'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

I think the only reason to use Polaris would be the Magneto connection... and there's just no time for that really. However, I've always had a soft spot for the oft-under-appreciated Lorna Dane. :hrt:

2. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

yet, there is no time to introduce Magneto's children or daugther on 5 team movies, lol

3. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

I meant the storyline of her connection to Magneto will never be given focus in the current X-film universe, so there really isn't much reason to introduce her while Magneto is still a major player.

4. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

thats exactly a reason why they could easily introduce Lorna, becase Magneto is a mayor player.

Lorna or any of her children wouldnt be introduced if Magneto wasnt a big part of this franchise.

Of course Fox could use them without Magneto, but that would be soo cheap. And a wasted opportunity. Of course, Fox is known for decisions like this. But you get my point

5. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Look at the huge cast they already have.They have 12 actors from futre scenes alone.Plus 4 returnes from first class,Peter Dinklage's character and whoever is playing Nixon.That's
    16 Actors.That's already on par with X2,and first Class.That's more than X-Men or the Avengers.The idea they are going to flood the sceen with more Isn't very likely.I say we
    know who most of cast Is now.This Isn't X-Men the last stand or X-Men origins:Wolverine.

6. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

no, its the first X-Men Crossover of Fox and on the cinema to date, so to expect this movie to have just the same number as X2, being only the second film on the franchise... well, its not the same case.

The 70's wont only have 4 mutants. That would be a really poor adaptation of the era and the storyarc. And I highly doubt Singer plays cheap with the 70's.

7. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

This lack of news about 70s X-Men could mean that their identities are being kept secret for a reason.:shock

8. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

It's fairly obvious there will be a physical time travel to 1973 and it will be
    more than 1 going to past.

1-You have 8 from trilogy(Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,Rogue,Kitty,Storm,Iceman,
    and Colossus)
    2:You have 4 new characters in Future part of film(Bishop,Blink,warpath,and
    likely Sunspot) that brings us up to 12 actors
    3-You have 4 returning from First Class(Youn Xavier,Young Magneto,Mystique,
    and Beast) that brings us up to 16 actors
    4:You have peter dinklage's character(most Likely Boliver Trask) that brings us up to 17
    5:Nixon actor brings us up to 18

That's a lot.Given that It's unlikely any other mutants will be In film Inless
    A:They are mostly silent Characters In background like Sabretooth and toad In X-Men,Deathstrike In X2,and colossus In Last Stand
    B:Camos to help tie films together.Like Teenage Cyclops and Teenage Jean at end of 1973 or Cyclops,Jean,or Nightcrawler In altered present after the time travel

9. lastairbender

lastairbender Well-Known Member

Well, they will probably use 1 ou 2 more mutants for the past although i think that less known mutants. And i agree that it wont be just 1 or 2 mutants traveling to the 70's. Time travel will include more from the triology. The story will focus in the 70s period so we have to have more mutant interaction there.

And i am sad that Marvel will use Magneto children. I like marvel movies, but i prefer the mutants universe. And id love to see some interation between Magneto and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and Polaris. That would be great.

I think the next movie could focus on Genosha story, and bringing Magneto children at that time would be the ideal move!
    But dont know if it will ever happen :(

10. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

exactly. Bryan wants to keep some surprises. And we even find out recently that Adan Canto (maybe Sunspot) is joining the cast, so its very likely that Bryan wants to keep posting casting updated during the production.

This way the wait will be better, so... why not?

11. Obsidian Idea

Obsidian Idea The light is blinding

Is it confirmed that Boo Boo Stewart is playing Warpath and that he's a future X-man?

He could be Thunderbird and portraying one of the newer 70's X-men...

12. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

So far the only characters we've gotten even a glimpse of backstory are Logan, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Jean, and Rogue. My point is that Lorna is not going to be the next. You may think her connection to Magneto is the reason she could be easily included, but I think the exact opposite. In my opinion, it is the reason why they would be hesitant to include her. A detail like that would require a lot of attention and they just are not going to give any one character that's not Logan that much attention.

13. Brainiac 8

Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

All I know is that if Banshee and Havok are out, I'll not be a happy camper. Banshee was awesome.

14. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

No. We all pretty much assumed he would be in the future scenes because he's already in Montreal with the current cast but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up not being in the future. People just assumed he was playing Warpath.

Plus, we still have no idea who Adan Canto is playing and if he is even in the future scenes as well.

Tons of speculation around these parts.

15. Obsidian Idea

We're all going to be livin' in speculation city for the rest of this year...until the plot is "accidently" leaked or we get treated to more insight by Singer via Twitter...

16. Obsidian Idea

Yes he was... he stole the show for me. X:FC definitely gave me more appreciation for Sean Cassidy/Banshee.

I'm really looking forward to Fassbender getting into the role of Mags in the future sequels...he brings so many layers to Eric, which is true of the character.

17. narrows101

narrows101 Guest

Hugh tweets:

Hugh Jackman ‏@RealHughJackman
    Having an awesome #XMen reunion. Wish I weren't sworn to secrecy. But ask @BryanSinger maybe you can pry it out of him!

18. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

something tells me another original actor is there, but Bryan has kept the surprise to date

19. DarknessOfDeath

DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Well we know that Famke Janssen is shooting a movie in Ontario...ahem...lols. I could be wrong though.

20. venus_ice

venus_ice Well-Known Member

Where are the Cyclops people to **** their pants all over this? :funny:

21. wobbly

wobbly Occasional Scribbler

Given we already know all the other re-unitees, Famke or James (or both) are the only others left that Hugh couldn't divulge (Doubtful Grammar will be back, and he wasn't one of the original group anyway)

22. venus_ice

venus_ice Well-Known Member

Oh wow I forgot about him. The new Beast make up does resemble his.

23. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

James, Famke and Alan are the strongest options, Id say.

We all know how almost everyone loves Nightcrawler and Alan's role on X2, and since the actor was open to return, and all the buzz around him back in the day... I wouldnt be that surprised if he is one of the surprises, even if its just a cameo at the end or something.

24. narrows101

narrows101 Guest

Alan is doing MacBeth until June 30.

25. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

well, a cameo could be shot in one day, so... everything is possible, mon ami! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.