Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

So.... new cast addition:

Evan Jonigkeit as young Toad

Evan-Jonigkeit.1380142606.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1720001/x-men-days-of-future-past-evan-jonigkeit.jhtml

who's as surprised as me?

Hmm, younger Mystique, younger Magneto, Quicksilver, perhaps even a HINT that Scarlet Witch exists. It sounds like Singer might be setting up for a more classic Brotherhood line up moving forward.

Being added this late must mean he's just a cameo setting up for more use later on i imagine.

I'd like to see Blob return, did he die though?

Hmm, younger Mystique, younger Magneto, Quicksilver, perhaps even a HINT that Scarlet Witch exists. It sounds like Singer might be setting up for a more classic Brotherhood line up moving forward.

yes, and I find it really exciting, to be honest.

Im ALL for a roster feeling like straight from the comics.

And the whole idea of seeing Fassbender with a pretty solid brotherhood on this sequel sounds pretty badass.

It's probally just a cameo.

Still it's further sign Bryan SInger is trying to fuse first Class and trilogy together.

It was once called by him inbetweeneqel.Part sequel to first class.part sequel to trilogy.Part
prequel to trilogy.

It's probally just a cameo.

Still it's further sign Bryan SInger is trying to fuse first Class and trilogy together.

It was once called by him inbetweeneqel.Part sequel to first class.part sequel to trilogy.Part
prequel to trilogy.

Again people are assuming its for the brotherhood but it might not be, according to that he has a different look to the X1 version, there are many reasons he could have a role whether its a cameo or not, he may be one of the mutants with havok or maybe something else, Singer may just wanted to use him again (which is pretty much why singer uses any of the mutants he does most the time) and i'l point out lucas till did mention in an interview

Well, yeah. I would challenge you or anybody else to spot two or three other mutants [in that photo]. At least two. They’re in the background there. They’re not new to the franchise, but they have been reinvented. And they’re in there. One has tattoos and one a very distinct feature.

So lets just wait and see here before jumping to conclusions

Last edited:
you have a point.

Actually it would be great if Singer shows Toad working with Havok and later leaves with Mystique and joins Magneto.

Thats what I call a perfect little arc for the character, taking into account he is still with Mag in X1.

To me, this is a good casting. The guy looks like Toad!

And I always wondered how Magneto recruited Toad. Hopefully we'll get an answer to that. And to me it was kinda odd that Toad was the only mutant who appeared in X1 to never appear in a 2nd movie and now he's appearing in DOFP. Isn't that cool and amazing.

I'd like to see Blob return, did he die though?
Probably killed by Victor in 1982.
In 1973 Dukes wasn't fat enough yet ;) As we rememeber him from Origins, in 1976 he was muscle guy, but would love to see bring back Kevin Durand as Fred Dukes.

It may be cool to see Destiny or someone like Avalanche

Because he's one of those homo superiors who have different face than homo sapiens. He has to hide, he's good sample of way to show young mutant's problems.

Avalanche would be cool!

And I can see them tying Toad's appearance in DOFP to his appearance in X1.

It will also be cool if Liev Schreiber made a cameo, then you have the original brotherhood ;D

I personally think some may be looking to deep into his role, its likely he has a similar role to the other mutants who feature in the past, as someone said after DOFP things have no reason to go the X1 route

Last edited:
Well we know the past and the future are being altered but until the past/future aren't fully altered, they could still tie things to the original trilogy. They are already doing it with Prof X and Mystique and probably Magneto/Beast too.

And tying Toad's appearance in DOFP to X1 gives more sense why Toad has to be in the movie. It would show that he's not just a random mutant but they're actually making a connection to the Toad we saw before, even if Toad's role in the film is just a cameo or a small role. And seriously, why cast a "younger version" of a character we saw before if they aren't gonna connect it to the 1st/2000 version of the character that we already saw before. Thats like creating another continuity-error.

Last edited:
Who is playing Nixon, is this Chazz Palminteri?
He played in Bryan's The Usual Suspects.

I'm pretty sure he was casted ages ago. Unless you mean who he's playing.

Nixon was seen in the trailer Kasjan, definitely wasn't Chazz

Nixon was seen in the trailer Kasjan, definitely wasn't Chazz

Are you sure? They've obviously added prosthetics on whoever the actor they got for Nixon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Chazz under all that make up.

Bryan said it was interesting casting choice, then who else it is, do you know what's name of this actor, who can it be?
IMO it's Palminteri with makeup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"