'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psyonic

psyonic X-Man

I don't think Alan would come back because we already have Blink, unless Fan Bingbing is not Blink and it's just to mess with us in not expecting another teleporting mutant.. I find it weird that her character was revealed and no one else..

2. Dragon_316ca

Dragon_316ca Well-Known Member

3. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

This is not surprising anymore since she already said before that she doesn't think her character will be in the movie and the report of Caleb Landry Jones/Jason Flemyng not coming back for the movie.

It should be me since I took acting classes and I know how to act!

4. psylockolussus

20th Century Fox already confirmed to SuperHeroHype that Alan Cumming isn't coming back for the film when James McAvoy mentioned his name in an interview. Why would FOX do that? Its like giving false information.

Hey! She's beautiful in her own way!

5. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  6. James_Smith

James_Smith Well-Known Member

7. narrows101

narrows101 Guest

From the article:

8. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

They won't recast, which is why I'm disappointed with this news. Also confused as to how this will link in continuity to the cliff hanger of XMFC.

9. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

Great news January Jones is utterly terrible.

10. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

How about getting Pyro back?

11. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

Didn't he die?

12. JP

JP Smelly

Seemed pretty dead to me. He was knocked unconscious on an island where everyone/thing was disintegrating. Pretty dead.

Ideally, after the events of DoFP I'd love to see a new timeline with an X-Men team (possibly 2 separate teams?) of Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Wolverine, Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Beast, Nightcrawler, and Angel.

And a Brotherhood of Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, Toad, and Sabretooth.

13. Mulholland-Jr

I don't think it would be that implausible if he woke up got off the island like the others considering all the other illogical crap in that movie.

14. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Pyro was never seen as killed.Golden rule Is If you don't see body they can come back,and sometimes even after that.

The ending of DOFP will give us Idea what future holds.If film ends In 1973 with them not knowing If they have changed the future that means at least 1 more prequel Is coming.
    If It shows the future with sentinles was prevented and time time allows them to retcon events of Last Stand that means sequels and modern day spinoffs are where they are going.

15. By your Command

By your Command Danger Room Technician

I always kinda liked the idea of depressed post X3 Magneto hiding with Pyro, having Pyro go out for something (let's say milk), coming back (with the milk, why not?), and Magneto asking "Why did you have to kill the boy" and finding out that a vengeful Mystique killed him while he was doing his errand. So bottom line, I wouldn't mind a Pyro cameo.

16. Mulholland-Jr

I can see something like him being a depowered, unkempt hermit who keeps the X-Men hidden (in his base) from the Sentinels or something.

17. Storm22

Storm22 Well-Known Member

I would like to see more of Pyro. Stanford did a great job with him. I wonder will he return.

18. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Good riddance.

FC had no cliffhanger. If you're talking about the hint that Emma could join the Brotherhood, then that's more of an open-ended plot point which future writers could have chosen to pick up on, not a cliffhanger.

19. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

Pyro was fine in X2, but I thought he was just an annoying little punk who needed a good hard smack in X3. Don't really want to see him back.

The last scene in FC was more like Magneto Has Arrived scene rather than a cliffhanger. While I don't think that Emma necessarily needs to be in DoFP, it would be weird IMO if Magneto just had Mystique to hang around with, unless the circumstances somehow prevent him from having more followers. Yes they're the core members and everyone else is an expendable, but it's pretty ridiculous for Magneto to be a mutant leader of just one.

20. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

I'm sorry but it just seems so damn odd and weird that Emma nor anyone else that joined Magneto (and Mystique) at the end of First Class is going to be in this sequel, even if I didn't like the character or the performance.

21. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

Well, for all we know, Omar/Fan/Boo Boo could theoretically be Brotherhood members. It may not be just him and Mystique.

To be honest, the fact that so few are returning for FC, makes it clear to me that they're well aware of the shortcomings of that cast. Had Emma been better received, I have no doubt they'd have found a role for her in here, but alas, we got January and now Emma is tainted. Unless we see a return for her in the "present" time.

22. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

If Pyro comes back, he will have had his arms and hands amputated for sure. There's no way those limbs could've survived what Ice Man did to them in TLS.

They were thoroughly ruined to the bone.

23. psylockolussus

For me, the main reason why I'm disappointed about January Jones not coming back is how her character ended in First Class. Like Magneto just recruited her to be in his second in command and in the next movie, she's not included. It doesn't flow very well. Plus she was playing Emma Frost, a big character in the comics, they could have done so much more.

24. JP

JP Smelly

"To be his second on command" erm, WHAT? When was that said or even implied?

25. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

I wouldn't say second in command but she definitely filled a role that Magneto so desperately needed which was a telepath.

It's just going to be odd to have her in the first film then just disappear. If anything, if Singer wasn't happy with Jones' performance, I would stomach a recast as long as Emma stayed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.