Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how people are more concerned about a movie over her baby and herself being safe and healthy. :o

Not true. Fans here and everywhere else were thrilled for her pregnancy. Even optimistc for how she'd bounce back for work. :up:

It wasn't until that she started telling the media outlets that basically she's gonna be "on the bench" for this film that folks got annoyed. :down

Once again, fanboys overreact for no good reason.

Melodramatic? Yes. That's part of the fanboy cycle of processing things. LOL :cool:

However, no one here is overreacting for "no good reason". Let's be very frank here: the actress is giving us information about her role. And she's being pretty specific. Until we are given more information we have no choice but to take it as seriously as any other quote or tweet released from actors, directors, producers, etc., working on this project.

I am more dumbfounded by why she would say this right now. The timing is just...so bad. I mean...did she not know her statements would create an unroar? I just feel her comments were irresponsible at this point. Halle Berry has GOT TO KNOW BY NOW that fans take issue with Storm's lack of "bad assery". So why would you address a subject that is already a fanbase "sore spot" and actually say the very things that fans are clearly dreading? Am I the only one who thinks this is just a bit irresponsible on her part?
:whatever:

Last edited:
Actually I think its good that she let everybody know that she's doing less because of her pregnancy. Now with the reaction from the people/fanboys, maybe Bryan Singer could do something about this and keep Storm's action scenes.

Actually I think its good that she let everybody know that she's doing less because of her pregnancy. Now with the reaction from the people/fanboys, maybe Bryan Singer could do something about this and keep Storm's action scenes.

We always knew she was going to do less due to her pregnancy. That was a given.

The difference here is that she's not simply saying "I'm (Halle Berry, specifically) doing less because I'm pregnant." That would be fine, and leave room for stuntwomen and CGI to do other feats for Storm.

Instead, she's actually speaking for the character's overall role in this storyline and taking responsibility for the heroine's lack of activity due to her pregnancy. In other words she saying that they've rewritten her character because of her condition. That's...not good.

I think she just simply may have misspoken and now people are taking the words and running with it. Maybe she doesn't know yet whether they will use a stunt double, CGI, or a combination of something else.

I think she just simply may have misspoken and now people are taking the words and running with it. Maybe she doesn't know yet whether they will use a stunt double, CGI, or a combination of something else.

I hope you're right SuperT.

But it's funny...isn't Halle always at the center of controversy with the franchise due to running her mouth and saying something bone-headed? :whatever:

We always knew she was going to do less due to her pregnancy. That was a given.

The difference here is that she's not simply saying "I'm (Halle Berry, specifically) doing less because I'm pregnant." That would be fine, and leave room for stuntwomen and CGI to do other feats for Storm.

Instead, she's actually speaking for the character's overall role in this storyline and taking responsibility for the heroine's lack of activity due to her pregnancy. In other words she saying that they've rewritten her character because of her condition. That's...not good.

Thats what I meant by doing less.

Lets just hope Halle Berry will be back for the 8th movie of this series so she could finally do a lot of stunts. That interview of her saying that she might/will do less action scenes because of her pregancy is not a good thing to hear especially when people expected to see a more bad-ass Storm.

But she should prioritize her health and the health of her baby over her role in this movie.

I agree completely. Her and babies health first. That being said id rather have no storm than a neutered one.

There's plenty of people over reacting and its not those upset over the professed lack of action.... Its those jumping to moronic and idiotic conclusions that we want a pregnant halle endangering her child for a fanboy action sequence.........

I agree completely. Her and babies health first. That being said id rather have no storm than a neutered one.

There's plenty of people over reacting and its not those upset over the professed lack of action.... Its those jumping to moronic and idiotic conclusions that we want a pregnant halle endangering her child for a fanboy action sequence.........

I don't see anyone clamoring for Halle to get in a harness while pregnant. :huh:

From what I read on-line it seems to be the general consensus that folks expected FOX to bring in CGI and stunt doubles for the action scenes.

I don't see anyone clamoring for Halle to get in a harness while pregnant. :huh:

From what I read on-line it seems to be the general consensus that folks expected FOX to bring in CGI and stunt doubles for the action scenes.

Me either... I don't know where SuperT got that..... I guess fanboy ranting goes both ways....

I truly truly hope they do alot of stunt double and cgi work to give storm some justice finally. And that Halle horribly misspoke

Me either... I don't know where SuperT got that..... I guess fanboy ranting goes both ways....

I truly truly hope they do alot of stunt double and cgi work to give storm some justice finally. And that Halle horribly misspoke

I'd like to hope so, otherwise that battles of the dystopian future may be pretty lame. A Storm vs. Sentinel battle is an absolute must-see.

Just can't believe that Halle said that Storm won't be "bad-ass" in this film because she's pregnant. I wonder what Bryan Singer thought when he read that comment?

Hey LS, it's going to be ok. I know you're venting, but that post in the other thread (that you deleted) was pretty... awful. Halle has said herself that the pregnancy was completely a surprise to her because she really thought that she couldn't get pregnant anymore. This situation isn't anyone's fault. (And you lashed out for someone defending Fox? Fox didn't get her pregnant.)

My hope is that Halle just misspoke or was misquoted and just meant that SHE isn't going to be as badass or flying around but that the production will handle whatever needs to be handled.

Personally.... It was inline imo for him to lash out at singer and fox for the take on storm.... People forget actors while they can make or break a part, are chosen by both studios and directors. Hall Berry hardly has any choice in the matter of how they chose to depict storm in this franchise. And the halle blame for the entire role is not only petty..... Its ridiculous

Hey LS, it's going to be ok. I know you're venting, but that post in the other thread (that you deleted) was pretty... awful. Halle has said herself that the pregnancy was completely a surprise to her because she really thought that she couldn't get pregnant anymore. This situation isn't anyone's fault. (And you lashed out for someone defending Fox? Fox didn't get her pregnant.)

I deleted the comment because I researched her comments and answered my own question. So I took it down as it no longer had relevance. Knowlege is powerful and my questions were legit until they had answers. I am not above retracting my statements when I feel they are inappropriate or innaccurate.

Josh8 said:
(And you lashed out for someone defending Fox? Fox didn't get her pregnant.)

I made a general comment about the way this studio/producer/Halle Berry herself have treated this character over the years...ergo, a truly "bad luck" character in this film series. In lieu of Halle's recent comments she's suggesting that this bad luck trend won't reverse itself and I stated my dissapointment about it.

For some reason, Marvelrobbins decided to engage my comments and target them directly to FOX, insinuating I was blaming the studio for her pregnancy/lack of birth control, etc. That was a bad move on his part. I clearly did not blame FOX or Bryan for Halle's pregnancy or personal life decisions. Marvelrobbins has a habit of injecting abstract/off-the-wall comments into completely unrelated conversations. Since he always defends FOX and Bryan no matter what the issue is (while blasting anything Marvel Studios/Avengers related) I checked him accordingly. :whatever:

My hope is that Halle just misspoke or was misquoted and just meant that SHE isn't going to be as badass or flying around but that the production will handle whatever needs to be handled.

Yes, I hope that is the case as well.

Last edited:
I deleted the comment because I researched her comments and answered my own question. So I took it down as it no longer had relevance. Knowlege is powerful and my questions were legit until they had answers. I am not above retracting my statements when I feel they are inappropriate or innaccurate.
I'll just say I'm glad you took it down.

For some reason, Marvelrobbins decided to engage my comments and target them directly to FOX, insinuating I was blaming the studio for her pregnancy/lack of birth control, etc. That was a bad move on his part. I clearly did not blame FOX or Bryan her Halle's pregnancy or personal life decisions. Marvelrobbins has a habit of injecting abstract/off-the-wall comments into completely unrelated conversations. Since he always defends FOX and Bryan no matter what the issue is (while blasting anything Marvel Studios/Avengers related) I checked him accordingly. :whatever:
Bad habit or not, he made a reasonable assessment, as you flat out listed the Halle, Fox, Singer, and their combination are ruining Storm. Since the issue at hand is the pregnancy, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for him to assume you were venting about the pregnancy. I understand that you mean what they intend to do about it as a group. But glad you're here to "check" people.

I think its a bit idiotic to assume LS was talking about her pregnancy..... There's really actually very few people that messed up on these boards who'd think like that... Yeah there's alot of crazy fanboys but most of us are still human beings. Most haven't sold their souls to mephisto or cthulu yet

The assessment was not reasonable..... Not in any logical form unless you always assume the worst in people

Also... The issue isn't about her pregnancy... Its about the lack of action storm deserves.i don't see anyone pissed at her for being pregnant or wanting her to harm herself or the baby.... Come on now.

Bad habit or not, he made a reasonable assessment, as you flat out listed the Halle, Fox, Singer, and their combination are ruining Storm. Since the issue at hand is the pregnancy, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for him to assume you were venting about the pregnancy.

:dry:

If I had listed Halle's baby as a 5th factor in ruining Storm I could see him making that presumption. But that would be beyond childish and silly...and untrue.

I was definitely discussing the history of the character in this 13 year old franchise and then--out of the blue--he accuses me of blaming movie Storm's failures on this new baby? I'm sorry, no--I'm gonna have to blow up your spot on that one: Halle's unborn baby is only 3 months old. Movie Storm has been effed up for over a decade now. So, that was a dumb ass (and very lame) accusation and that's why I spat at him. To suggest that I'm immature enough to claim that FOX is to blame for Halle's not using birth control (as he put it) is just incredulous.

[BLACKOUT]Besides, I've told him before about his weird willingness to go after anyone who defends Avengers/Marvel or complains about FOX/Singer and his claims that we as fans should be just grateful for what we've been given by this studio. Bump that s***. I've been here too long for someone to try to censor my comments and *tell me* what I need to accept from FOX or any other CBM producer. [/BLACKOUT]

My "Stop. Defending. Fox. It's disgusting" comment was just as generalized as my initial statement about movie Storm's treatment from 1999 till now.

But glad you're here to "check" people.

:funny:

Last edited:
I think its a bit idiotic to assume LS was talking about her pregnancy..... There's really actually very few people that messed up on these boards who'd think like that... Yeah there's alot of crazy fanboys but most of us are still human beings. Most haven't sold their souls to mephisto or cthulu yet

The assessment was not reasonable..... Not in any logical form unless you always assume the worst in people

Thanks Spideyboy. I was already annoyed with "the news". But to have someone misinterpet my comments into something so base is unnacceptable.

My "Stop. Defending. Fox. It's disgusting" comment was just as generalized as my initial statement about movie Storm's treatment from 1999 till now.
I definitely get it. Ever since Halle was confirmed for DOFP, my excitement began to grow and grow. (Storm is also my favorite X-Man). I somehow convinced myself that Bryan and Halle had miraculously learned how to handle the character and it was going to be glorious. The pregnancy news definitely threw a bit of a wrench in the plans, but I'm not devastated yet. These comments took my optimism down a peg as well, but I'm willing to wait it out. If her role really is "integral" to the story, then that's already a win. Because... come on! She hasn't really had an integral part in any of the stories yet.

Haha glad you can laugh because I forgot an emoticon!

I definitely get it. Ever since Halle was confirmed for DOFP, my excitement began to grow and grow. (Storm is also my favorite X-Man). I somehow convinced myself that Bryan and Halle had miraculously learned how to handle the character and it was going to be glorious. The pregnancy news definitely threw a bit of a wrench in the plans, but I'm not devastated yet. These comments took my optimism down a peg as well, but I'm willing to wait it out. If her role really is "integral" to the story, then that's already a win. Because... come on! She hasn't really had an integral part in any of the stories yet.

Yes. This.

Haha glad you can laugh because I forgot an emoticon!

Contrary to popular Hype belief, I don't really take myself that seriously on these boards--and I am quick to laugh at myself (including my over-the-top posts).

I just enjoy playing the role of a know-it-all, egotistical ass for the sheer joy it gives me in seeing others flustered. :cool:

I've seen so much negativity towards Halle as Storm these past couple days its insane!

storm has never been this force of nature in these films, and i'm surprised people think thats going to change all of a sudden

its like we hit a point where fans believe singer will be lot more loyal to the comic books, even though overall it doesn't sound like this film will be incredibly faithful to the DOFP comic but more its own thing with the DOFP concept

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"