Comics This is the X-Men's Manifest Destiny...

Id also bring back Blink to round out the cast. Oh and resurrect Synch. I wouldnt bother with Gaia or Mondo bc they werent all that interesting and barely made an impact. Artie and Leech, I cant see on a team. They are more like background characters.

Gaia is a dues ex machina(spelling?) so she should stay gone. way too powerful.

Mondo tho...if wrtten write..awesome. pure awesome. Sandman/Absorbingman-ish powers.

All good suggestions, but they aren't available for main X-Men teams are they. Half of GenX is depowered, some are dead. Half of the New Mutants/Original X-Force are depowered, some are dead, some are with X-Force. Take the list of every LIVING POWERED X-Man from any team, deduct those currently on teams as core cast and you arent left with many (Unavailable X-Men under blackouts). Oh yeah, and no one cares about Lifeguard, Slipstream or Thunderbird III

[BLACKOUT]Angel • Anole • Armor • Beast • Blindfold [/BLACKOUT]• Cannonball • Colossus • [BLACKOUT]Cyclops • Darwin [/BLACKOUT]• Dazzler • [BLACKOUT]Dust [/BLACKOUT]• Elixir • [BLACKOUT]Emma Frost [/BLACKOUT]• Forge • Gambit • [BLACKOUT]Graymalkin • Havok [/BLACKOUT]• Hellion • Hepzibah • Husk • Iceman • [BLACKOUT]Ink [/BLACKOUT]• Karma • Lifeguard • [BLACKOUT]Longshot[/BLACKOUT] • Magma • Marrow • [BLACKOUT]Marvel Girl[/BLACKOUT] • Mercury • Mimic • Nightcrawler • Pixie • [BLACKOUT]Polaris • Professor X [/BLACKOUT]• Psylocke • [BLACKOUT]Rockslide [/BLACKOUT]• Rogue • [BLACKOUT]Sage [/BLACKOUT]• Slipstream • Storm • Sunspot • Surge • Thunderbird (Neal Shaara) • [BLACKOUT]Warpath • Wolverine • X-23[/BLACKOUT]

I liked Slipstream and Lifeguard, well up until CC turned her into a bird and had him get prejudice and reject her. Hated Thunderbird under CC but he became infinetly more interesting in one issue of Morrison's New X-men, than in anything CC wrote for him

Why exactly was Neal's codename Thunderbird, anyway? Claremont, for all of his faults in recent years, has always been pretty good when it comes to shoving racial diversity into comics. Then comes Neal Shaara, a man from India, using a codename that previously belonged to two Apaches. It's like Claremont went senile, and got his "Indians" mixed up.

Whatever his reasons were, I'm glad that man is history now. (I don't count Exile as an X-book)

Artie and Leech should be adults by now, though.
nah they wouldnt be adults. Leech was last seen in UXM 487 and apparently hasnt aged past 10 years old. He must have the Franklin Richards syndome, but thats really not the point. What can Artie do thats useful for a team? Leech had a very pasive and shy personality and not a fighter. I woudlnt want them to change him in order to make him a team member. Also he'd only be usefull against mutants, whose numbers were drastically decreased since M day

I do like Artie and Leech, but they are best as a child. Make them grow up will lose the 'family feeling' these children bring to the X-Men.

Hmm.. this issues STILL not in my comics shop :(
Anyone got it yet that can give a summary of the stories?

Hmm.. this issues STILL not in my comics shop :(
Anyone got it yet that can give a summary of the stories?

I kinda sucked IMO

- Mystique was pretending to be Iceman with a bomb on top of a bridge. Bobby shows up and thwarts her evil plan. She vows to see him again and make him love her.

- Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Beast show up at Avalanche's bar and rough him up. They tell him to never attempt to do bad things again.

- Dazzler was on a plane flying to San Fran when some guy takes a stewardess hostage. He demands that she sing a song, and she does. She uses the vibrations/energy from the song to create a blast that allows her to pwn the bad guy. She's then offered a job in San Fran.

I kinda sucked IMO
- Mystique was pretending to be Iceman with a bomb on top of a bridge. Bobby shows up and thwarts her evil plan. She vows to see him again and make him love her.
errr why?
- Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Beast show up at Avalanche's bar and rough him up. They tell him to never attempt to do bad things again.
Sounds like good old fasioned superhero logic :D
- Dazzler was on a plane flying to San Fran when some guy takes a stewardess hostage. He demands that she sing a song, and she does. She uses the vibrations/energy from the song to create a blast that allows her to pwn the bad guy. She's then offered a job in San Fran.
So he actually holds up a plane just to make her sing? He must really love his Disco.

Cheers 4 the update.

I don't know, I've met some psycho girls in my time.

The whole "I'm going to keep hurting you and pissing you off until you admit you love me" thing really isnt so far stretched.

[BLACKOUT]"Make him love her"[/BLACKOUT]?

That just gives me goose bumps.

Can someone please kill Mystique? Don't send the Wolverine, he sucks at killing her.

I'm not even sure what the Iceman/Mystique story was about. Was it about Bobby realising (for the fourth time) what his potential is and gaining better control over his powers; or was it about Mystique wanting the last person she royally screwed (in both sense of the word) to kill her so she could be reborn (somehow) as the unfeeling gun for hire she started out as?

hmm dont really care much for Mystique much these days,

which is a shame as her old Solo series actually used to be pretty damned good. Anyone else actually read that?

She's an interesting character but her past/history have been explored ad nauseam. The constant "running into" Wolverine is dumb too. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd actually like to hear more about her time with Nightcrawler's dad. Draco arc :(

i thought dazzler couldnt use the soundof her own voice to covert it to light, etc.

what the crap happened?

The conclusion to the Iceman/Mystique story pissed me off. The whole point of the story was that Mystique has fallen in love with Iceman, but she's incapable of expressing her love like a normal person because she's a complete psychopath. That's not really what pissed me off, though.

What pissed me off was that Carey wrote a story that said "Mystique used to act like a heartless b****, but she really cares" immediately after writing a story that said "Juggernaut acted like he cared for a decade, but he's really an uncaring bastard." And I liked Juggernaut as a good guy, and like Mystique as a heartless villain.

No wonder Rogue is so mess up, cause her mother is even more mess up...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

I suppose, although this would be a definite nurture over nature thing. Raven raised Anna to be a little off-kilter. Kurt turned out completely sane despite the crazy genes.

All good suggestions, but they aren't available for main X-Men teams are they. Half of GenX is depowered, some are dead. Half of the New Mutants/Original X-Force are depowered, some are dead, some are with X-Force. Take the list of every LIVING POWERED X-Man from any team, deduct those currently on teams as core cast and you arent left with many (Unavailable X-Men under blackouts). Oh yeah, and no one cares about Lifeguard, Slipstream or Thunderbird III

[blackout]Angel • Anole • Armor • Beast • Blindfold [/blackout]• Cannonball • Colossus • [blackout]Cyclops • Darwin [/blackout]• Dazzler • [blackout]Dust [/blackout]• Elixir • [blackout]Emma Frost [/blackout]• Forge • Gambit • [blackout]Graymalkin • Havok [/blackout]• Hellion • Hepzibah • Husk • Iceman • [blackout]Ink [/blackout]• Karma • Lifeguard • [blackout]Longshot[/blackout] • Magma • Marrow • [blackout]Marvel Girl[/blackout] • Mercury • Mimic • Nightcrawler • Pixie • [blackout]Polaris • Professor X [/blackout]• Psylocke • [blackout]Rockslide [/blackout]• Rogue • [blackout]Sage [/blackout]• Slipstream • Storm • Sunspot • Surge • Thunderbird (Neal Shaara) • [blackout]Warpath • Wolverine • X-23[/blackout]

Actually, Marrow no longer has her powers, and Sunspot is pretty much considered a part of the Young X-Men. Mimic is also more of a bad guy now than a good guy. There's also quite a few more names you could add to that list.

~ Omega Sentinel
~ Northstar (who should just bring Aurora along and make her an X-Man already)
~ Chamber and Jubilee may no longer be powered, but that's not stopping them from being heroes in New Warriors, which is ending soon, so they should come back.
~ Cecelia Reyes. She still has ties to the X-Men as shown in her return in NYX, they could at least try to talk her back to be a base agent or something.

And I'm sure there's other mutants out there who haven't even been X-Men back. Why Firestar hasn't been at least seen with the X-Men in a long time is beyond me.

Add me to the list that hated the Bobby/Mystique stuff.

I suppose, although this would be a definite nurture over nature thing. Raven raised Anna to be a little off-kilter. Kurt turned out completely sane despite the crazy genes.

That's where environmental factors come into play...I don't see Mystique have a lot of interaction with Nightcrawler, though I won't put bet on him being 'sane' forever, after all, he's a Catholic, I'm always wary about religion and religious people.

That's hardly fair. Nightcrawler is notoriously sane, despite adhering to a religion.

Dust, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"