Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
REEEEELY "excited" ones! :cwink:

Heh. I told him that I was a part of a board that was bored with some members suffering from sexual frustration and confusion. Oh, and that most of us were gay and mutated. :oldrazz:

I want Rogue to fly and have super strength in this one. Have her absorb someone's powers permanently and make her the powerful character she is.

Quite the opposite actually. Emma in the source material is a feisty, sarcastic comedienne with a heart of cold AND gold.

I thought as much, which is why I don't really understand why Theron's role in Prometheus is an indicator that she'd make a good Emma Frost. That character was so dour and humourless.

I thought as much, which is why I don't really understand why Theron's role in Prometheus is an indicator that she'd make a good Emma Frost. That character was so dour and humourless.

Isn't that what Emma Frost is? :oldrazz: j/k

Magneto made it clear at the end of First Class that he wanted a telepath on his team and in his life. So it does beg the question of what became of Ms Frost. I doubt we'll get the answer, though. And I doubt we'll see any more of Ms Frost to be honest. Doesn't mean it's not a shame.

I'm not sure if we'll get an answer. Singer was good about connecting the dots and addressing X-Men's loose ends with a line or two in X2. We'll see if he does the same in Days of Future Past. Though, after an 11 year gap, it might be strange that Magneto is still hung up on past Brotherhood members. We'll see.

Frost has had some great moments in the comics. The shifting allegiances, the battle with Phoenix, joining the X-Men, teaching Iceman how to expand his abilities, switching minds with Storm (where she sees how Storm perceives the world and its elements), not to mention the sarcastic attitude. It is a pity all that has gone down the drain on screen.

She does have great moments in the comics. Unfortunately, I think a lot of the moments you listed were lost even before First Class. Emma's interesting dynamics, in my opinion, lie in her history with the Hellfire Club and how her villainous background later affects her relationships with the X-Men, particularly Iceman, Kitty Pryde, and Storm, but more notably Cyclops and Jean Grey. All of that was seemingly lost when she was dropped from X-Men 3, and Fox decided that The Last Stand would be "the last X-Men movie ever."

As for X-Men Origins, I can't be clear enough how glad I am they ditched that version of the character, as Emma most likely would have been little more than a feisty blonde interested in Cyclops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDY5T1nSBys

Emma Frost, known for her trademark white and formerly known as the White Queen, in a black leather jacket? Really?

To be fair, there is a bit of a dividing line between Emma Frost, The Hellfire Club's White Queen, and the Emma Frost of today, who is far better developed and less one note. It's really only after the X-Men movies debuted, that she became such a prominent character in the main X-Books. Still, she's never been as sullen as Theron's Vickers in Prometheus.

Last edited:
^There's that great deleted scene from "X-Men" of Jean and the Professor drinking tea, so we'll always have that.

^I know right? that and the one where she asks the Professor permission to use Cerebro, I have a soft spot for those two.

Wolverine drank a Dr. Pepper once.

I'm pretty sure Rogue and Iceman with a couple others are eating in a mall-style food court in X-Men 3, or it's X-2 I can't remember.

I'm pretty sure Rogue and Iceman with a couple others are eating in a mall-style food court in X-Men 3, or it's X-2 I can't remember.

They were hanging out in the mall or the food court section of the museum.

But I remember, Iceman was eating something when he was talking to Wolverine at the mansion.

Baskin Robbins. Product placement. Just like the Dr. Pepper Wolverine was drinking :oldrazz:

Will they ever explain what happened to Nightcrawler between 2 and 3? I'm sure this has been discussed but I never got an answer XD

Probably not. They didn't explain it in X3, why would they bother to bring it up in X4/DOFP.

Wolverine drank a Dr. Pepper once.

And Iceman blew on it to make it cold.

Which, according to the internet circa 2003, was just the most homoerotic thing he could do. :o

There's been a great deal of discussion lately on this board about blowing on things. What the hell? Angamb started it. LOL :p

I know I didnt add the "away", but what was wrong with my quote? lol

did I say something sexual or something?

I know I didnt add the "away", but what was wrong with my quote? lol

did I say something sexual or something?

You said you wanted Singer to please us... orally. ;)

That's as family friendly as I can make it.

WHAT???????????????

english is soooo dangerous, lol. so to bl_ _ us is to make us oral sex?

dammm. I wont post anymore on any american board, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"