Comics This is the X-Men's Manifest Destiny...

*gasp*
Dazzler is finally doing to do more than say about 2 lines of dialogue and then be used in the background of a scene where the X-Men are at a dance club! I'm amazed!

Even if she does something more I still won't be too interested in her.

Get her and Longshot back to the MoJoverse, that's where suits them the most, out of everyone's way.

I'm just waiting for Dazzler to do something, whether it be well or poorly written. Ever since they announced the X-Men's move to San Francisco, they've tried to make a big deal out of Dazzler's return to the team. She has done exactly nothing since Uncanny #500. She visited Pixie in the X-Center's infirmary, then we saw one page of her singing at a local club. Dazzler has officially done less than Karma, whose return was barely mentioned at all.

I'm just waiting for Dazzler to do something, whether it be well or poorly written. Ever since they announced the X-Men's move to San Francisco, they've tried to make a big deal out of Dazzler's return to the team. She has done exactly nothing since Uncanny #500. She visited Pixie in the X-Center's infirmary, then we saw one page of her singing at a local club. Dazzler has officially done less than Karma, whose return was barely mentioned at all.
Dazzler stopped being relevant back in the late 80s. She's such an 80s character and hasnt translated well in modern times at all. She went basically ignored for the majority of the 90s and she's failed to make an impact since being brought back this decade. I really dont even seem much potential in her as an X-men and have no idea how they can make her interesting again. I want to like her but creatively I see nothing here. I really dont think any of the writers know what to do with her either.

Am I the only one that bought an issue of Manifest Destiny #5, but inside it was actually Spider-man/x-men #3. I am very angry because that was the last issue my local store had. Did I just get the random mix up?

Am I the only one that bought an issue of Manifest Destiny #5, but inside it was actually Spider-man/x-men #3. I am very angry because that was the last issue my local store had. Did I just get the random mix up?

Looks like you're not the only one!

Some Marvel fans...discovered that behind the Humberto Ramos-illustrated cover of “X-Men: Manifest Destiny” #5 were the contents of an entirely different comic book, “X-Men/Spider-Man” #3 – which was not set to ship until January 14. The transposition is the result of a printing error...
...and first time I heard this Byrne-Stealing thing...LOL

Well, I'll take X-Men/Spider-Man over Manifest Destiny any day (I like the silver-age feeling, even though I'm hardly intersted in Spiderman), but I think it's still a major mistake of publication of Marvel, I wonder if they'll retrieve the misplaced ones from the customers.

I heard someone say that Marvel has told comic stores to tell customers to bring in their copy of the mix up and get one of the issues involved in the screw up for free or something like that.

I heard someone say that Marvel has told comic stores to tell customers to bring in their copy of the mix up and get one of the issues involved in the screw up for free or something like that.

Yea the link on my previous post provides this answer:

...customers who purchased the misprinted issue should return them to the store they purchased it from and get a replacement copy on January 21st. "Retailers received a full order of new copies at no charge of course."

the **** up is sure to be worth money one day tho

had it been a relevant title like Uncanny and Astonishing but Manifest Destiny and X-Men/Spider-Man? I doubt it

I can get a proper copy for free? Awesome.

And someone's (or some people) probably going to be sacked for that...

Somewhere, an intern weeps because his chances at getting hired have been shot.

Jeez. Dazzler's story in #5 was horrible. Come to think of it, that was a pretty bad issue all around. Bobby/Raven is beyond pointless now and it was dumb seeing 4 X-Men rough up Avalanche.

Long as Bobby stays in SF and joins a frickin team rather than both Uncanny and Astonishing revolve around Scott, Emma, Hank (ahem, sorry - Henry nowadays even though he has been called Hank every damn time for the past 40 years until the last 2), and Logan with a random new creation (Pixie/Armour), then I'm happy.

Amen to that. Guess Marvel thought the X-Men could use a "Big 3" like the Justice League.

I'd be fine with there being a 'Big 3' of Scott, Emma and Logan/Hank - but then Bats, Supes and Diana don't appear as core team members in JLA and "JLA Extra" and "JLA Bi-monthly" or something do they. If anything, have Scott appear in all core titles as mission coordinator or team gatherer for the mission aspect of that arc, but only be in the field in Astonishing.
Astonishing: Cyke, Wolverine, Emma, Beast, Armour
Uncanny: Archangel, Iceman, Forge - with three other rotating team members as dictated by the arc (Kurt, Piotr, Karma, Cannonball, Psylocke, Warpath, Hepzibah).

Though if you think about it, with X-Force, X-Factor, Young X-Men, those turned away (Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Cable) and the ones in space there aren't really many left to make two complete teams...

there are PLENTY left to fill three or more teams.

The kids from academy X could get their own book back and the original New Mutants could have theirs too. Kinda like how there's the Teen Titans and Titans

Last edited:
Gen X too...most of that cast is still alive and out there in some shape or form...Jubilee, M, Husk, Chamber, Penance, Gaia, Mondo, Artie and Leech(dunno if they still have powers tho)

I never got to read Gen X, but I'd buy that book just cuz it's an X-book

Gen X too...most of that cast is still alive and out there in some shape or form...Jubilee, M, Husk, Chamber, Penance, Gaia, Mondo, Artie and Leech(dunno if they still have powers tho)
Id also bring back Blink to round out the cast. Oh and resurrect Synch. I wouldnt bother with Gaia or Mondo bc they werent all that interesting and barely made an impact. Artie and Leech, I cant see on a team. They are more like background characters.

Artie and Leech should be adults by now, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"