the hell knows?), but I loved it. It very much reminded me of how Illyana’s armor works. It comes when it’s needed. It’s not always the same. It’s magic! I mean, Magik!

Did Illyana regain any of her soul during this mini? If not, is she Illyana or is she Darkchild? Or are they the same person like Hulk and Bruce Banner?

Very inquisitive today, aren't we? She regained a little of her soul. The part in the Soulsword is back with her, but all the Soulstones are gone. What the conversation with her and Kurt (Nightcrawler) laid out for us is that, who she is (Illyana or Darkchild), is her choice.

Who is going through drills in the Danger Room at the end of the story? I recognize Canonball and Sunspot – who are the rest supposed to be?

Dani and Karma were both there as well, so all of Illyana's old teammates were there for her return. What a coincidence, eh? Oh, and Dazzler’s there too, although she was never a New Mutant.

The ending feels really abrupt. Is that intentional? Is this story merely the lead-in to a bigger story in “New Mutants?”

I'm sorry if it came off that way to you, but we tried to bring as much closure to Illyana's story and this miniseries as we could. I felt closing on Peter and Illyana was the only way the series could end really. She's back and she's gonna stay and try to work things out with him and the X-Men. I wanted to close this chapter of her life, and Zeb Wells is doing an amazing job bringing her back into the larger X-Universe in “New Mutants,” which I just know you'll love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"