Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Or maybe he's somewhere living all by his lonesome while being haunted by Jean because she's dead...

lol... I am writing a Scott centric story where he suffers from having Dreams and Hallucinations of Jean because he feels he's directly responsible for her death. now before you ask let me just say that this is a what if Scott had shown up at the end of X3 and after Logan tries to gut Jean, it fails to kill her thus leaving Scott having to pay the ultimate price by shooting Jean with a gun...now why a gun? Well...at this point, Scott would have temporary lost his power because when Jean held them back before and during the time when they kissed at Alkali Lake, she somehow scrambled his mind and his power and realizing what was happening, she sent him back away from her before she could kill him. lol. Something my friend came up with, actually. Then someone finds him with no memory as to why and what he was doing when he's wandering around aimlessly in a place out of nowhere.

Somehow Scott does gets his powers back but it would have to be dealt with time travel which would lead right into DOFP... lol. I even wrote a scene where Logan finds Scott and tries to get him to come back to the X-men...and this is after Logan returns from Japan in The WOlverine.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in helping me out with some minor details, I would appreciate it, thanks. Trying to find some help with this story.

I always just figured if they wanted to bring Scott back they could easily say jean put him in the psychic cocoon she was in under the lake. Or bring sinister in and he's some how able to bring him back

speaking of sinister....he does appear in my story...where he offers scott a chance to work with him to help him get his powers back...but after that fails, scott realizes he was just being used and realising at this point that scott is useless, sinister orders his henchmen to kill him...or something like that. this is the moment where scott faces a life and death situation and when he does faces death, he sees Jean who then kills the henchmen out of revenge and afterwards, she revives him and later, this makes scott believe that somehow Jean is alive...pretty much the same way Logan feels...

Well what I also meant for Scott is when he too, would be resurrected at the end of DOFP along with Jean. Sorry. I should have added that part into my other post.

Singer did say he was going to fix s*** from the Last Stand and I know Jean and Scott is one of those mistakes that Fox and Ratner should never have done in the first place. I remember back in the day that Fox didn't want Jean and Scott in X3 even though Singer planned on making X3 and X4 back to back and this pissed off Singer that he left to do Superman Returns. Maybe its just a rumour or maybe its one of the reasons why Singer couldn't make the X Men movie that he wanted but that's what I heard way back then.

Two things:
1) I don't believe Singer has actually said he was going to use DoFP to 'fix things' from any of the existing films
2) Scott and Jean's deaths are neither a mistake or something to be 'fixed'; they are a legitimate creative decision that made sense within the context of The Last Stand's story, regardless of whether or not you personally thought they should've happened.

As for the deaths being an 'F-U' by FOX, I think whoever told you that is full of crap.

- the very first one will be the Cure.

- The other one can only be (at least) one of the deaths.

There isnt anything more that could be "fixed"

His reaction in the video says it all, in my opinion. And, yes, there are only so many things that could be viewed as needing correcting.

- the very first one will be the Cure.

- The other one can only be (at least) one of the deaths.

There isnt anything more that could be "fixed"

I agree with Angamb, and when some people say "fix" I think they mean remove/delete from canon/continuity altogether.

Two things:
1) I don't believe Singer has actually said he was going to use DoFP to 'fix things' from any of the existing films
2) Scott and Jean's deaths are neither a mistake or something to be 'fixed'; they are a legitimate creative decision that made sense within the context of The Last Stand's story, regardless of whether or not you personally thought they should've happened.

As for the deaths being an 'F-U' by FOX, I think whoever told you that is full of crap.

1) singer actually has said he plans to fix some discrepancies he has with the series.

2) its common knowledge that When FOX and Singer were on bad terms when he left X3 for superman returns he tried to recruit some xmen cast members to follow him (most likely in an attempt to force fox to delay X3s production to wait for him) he met with James marsden (which he snagged), shawn ashmore (for jimmy olsen ), and i believe famke also flew out to australia for a lunch meeting. I think singer wanted her to play parker posey's role.

Ultimately famke and ashmore declined. Marsden then got a bunch of heat for it and at one point was even written out of X3 entirely. That got even more heat and marsden eventually actually offered to do his part in X3 for free. Just to Be a part of it. ( i don't know if he in the end actually didn't get paid for it or not. But he was quoted as saying it and shortly after was added back into the script in a minor role)

I agree with Angamb, and when some people say "fix" I think they mean remove/delete from canon/continuity altogether.

Yeah i don't think singer is "erasing" anything. I think he's just trying to make sense of continuity. The cure ultimately won't stick, he will make sense of xaviers return, beast will have an image inducer (which will line up with his x2 cameo), and we may learn that either Scott is alive or jean can reform.

I kinda hope they show the astral plane this time where we see xavier and jean at first

In comics,when Wolverine comes back to USA after his treavel to Japan, he's in a relationship with Mariko (Tao Okamoto). I think that, if she doesn't die in The Wolverine, it's possible she'll be seen in XMDOFP, isn't it?

I think Mariko will die in The Wolverine. If she doesn't, I don't think Logan will be ready to fall in love and settle, so he would just leave Mariko alone.

He shouldn't fix X3's mistakes, he should just ignore it all completely. He did it with Superman Returns and ignored 3 and 4, why not ignore another poor sequel? My biggest gripe is...WHY NO GAMBIT?

Ignoring continuity is lazy ass writing

Do you really want to waste time on, "the cure was only a temporary fix" "all the deaths were a bad dream" "The Juggernaut isn't really this annoying hairy British guy" ?

I'd rather leave X3 alone and continue on, maybe leave the first trilogy alone completely and just start anew and vaguely mention things here and there when needed. Why be reminded of that mess?

He shouldn't fix X3's mistakes, he should just ignore it all completely. He did it with Superman Returns and ignored 3 and 4, why not ignore another poor sequel? My biggest gripe is...WHY NO GAMBIT?

And look what happened to Superman Returns.:doh:

Bryan Singer was working so hard to make it look a sequel to Superman II and it ended up a big disappointment despite getting a fresh rating in Rotten Tomatoes.

When there's a bad movie in the series, you just don't ignore it and pretend that things in that movie didn't happen. You fix the bad things that happened in the last movie in the next movie.

Do you really want to waste time on, "the cure was only a temporary fix" "all the deaths were a bad dream" "The Juggernaut isn't really this annoying hairy British guy" ?

I'd rather leave X3 alone and continue on, maybe leave the first trilogy alone completely and just start anew and vaguely mention things here and there when needed. Why be reminded of that mess?

1) magneto on screen saying "the cure didn't stick" is all you need. Hell X3 ended even with magnetos power returning. Won't take any screen time what so ever.

2) xaiver died in X3 ... You HAVE to tell the audience how he's back. Or it will actually hurt the film

3) any other returns would just be cameos at the end with the fixed timeline

4) no one said anything about the juggernaut. His ship has sailed

I'm all for all of those fixes I just don't want Ratner's mistakes to take away from a film all X-Men fan's have been waiting for.

I'm all for all of those fixes I just don't want Ratner's mistakes to take away from a film all X-Men fan's have been waiting for.

Honestly? I think most fans want this film to fix mistakes. Take as much time as they need as long as its a logical good story

If you are expecting a good sequel to X2. Its not gonna happen anymore.

Anyway there's hundreds of stories in the comic-books that they can adapt to. They can always make their own story. Their adaptation of the Phoenix Saga wasn't great because Singer didn't direct the movie and wasn't involved in the story, but there's still a chance to make another great X-Men movie.

This franchise can't move forward with the weight of X3 still baring heavily on it.

This franchise can't move forward with the weight of X3 still baring heavily on it.

people probably don't even remember x3 anymore outside of those who are big fans of the comic movie franchises.

I'd say 50/50 on Gambit but they have so many A listers in the cast they probably couldn't afford Taylor Kitsch at this point. Hoping to see him if there is a sequel to DOFP in some fashion. Maybe they'll start doing the 1 shot approach where this will be a 1 shot flick and the next will hopefully be a stand alone story, maybe a Mr. Sinister story? Been waiting to see that for a long time now.

Taylor kitsch needs to never appear in an xmen film again...

Give us an older future gambit in x4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"